"Super-Sized" Brikspace Stat Dump

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

"Super-Sized" Brikspace Stat Dump

Postby Colette » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Oloth's Brikspace Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VgA ... 5-_WE/edit

Colette wrote:...
-----------
Regarding Normal Weaponry

-“Antennae” turrets are small, with 1d6 damage and 4d6 accuracy
-Medium turrets are any other turret designs, that do not qualify as large. For example, I’ve decided to bump down the tri-barreled Praetorian turrets to medium. Claws and cones are typically indicative of this size. 2d6+2 damage and 3d6 accuracy
-Large turrets must be at least an inch. For example, I still maintain the typical double-barrel Scythian turret as large, as well as. 3d6 damage and 2d6 accuracy
-Mega-class turrets have a 1d6 accuracy and 4d6 damage. Must be at least 2 inches.

-Superweapons are special weapons that are too big to fit in the typical framework of Brikspace. Superweapons must be at least 3 inches or longer- for every inch past 2 inches, the superweapon gains another die of damage. All superweapons share the same accuracy rating to accommodate their vast variety of sizes- they have 1d6 accuracy, and are restricted to either other battleships and dreadnoughts (or other entities of that scale, such as orbital colonies and Elder Gods) or smaller objects that have been stationary for at least one turn. I.E a superweapon is useless against swarming fighters or even destroyers and cruisers, but if say their engines are taken out and they become stationary, then that gives the superweapon enough time to aim and fire at them. There may be exceptions to this, such as superweapons that by virtue of their design act as burst cannons or explosives, but at that point I will expect that the person in charge of that faction homebrew their own stats and provide them to the gamemaster.

Example superweapons in this battle include the USA frigates, and of course the USA dreadnought’s deadly turrets.

-The antimatter projectors on the Emperor will be considered equivalent to light missiles in terms of damage (that is, 4d6 damage and 2 inch blast radius), except as turrets they reach their targets instantaneously instead of having the missile slog through the intervening space over the course of several turns.
-----------

-----------
Of course I am still soliciting suggestions for microspace-melee stats.

Missiles gain 4d6 damage and 2" extra blast radius per extra inch of length.

Nukes double damage and blast radius per extra inch of length (so exponentially). Starts at 4d8 damage and 6" blast radius as base (one inch or less)
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Re: "Super-Sized" Brikspace Stat Dump

Postby Colette » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Posting this nice comprehensive chart of turrets from all across the BrikVerse. It reflects my own arbitrary decisions, but I encourage other people using the BrikSpace ruleset to use it as a handy reference.

Designed to classify many of the guns likely to come up in battles into the four BrikSpace categories, from left to right: Small guns, Medium guns, Large guns, and Mega guns.
Colette

Postby loafofcheese » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:42 am

Spinal lances and Fucking long railguns need their own categories.
DeltaV wrote:Caw caw motherfucker.
loafofcheese
Dimmy

Postby Battlegrinder » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 am

Could you upload an lfx for those guns?
"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:44 pm

You missed out my anti-matter projectors and missile launchers colette, which is a little odd because my older .lxf files had modular weapons and the ships had none equipped, so people could pick and choose their own layouts for LDD battles.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Colette » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:56 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:You missed out my anti-matter projectors and missile launchers colette, which is a little odd because my older .lxf files had modular weapons and the ships had none equipped, so people could pick and choose their own layouts for LDD battles.

Antimatter projectors have their own house rules (which are in the OP). I had house rules for larger antimatter projectors (like the ones on the Despot and Deity) buried somewhere for Paradise Found. The chart is only for conventional guns.

Missiles have a section in the original BrikSpace rules.

Also, a lot of the fuck-huge guns aren't included in the chart because they fall under Superweapon rules.
Colette

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:32 am

I have a suggestion, I'm not sure how well it will be received - but I'm going to put it out there anyway.

A new weapon class for things like antimatter projectors and other large weapons that are tactically larger than mega turrets, but smaller than super weapons.

I suggest the Hyper turret.

-“Antennae” turrets are small, with 1d6 damage and 5d6 accuracy
-Medium turrets are any other turret designs, that do not qualify as large. For example, I’ve decided to bump down the tri-barreled Praetorian turrets to medium. Claws and cones are typically indicative of this size. 2d6+2 damage and 4d6 accuracy
-Large turrets must be at least an inch. For example, I still maintain the typical double-barrel Scythian turret as large, as well as. 3d6 damage and 3d6 accuracy
-Mega-class turrets have 4d6 damage and 2d6 accuracy. Must be at least 2 inches.

-Hyper-class turrets have 5d6 damage and 1d6 accuracy. Must be at least 3 inches unless special rules apply.

In this aspect, we can cover all those wierd and wonderful guns that are pretty big without being superweapon big - and it makes everything else a little more lethal, which is what we all want. Because it's Brikwars.

Do you hate violence? What are you? A wuss?!

The Shadowscythe

Postby Maverick » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:35 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:
Do you hate violence? !

I'm a pacifist.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
Maverick
Diarrhoea Forever
Diarrhoea Forever

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:39 am

Maverick wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:
Do you hate violence? !

I'm a pacifist.

7 day ban for pacifism.

The Shadowscythe

Postby loafofcheese » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:01 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:
Maverick wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:
Do you hate violence? !

I'm a pacifist.

7 day ban for pacifism.

At least he didn't concur...
DeltaV wrote:Caw caw motherfucker.