Brikwars-related inside jokes and the stories behind them

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:48 am

I also like the whole "Angry Inch" thing. That's probably the biggest inside joke in the whole rulebook, aside from the Red Shirt rule.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:03 pm

Ha, my biggest inside joke is only one inch. I should try harder.

Regarding the Negaverse, it's also the dimension where Negaduck comes from. I assume they're all the same place, it seems like they'd all get along.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:14 am

LOL NEGADUCK

I forgot about that shit!! You win an internet!!

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:05 pm

NatalyaAF wrote:I also like the whole "Angry Inch" thing. That's probably the biggest inside joke in the whole rulebook, aside from the Red Shirt rule.
It was on cable last night, so in honor of somebody getting the joke we decided to watch it. Five minutes in, I said "Hey waitaminute! Where's Hugo Weaving?" It turns out all these years I've had it mixed up in my head with Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. How embarrassing.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:14 pm

Our new inside joke: the taquito. Every time someone mentions it, we burst into hysterical laughter.

It all started when my friend's little sister (like 6 years old) said "I burned my arm!" We said "are you ok, Katie?" And she said "Yeah.. I got burned by a Taquito." It was so bloody funny.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:41 am

we have similar things with: "one" and "woosh tadadada" wich are the sound effects of throwing a machine gun before shooting with it... (we never found out how he would do that)

also, the red and green cake, got a really nice place in our hearts.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 am

The following one is a bit crude.
"Can I have some of your milk speed?"

It stated when one of us had killed an owl for a mission and I spilled some yop (drinkable yogart) near it. So picture a a puddle of white liquid with an owl in it. The "Can I have some of your milk speed?" line came from here. So the owl is now named speed.

If you still don't get it, you are either not mature, or too mature depending on how you define "mature".
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 am

Rayhawk wrote:It turns out all these years I've had it mixed up in my head with Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. How embarrassing.
They're at least contextually similar. :|

Zahru
Officer

Post by Zahru » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:04 am

My personal favorite is when friend of mine fails at doing something and I ask if he had rolled 1 on skill...

Durandalski
Battlefield General

Post by Durandalski » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:44 am

Ooo, I got a good one. In our games with my sister, whenever a shot is a critical failure, it hits parchy the parrot. It started in a game where a colorful parrot was a piece of scenery. He was hit by a critical failure stray shot, and I swapped the parrot piece out for a gray crow piece which is identical except for color, to show the blackened carcass. Ever since then whenever a minifig rolls a critical failure, one of us is liable to pick up the 'blackened parrot' piece and drop it in front of the failing minifig while making a croaking 'parch' noise, the idea being that the minifig is such a bad shot he hit an overflying parrot instead of the target right in front of him. Hence parchy the parrot. :)

CreatioNZ
Hero

Post by CreatioNZ » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:05 pm

we just adopted a new inside joke...fleebnork

we managed to get about 10 of us saying fleebnork at different timings, tempos, volumes, so pretty much everyone saying it differently without any organisation...it just sorta happened....we looked like a mental asylm

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Mmm, asylms. Wasn't Dr. Walter Bishop in an asylm?

EDIT: Apparently, Aslym is an artist.

That's incredibly weird.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

CreatioNZ
Hero

Post by CreatioNZ » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:45 am

Blitzen wrote:Mmm, asylms. Wasn't Dr. Walter Bishop in an asylm?

EDIT: Apparently, Aslym is an artist.

That's incredibly weird.
sorry I forgot the u in asylum... I can't be stuffed getting a dictionary, thats the beauty of your english Piltogg ways (boy that sounds weird) to correct us

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:18 am

Well i have spell check, so i sound smart when i post stuff.

My brother and i have this thing we do for more comic relief, it started in our first battle. It's name is... Bob the dimmy. Bob the dimmy does the stupidest stuff possible on his turn, like trying to launch a RPG and having it blow up in his face. Thing is, he never dies. In our first battle, we had a hole squad of these guys. Their leader Bob summoned the god of darkness to blow up a tank and accidentally destroyed the game. Whoops.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Blitzen

Post by Blitzen » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:16 pm

AmmoMan wrote:Well i have spell check, so i sound smart when i post stuff.
Can I laugh now?
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.