Favorite Scenarios?

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Grey Pennies
Champion
Champion

Re: Favorite Scenarios?

Post by Grey Pennies » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:55 pm

You'll have to figure out where I live first. I'll be waiting with my shotgun.
You have the right to agree with me on any and all points. If you give up this right, anything you say can and most likely will be ignored in whole or in part.

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Grey Pennies wrote:You'll have to figure out where I live first. I'll be waiting with my shotgun.
Playing with little kids but threatening me with a shotgun?

Either you're quite a dude or a redneck teenager

edit-no offense to redneck teenagers and cool dudes you can be both

Grey Pennies
Champion
Champion

Post by Grey Pennies » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:11 pm

I happen to be both.

I also have another idea, again involving the pesky neutral third party for purposes of secret keeping. A hidden marker of some kind is present on the field... when someone finds it, that person's entire team become Heros. A race to find a secret, while still allowing for plastic ass-kicking during and afterwards.
You have the right to agree with me on any and all points. If you give up this right, anything you say can and most likely will be ignored in whole or in part.

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Grey Pennies wrote:I happen to be both.

I also have another idea, again involving the pesky neutral third party for purposes of secret keeping. A hidden marker of some kind is present on the field... when someone finds it, that person's entire team become Heros. A race to find a secret, while still allowing for plastic ass-kicking during and afterwards.
I think it's be more fun if the enemies units became heroes and your units merge into a mecha hero warrior

Grey Pennies
Champion
Champion

Post by Grey Pennies » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
Grey Pennies wrote:I happen to be both.

I think it's be more fun if the enemies units became heroes and your units merge into a mecha hero warrior
:byzero:

spartan117
Officer

Post by spartan117 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:49 pm

Me and my friends would do gladiator style battles a lot. Just get a buch of unique guys from all sorts of battles make a general battle field. And have them duke it out. Instead of having two teams we would also sometime do 5-6 teams of 5 or 6 dudes. All with a similar theim. Like the naked guys as one team. Vikings as another. A halo team. There would be one team each player is controlling as their team and then we would just distribute the other teams and try to get as much carnage going as possible. 'Twas quite fun

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:48 am

Today's secret ingredient is...
...HEADS!
Plastic Chefs... ALE CUISINE!
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:51 am

A completely arbitrary one I tend to use is the bar fight. The setup is: you each control one unarmed fig and they need to get something from the bar they're in. Of course, the bartender always has a shotgun behind the counter. Hilarity ensues.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:10 am

my favorite scenarios are when 1 of my infantry platoons has to survive against a horde of foes until amrored reinforcements arrive

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:19 am

I've always liked creating large(ish) battlefields, filling them with a bunch of different terrain types, buildings, etc, and distributing various gadgets and bonus items that are controlled by whoever owns a certain area.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:24 am

:necro:
stubby wrote:So far I've only had Mechanix up against relatively small piles of debris, where a building or vehicle had been destroyed, rather than in a large field of potential parts.
Junkyard War! Each player starts out with 5 mechanix and nothing else. The entire table is a junkyard full of misc. parts.
Simplicity with the potential for complexity.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:55 am

Gungnir wrote: Junkyard War! Each player starts out with 5 mechanix and nothing else. The entire table is a junkyard full of misc. parts.
Simplicity with the potential for complexity.
Yes, I need a game of this.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

bluebright
Officer

Post by bluebright » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:01 am

My friends and I have been playing with random objective cards that have all been assigned point values.

The blue are defense (you only get one of these), green are fetch quests and red are killing cards. You get 6 at the start of the game and the first team to get wiped out ends the game. Everyone counts up their points then.
Image Image Image

This has been a great way of playing, really stops the game getting dull around the 90 min mark.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:09 pm

bluebright wrote:My friends and I have been playing with random objective cards that have all been assigned point values.
What do you think about tweaking it a little and adding reveal powers? Like:
  • Protect the enemy Hero, 30pts

Reveal this card to add +1d6 to the Hero's Redshirt roll against a single attack. You may Redshirt one of your own units if necessary. Usable once only.
So you get a little boost to your goal, but now everyone knows what your quest is.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Sir Sporktimus
Minifig

Post by Sir Sporktimus » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:40 pm

A number of my battles have been set up in a way that objectives have to be achieved in order - for instance, get a key from one part of the map, unlock a chest containing the goal artifact on a different side of the map, and then bring it back to your base. Makes it so that the typical get-the-object-and-come-back scenarios don't just become a race between the fastest units on either team.
Tzan wrote:Violence is a renewable resource.
Natalya wrote:Overwatch died. Put this in your profile if you miss Overwatch.