Sky Ruler (LDD RPG)

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Re: Sky Ruler (LDD RPG)

Post by Tzan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:57 am

I've seen a lot of maps.
I even made some.
This looks pretty good.

My only comment.

6. Lake Mathos drains in 2 different directions / oceans. Its unlikely this could ever happen in nature.
It could happen with a minimade canal.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Awesome map, may I ask what program you used to make it?
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:05 pm

It is possible for a lake to drain in two locations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifurcation_lake

But you are right, it is very rare for that to happen in nature, so I'll make the change.

The program I used is called Campaign Cartographer 3.
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:28 pm

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 am

Here are two back stories for some of the factions.

The Kingdom of Leorsia

King, country and home. These three will a knight of the realm place above all else.
-Jacob Threstel
Royal Chronicler

The Kingdom of Leorsia is an adolescent when compared to the long histories of the other lands of Calendri. It was once the northern frontier of the great Royandor Empire, and served as a bulwark against the Dar'Duatha when they still inhabited the shores of the mainland. Shortly after the first Expansion of Rend, and the defeat of the dark kingdom that followed shortly there after, Leorsia was granted independence. No longer needing to seek approval from the Royandor Emperor, the Leorsians were free to pursue a course they felt would best determine the longevity of their land. To the Dar'Duatha still remaining on the mainland they gave a choice assimilate or face extinction. The murder of the new king, Aelfric, was the answer a Dar'Duathan assassin gave Leorsia. The struggle that followed was long, bloody, but not fruitless. The Dar'Duathans were driven from the mainland and relations between the two kingdoms have remained strained ever since.

Like the people of Myrindol, the Leorsians still maintain the same cultural identity as old Royandor, but many local customs are now strictly Leorsian. Many a knight have left the gates of Tyne in pursuit of the Golden City, the ancient capital of Royandor, but none have ever been successful in discovering it's location. If the ancient empire were to be restored, however, it is not certain whether the Leorsian king, Calfric II would give up his throne and become subject to the emperor. For now, the Leorsians are content to trade with Myrindol, fight in Dar'Duatha, and fend off the forest men to the north.

The people of Leorsia believe their way of life to be far superior to the other cultures of Calendri. They place education, wit and bravery above other personality traits and tend to be an out-going society. In war, they prefer the conflict to end quickly and will employ direct tactics to pound the enemy into submission. A fully armored knight astride a charger is the symbol of the Leorsian army and their cavalry is renown throughout the world for its effectiveness.

Allies: Myrindol
Enemies: Dar'Duatha, Rend, Gorash

Favored weapons: Sword, Shield, Crossbow, Spear, Halberd, Lance

Cities: Tyne, Candlewood, Milton, Camberton, Brende, Crandall, Lindfield
Last edited by Semaj Nagirrac on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 am

Wuldenburg

"Steel and honor! Victory to us all!"
-A Battle Cry of Wuldenburg

On the northern tip of the mainland is a frozen waste. The region was settled long ago by north men who eventually separated themselves from the homeland and split into three clans. The first was known as the Wolf Clan. They settled wolf island and became well known for their archers and thieves. It is said that a Wolf Clansmen is able to slip into areas as secure as the Genji Emperor's palace without being detected. The second called themselves the Bull Clan, so named because of their agricultural expertise and the terrific charges they made in battle. Their wars with the Wolves seemed endless at the time. Third was the Dragon Clan. Some believe they were descendants of Dar'Duathan settlers, but whatever their origins were, they were well known as dragon riders and struck fear into the hearts of the other clans. Eventually, the Wolves and Bulls united against the Dragon Clan and defeated them on the shores of Lake Fulgrom. Dragon Clansmen still exist, but it seems for the time being that they will never regain their former glory.

The current king of Wuldenburg wears two crowns. One of the Wolves and the other for the Bulls, therefore he is known as the King of Two Lands. Wuldenburg is well known for its warlike nature and the fine weapons made within its borders. Due to much of their land being surrounded by the seas, they are also known as excellent sailors. Many pirates that stalk the waves sail from ports in Wuldenburg, and many of them carry letters of marque from the King of Two Lands. Being isolated from the rest of the mainland has given Wuldenburg an opportunity to build itself up without having to deal with the wars that are common in the rest of the world. The only true enemy Wuldenburg has ever faced is Kii'Enthdol, but the Dark Mountain lays far from the borders of the kingdom, and rumors abound of the Dark Elves that live there have all but disappeared from the world.

For now, Wuldenburg is experiencing a rare moment of peace, except for the occasional raid from the north men and the men of the woodlands. Adventurers from Wuldenburg generally go out into the world in search of fame and riches. They are wary of strangers at first, but once a bond has been made it is not easily broken.

Allies: None
Enemies: Forest Men, Kii'Enthdol

Favored Weapons: Axes, Bows, Halberds

Cities: Jodelheim, Wulfen, Freezehold, Howlden, Kalthausen, Castle Brecken

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Sorry for the delay. Still waiting for all the decorations to come out in the new update. I'm also trying to learn how to add custom decorations to LDD as well so I can show everyone else how to do it. I think it will make Skyruler more fun if we can further customize the people and digital vignettes that we'll make.

Thanks for your patience.

redBeardDwarf
Battlefield General

Post by redBeardDwarf » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Man, this LDD forum is raw but the wait takes forever. But its worth the wait, and does anyone know of some other 'newer' forums?
Spoiler
Show
War is never FAIR when I'm there

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:51 pm

redBeardDwarf wrote:Man, this LDD forum is raw but the wait takes forever. But its worth the wait, and does anyone know of some other 'newer' forums?
There's Marblecake and Advice under General Discussion. The New People Start Here is the newest stand-alone forum.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Anyone interested in starting this up again? If so...

My name is Falir Avabuul. I am a Warden of Eth'Driel, fairest of all kingdoms in Calendri.

...The world is dark...

Two centuries ago, Alicor, last of the Sky Rulers, put forth a quest to find a successor to his throne.

However, due to his hastiness, the Sky Ruler was removed from the world and ascended to the calls of the powers beyond. An heir was never found and the Cloud Throne was left empty.

Since then, a darkness has crept over the land. The hearts of men have become greedy. Wars are fought constantly with little gained. The Night Lord of Rend has regained his power and threatens to destroy Calendri once again.

Although wars and terrible atrocities have plagued the lands south and west of Eth'Driel, I felt pulled northward to the Shadow Lands. T'is a quiet, lonely part of the world that has little to do with current affairs. The Dark Elves, my distant brethren, once roamed these lands, but after the departure of the last Sky Ruler, not a soul has heard of their evil tidings. There are rumors that they all perished fighting among themselves deep within the earth.

As I roamed the Shadow Lands, I was ambushed by a group of men. They bore no crest upon their tunics. At first I feared they were agents of the Night Lord, but it soon became apparent that they were not aligned to the dark master of Rend.

Although they were no agents of Rend, they should have known better than to contend with a Warden of Eth'Driel. I prepared to defend myself when suddenly...

... A power much older than my own broke through the my defense!

I lay helpless on the ground as the shrouded figure approached me.

"Foolish elf. You shall make a worthy sacrifice to our master."

I am now in bondage to these men. I know not who they serve, but that they are willing to cut out my heart to please their master. If there are any that can hear my thoughts, please rescue me. My own power is not enough to match theirs.

Meanwhile in Brimbattle, capitol of Eth'Driel...

"My lady, you summoned me."

"T'is dire news, captain. Falir has been captured and I fear he will be slain. Gather what heroes you can and rush to his aid!"

Are there any heroes brave enough to rescue Falir Avabuul from these men? If so, post your character and their equipment below. This is a fantasy RPG, so no high technology. The most advanced we'll get is with fireworks. Try to use simple weapons and armor (if you even have any) and no complex magic (yet).

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:47 am

The world of Calendri

Download the map:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxj4rpv8d29nsdn/Calendri.JPG

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:51 pm

I'd be down for a new adventure, but instead of being part of the party, I'd rather be the random guy (Hammerman) who shows up to help at some point.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:28 am

Marko Hund, Hedge Knight

Marko Hund was trained at a young age to serve as a knight. As he grew, he began to fight as a mercenary. He faced certain death several times, only to luckily survive his encounters with Northmen. One day he heard of a woman, who had magical powers. He sought her out because he wanted to become a great and proper knight by having better skills on the battlefield. Instead, the witch placed a curse on him. When his blood is spilled, he becomes a wolfman, and tears apart his enemies on the battlefield with superior strength and speed. His ravenous displays disgusted both his comrades and the countryside. Forced to run away, he seeks to remove his curse and become a knight once again.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:35 pm

"Welcome, Marko Hund, to Brimbatel. You may rest easy while we await the others. Your curse is contained while in this sacred place."

Marko Hund has come forth to expel the shadows from Calendri. Who else will join?
_______________________________________________________________________________________
A little background on the kingdoms of Calendri:

Northlands: A wild, frozen frontier. Home to the North men. It's warriors are legendary.
Real world cultural equivalent: Norsemen of the Viking Age.

Wuldenburg A cold, snowy land. Home to the Wolf and Bull Clans. The Dragon Clan once held power, but was defeated in a civil war. It's people are descended from the North men.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval Southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Bohemia.

Falcren An isolated kingdom far to the west. It's people are descended from the North men. Arcane knowledge is widely sought after.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval Northern Germany, Denmark, Frisia, Netherlands.

Dar'Duatha A heavily forested island west of the mainland. It's people once covered most of the world.
Real world cultural equivalent: Celtic Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

The Woodlands A thick forest spanning most of central Calendri. Home to the Forestmen, a wild, free people known to defend themselves from Wuldenburg and Leorsia.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval England and Wales.

Leorsia A young kingdom, once part of the Royander Empire. Laws prohibiting magic are strictly enforced.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval England.

Myrindol Once part of the Royander Empire. Always on the defensive, Myrindol is often attacked by Seltania and the Orcs of Gorash.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval Northern France, Belgium, Netherlands, England.

Seltania A rich, powerful kingdom bent on conquering the world. Allied to the Night Lord of Rend.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval Spain, Southern France, Northern Italy, Portugal.

Eth'Driel The last Elvish kingdom in the world. Eth'Driel is a haven of wisdom, knowledge, magic and healing.
Real world fictional equivalent: Tolkien's Elvish culture.

Karak Benur A confederation of Dwarven city-states. Dwarven copper is ranked among the strongest metals in the land.
Real world fictional equivalent: Tolkien's Dwarfish culture

Gorash A mountainous region home to many orc and goblin tribes. Chieftains rarely hold power for more than a few years. Allied to the Night Lord of Rend.
Real world fictional equivalent: Tolkien's orc and goblin culture of the Misty Mountains.

Hatumid Caliphate Fertile coastal regions in the east contrast greatly with the western desert. Caliphs are more of a figurehead for the common culture of the independent desert tribes and cities.
Real world cultural equivalent: Ayyubid Egypt, Mesopotamia, Arabia.

Kingdom of Champurra A tropical land. It's wealth is greater than almost all of the other kingdoms combined.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval Northern India

Yatsu Shogunate An isolated military dictatorship at war with the Genji Emperor. It's warriors are legendary.
Real world cultural equivalent: Northern 16th Century Japan.

Genji Empire An isolated empire at war with the Yatsu Shogunate. It has expanded across the sea to new lands.
Real world cultural equivalent: Southern 16th Century Japan

Greater and Lesser Timpanogas Lush forests in the north, fertile plains in the south. Home to the Timpanog tribes, a primitive people with some of the most adaptable warriors in the world.
Real world cultural equivalent: Pre-Columbian Iroquois Confederacy, Cherokee Nation, Huron Tribes, Dakota Tribes, Cheyenne Tribes.

Kenotilan A wild, tropical land. Many lakes and rivers make this the most humid land in the world. The people of this land make their weapons and tools out of an enchanted obsidian. Foreigners rarely travel here.
Real world cultural equivalent: Pre-Columbian Aztec and Mayan Empire

Kii'Enthdol A subterranean kingdom of the Dark Elves. Once known to raid and capture Elves, Forestmen, Leorsians and Wuldenburgians, the city-state now lays silent, though none dare to tread near that realm.
Real world fictional equivalent: Dark Elf culture of Dungeons and Dragons.

Rend Realm of the Night Lord. The land is covered in a perpetual shadow and the dead walk among the living. Near impossible to infiltrate without the Night Lord knowing.
Real world fictional equivalent: Tolkien's Mordor and Angband.

The Elder Isles An isolated group of islands in the Torn Sea. A great kingdom once ruled a large part of Calendri from the isles until the volcanoes of Rend rose from the depths of the earth. None, not even the Elves, travel this region.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Since only two people are interested, I'll leave this open for two more days. If no one else joins, then we can can close this thread for good. I guess it's not as popular as I thought it would be.