KOMIK

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: Apollyon, BFenix

KOMIK

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:55 pm

(Thanks to BFenix for the logo!)
Hey guys, this is a thread for my band KOMIK, KhaoTiK is in the band too, but he told me he will no longer visit the forums.

(Spoiler is original post)
Spoiler: show
Me and a few friends are getting ready to record a metal album (I'm doing rhythm guitar) and we just lost our drummer, and we can't afford a drum machine. Does anyone here have personal experience with drumming software? Also, to record guitars we're using audacity with a rocksmith cable.
Last edited by samuelzz10 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Re: Recording a metal album

Postby Ham701 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:03 am

Get gig experience and build up a following before attempting an album. That'll give you feedback on how your songs are and will help you make a better album.

However, you did somehow lose your drummer, so live performances might be difficult. So get him back or something.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby Bragallot » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:09 am

Yeah, you're going to need a drummer who can get it all right at some point anyway, so it's better to look for one.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Silent-sigfig wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:Colette, why have they all got soup stains on they're coats

One characteristic of nerds is lack of hygiene
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:47 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnwwg5me0nytoyt/Demo%20track%201-%20NIGHTMARE%20FUEL.mp3
Nightmare fuel, one of the tracks. Don't worry, this is the only one that sounds like some Residents avantgarde BS.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby BFenix » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:00 am

Well, it is kinda bs, IMO. I don't see what you guys were going at with it. I was expecting a guitar to burst into some crazy riff or intro in the middle of the... psychedelic vibe?

Iunno, share more stuff once you have it.
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:12 pm

BFenix wrote:Well, it is kinda bs, IMO. I don't see what your guys were going at with it. I was expecting a guitar to burst into some crazy riff or intro in the middle of the... psychedelic vibe?

Iunno, share more stuff once you have it.

We're planning on making it segway into another track at the end, like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTFD5DZwK7g
I made it by playing a bunch of random notes on an orange amp with a lot of distortion and a repeat hallway effect. Then in audacity I reversed it and that was the end result. We're like I said adding another track at the end of a re-recorded version of that.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:37 pm

I finally recorded another track! (sortof)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fs94wl9ffrzn6ty/trogdor_demo.mp3

Yes, this is supposed to be very melodramatic. I'm re-recording this this my drummer (yeah, I found one) and my bass player soon, and I'm also re-making the Trogdor music video I posted here a while back.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Honestly that was pretty good. I like it more than the last one. You just need to polish up that guitar playing.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:03 pm

Silverdream wrote:Honestly that was pretty good. I like it more than the last one. You just need to polish up that guitar playing.

Thanks! I am going to re-do some of the guitar playing, my main concern with continuing the song is that I don't know how the vocals and tabs match up, so I'll probably only finish this much later.

If anybody was curious, here's the final line-up for the demo, that is actually much longer than what a demo should be:
-Detroit Rock City
-Sharp Dressed Man
-Cum on Feel the Noize
-For those about to Rock, We Salute You
-Dust in the Wind*
-These Dreams*
-More than a Feeling
-Panama
-Smells like Teen Spirit
-Tippy Toes
-5 original songs that range from comedy rock to AC/DC style power chord driven hard rock
*These two songs were chosen by the lead guitarist who mostly plays acoustic, I know it isn't hard rock or metal.

And yes, I am aware I can't play the guitar on most of these songs, I play rhythm and do lead vocals and on some songs, (Panama, These Dreams) I only do vocals. My Bass player is covering the lead guitarist on this album because he is actually better at guitar than bass, (his bass training is from school orchestra) because my lead guitarist only plays acoustic as of now so he can't really practice hard rock and metal without having to guess he's playing correctly, from a lack of overdrive or distortion. The bass will be added in with the magical power of layering.

Also, this will probably only be finished next summer because of school, and the fact that we all go to different schools. I will probably have a live video up soon because not too far from now me and my bassist are playing some Flight of the Concords for a promotion.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Cool, I think you guys could pull off Teen Spirit well.

Also, we all start out as shit. Eventually, after a ton of hard work and dedication we become polished turds. If a polished turd continues to shine, it eventually becomes a diamond.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby KhaoTiK » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Well, I am the bands bassist in the band. I am not playing a bass, I am playing Master of Puppets on guitar. It's not very good, but I just look this up like a week ago, and haven't done much serious practicing on this song. :wtc: and I think that Emoticon is just the funniest shit ever.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/deetiii8corzsvs/Untitled.wma
KhaoTiK
Champion

Postby BFenix » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:09 am

You got some serious practicing ahead of you. Firstly I would train getting in tempo and playing the song always on the same rhythm. Start really slow and then gradually increase the BPM's as you nail the song. Ah, yeah, try using a metronome to help with that.

Also, train alternate picking. As you play faster music, just downstroking wont get you there.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:47 pm

BFenix wrote:You got some serious practicing ahead of you. Firstly I would train getting in tempo and playing the song always on the same rhythm. Start really slow and then gradually increase the BPM's as you nail the song. Ah, yeah, try using a metronome to help with that.

Also, train alternate picking. As you play faster music, just downstroking wont get you there.
Who are you talking to?
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby BFenix » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:26 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
BFenix wrote:You got some serious practicing ahead of you. Firstly I would train getting in tempo and playing the song always on the same rhythm. Start really slow and then gradually increase the BPM's as you nail the song. Ah, yeah, try using a metronome to help with that.

Who are you talking to?

My bad. I was referring to KhaoTiK's post.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby KhaoTiK » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:55 am

Updates of the metal album, we are working on a few songs. Sam and I have both came together writing a song about 1) My persona 2) Sams persona 3) The Entire band. Now the entire band is going to be some over dramatized story about how the band had a duel with the Devil or something, but more original than that, so we aren't copying Tenacious D or the Devil Went Down To Georgia. As far as our persona songs go, they are going to mainly instrumental, with some interjections about how awesome we are, and whatnot. Samuel's written about 20 or so songs about things like swagfags, serial killers who are afraid of themselves, murderers, my demented ex girlfriend, and Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. It's pretty good shit. We'll post some recording of us practicing, if anyone's interested.
KhaoTiK
Champion

Next

Return to The Metal