The official LOOT topic

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde, ikensall

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby dilanski » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:I always thought it was the Welsh that were known for sheep shagging, but someone else told me it was the Scottish


The UK is basically composed the completely normal English in the centre, then as you move outwards it gets progressively worse. Scotland is a bit further out than Wales is from central England, so they have it worse off, while sheep shagging in Ireland and the channel islands is worse still. The Overseas Territories seem to be immune on the basis that even though they are barely more hospitable than Russia, they pass the time with the imminent threat of Invasion from Argentina, Spain and other countries who haven't discovered how to work a proper expeditionary force.

But really Welsh, Scottish, Irish. They all like their raw mutton. (This post is completely unbiased)
Image
User avatar
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
 
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:41 am
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:13 am

dilanski wrote:
Kastrenzo wrote:I always thought it was the Welsh that were known for sheep shagging, but someone else told me it was the Scottish


The UK is basically composed the completely normal English in the centre, then as you move outwards it gets progressively worse. Scotland is a bit further out than Wales is from central England, so they have it worse off, while sheep shagging in Ireland and the channel islands is worse still. The Overseas Territories seem to be immune on the basis that even though they are barely more hospitable than Russia, they pass the time with the imminent threat of Invasion from Argentina, Spain and other countries who haven't discovered how to work a proper expeditionary force.

But really Welsh, Scottish, Irish. They all like their raw mutton. (This post is completely unbiased)


Well its a good job that I am from England and I only moved to wales for my university degree then, isn't it?
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show
Image

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.


Image

Brikchat wrote:<Guest6854>: screw you, theres an elder god out there with a colette body pillow


Image
User avatar
The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
 
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby stubby » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:40 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:Well its a good job that I am from England and I only moved to wales for my university degree then, isn't it?

Right. It means you came to sheepfucking by choice, not just because it was the culture you were raised in.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4303
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:39 am

stubby wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:Well its a good job that I am from England and I only moved to wales for my university degree then, isn't it?

Right. It means you came to sheepfucking by choice, not just because it was the culture you were raised in.


I uuuuh -

- uuuuh -

. . .  

. . . fuck.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show
Image

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.


Image

Brikchat wrote:<Guest6854>: screw you, theres an elder god out there with a colette body pillow


Image
User avatar
The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
 
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Apollyon » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:44 pm

Image

Got this for a project i have in mind involving some of my friends and their birthday present for me from earlier this year.
So mainly for the minifigs and parts. A bit expensive but... well whatever. Only i am a bit bummed that the parts that
looked so yellow on the box turned out to be golden/orange, duh.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
User avatar
Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...
 
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 am
Location: I am in Berlin bitch!

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby stubby » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:19 pm

What the hell? You bought this set for the bricks? Those are just ornamentation to help sell what's important: the exquisite ten-piece collection of eight original paintings on genuine LEGO-brand flimsy cardstock!

Image
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4303
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Silverdream » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Looks like Phil Foglio artwork.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 5815
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Insert_blank » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Aren't a lot of these sets made with the crappy Chinese plastic?
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image
User avatar
Insert_blank
おたく
おたく
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Hamburglar Boys Gang 2016

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Apollyon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:26 am

stubby wrote:What the hell? You bought this set for the bricks? Those are just ornamentation to help sell what's important: the exquisite ten-piece collection of eight original paintings on genuine LEGO-brand flimsy cardstock!

Image


I am tempted to open the polybags to take a look at the other 6 original paintings you mentioned but that will dramatically diminish their value in coming years, right?
Somewhere i have got a pack of Ninjago cards as well.

Actually, if i ever come around to creating my own statcards for Brikwars i already have some perfectly sized cardboard pieces to glue them on. :-)
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
User avatar
Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...
 
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 am
Location: I am in Berlin bitch!

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Zupponn » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:40 am

Picked this up the other day:
Image

I mainly got it for the some of the parts in it, but I decided to build it just to try it out and came away with mixed feelings.  First, I hate how the treads move around and get stuck on the rest of the vehicle, making driving it difficult.  I guess the intention was to have the spikes on the treads attack enemies, but it totally doesn't work as intended.  The vehicle was fun to put together though, so it's not completely bad.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product
 
Posts: 4828
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Insert_blank » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:15 pm

If you bought it for parts why did you apply the stickers? :???:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image
User avatar
Insert_blank
おたく
おたく
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Hamburglar Boys Gang 2016

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Gungnir » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Just got this.
Image
Overall, it's a nice set. It's got a pretty cool sliding door on it. Though, there were a lot of stickers. I wouldn't have minded if they were printed, because the patterns actually look pretty cool.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.
User avatar
Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 987
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:01 am

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Captain Rook » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:23 am

Zupponn wrote:Picked this up the other day:
Image

I mainly got it for the some of the parts in it, but I decided to build it just to try it out and came away with mixed feelings.  First, I hate how the treads move around and get stuck on the rest of the vehicle, making driving it difficult.  I guess the intention was to have the spikes on the treads attack enemies, but it totally doesn't work as intended.  The vehicle was fun to put together though, so it's not completely bad.


I love the crocodiles so I bought that. Then a friend got me one as a b-day present. Like you said, parts only.
Dickbutt
User avatar
Captain Rook
Champion
Champion
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:11 am

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Zupponn » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:36 am

Insert_blank wrote:If you bought it for parts why did you apply the stickers? :???:

It's not my pic, just grabbed the first one I found off of google.

Also, I've seen a display of the big Crocodile boat, and it's completely awesome looking.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product
 
Posts: 4828
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Insert_blank wrote:If you bought it for parts why did you apply the stickers? :???:


I pretty much always put the stickers on out of habit.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 5306
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests