the Haunted Wilds (Sign-up)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

the Haunted Wilds (Sign-up)

Post by Bragallot » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:28 pm

Just as Queen Lara was preparing to attack the Falx lands, more and more reports of aggressive invaders calling themselves the Draklon Raiders were coming in. The Queen split the Roaming Knights from her army and they seemed to get the situation under control, but mere days after Queen Lara departed more and larger groups of raiders started showing up.

Aware of how vulnerable the Kingdom was with so much of its armies gone, Knight-Marshal Cales, now governor of the region that was formerly the Empire of Westeron (consisting of most of the Eastern borderlands of the Kingdom), gathered an army with the intention of putting an end to these raiders before their numbers became too great. The Bulls, though thinned out from years of war, were unwilling to appear weak in front of their former enemy, so they scraped together what remained of their forces and joined him on the battlefield when he called on them. The Draklon raiders evaded the joint force for the first few weeks, but now, on the edge of the Haunted Wilds, finally turned to fight.

The Draklon army is only a rearguard. From the looks of it, it seems they are intent on slowing down their enemies long enough so the rest of their army can escape rather than achieve total victory.

The right flank is held by an infantry squad led by a slayer and two dragon-mounted slayers.

Crossbowmen, a champion and chariots hold the center, while a group of infantry, a couple of halberdiers and two more slayers form up the left flank. They've taken up positions in the forest and hope to keep them.

They are faced directly with the Bull legion, where Marshal Marnix leads a phalanx formation that spans the entire line from the front, aided by his heavies and a general.

The Draklon raiders hastily prepared some small obstacles, but it's nothing the Bulls can't handle, on the contrary.

On the right flank an elite squad, armed with firehammers, is also coming in.

The center has a catapult with two operators and the Bull banner perched atop it, flanked by crossbowmen. A minotaur has also recently joined the army.

On the right flank we also find the icons and a crazed shaman. These no longer worship the Bull God, but they have found the strength within themselves to retain control over their magic.

From the West Cales' troops are coming in. He's recently been expanding his forces greatly, stating that it is necessary now that Queen Lara has taken so many forces on a crusade. A river blocks half of his forces' advance, but it's shallow enough to get across without help (it does take full movement to cross).

The right flank has a spear squad and a sword squad, both with an officer. There's also two Sakers with operators, a captain and Cales himself, proudly flying a new banner to represent his army.

The bulk of the force is approaching North of the river. There's a ribault with an operator, three squads of Urban Guards (spears, swords, crossbows), two bodyguards and two elite knights.

Overviews

Factions:

Bulls - Warhead
Imperials - Scratch
Draklon raiders - me

You can send orders as soon as I've sent you faction information. There are no secret factions. Not even secret secret factions.
Last edited by Bragallot on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Scratch
Reihawk

Re: the Haunted Wilds (Sign-up)

Post by Scratch » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:54 pm

I'll take the imperials, please.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Bragallot

Re: the Haunted Wilds (Sign-up)

Post by Bragallot » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:58 am

Okay, I'll be the Drakhirri then. Since turn order is decided by the order of PM's and I'm obviously not going to send myself PM's, they'll go 3d on the 1st round, 2nd on the 2nd round and 1st on the 3d round, and so on.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: the Haunted Wilds (Sign-up) Send your orders

Post by Zupponn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:16 pm

Is Voytek in this battle?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:50 pm

Voytek is with the army that's marching on Phineus' Black Citadel. Um, that battle will probably need a little more preparation :) The fig itself is in the battle but I switched out his helmet and right now it serves as a regular crossbowman. But rest assured, Voytek will return 8)
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:22 pm

That's what I needed to hear. Go Bulls!