Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Post by Gungnir » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:05 am

Kirillyos wrote:LEEEEEEEROOOOOOYYYYY JEEEEEENNNKIIIIIIINNNSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leeroy Jenkins died. But he died a hero to millions.
EDIT: Also, he had chicken.
Last edited by Gungnir on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Make all the rules up honestly that is what brikwars is about right. Having whatever the fuck you want happen
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:09 pm

60. Okay, so I don't quite recall if I read this somewhere or if it's just a hallucination in my shell-shocked post-war brain, but do launchers have a minimum range?

Something like "must fire out at least a number of inches equal to launcher size"?
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:31 pm

But that would be safe, and reasonable!

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Nope. Launchers can fire a rock straight up into the air to land on themselves. Especially as the result of a missed shot.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

SledgeHammer
Battlefield General

Post by SledgeHammer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:41 pm

61. If minifig A jumps off a tall structure, landing on minifig B, would minifig B die while minifig A walks away unscathed?
62. If lego Mr. Freeze or Sub-Zero freezes someone, what would happen? Would the frozen minifig be frozen until the end of the battle or until someone can unfreeze him?
63. Would a Nerf gun count as a giant orbital missile launcher?
64. Could I fudge some hand to hand combat rules for minifigs such as ninjas, senseis, etc?
Some people say you're a different person on the internet. I disagree.

I'm an asshole in real life too.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:20 am

SledgeHammer wrote:61. If minifig A jumps off a tall structure, landing on minifig B, would minifig B die while minifig A walks away unscathed?
62. If lego Mr. Freeze or Sub-Zero freezes someone, what would happen? Would the frozen minifig be frozen until the end of the battle or until someone can unfreeze him?
63. Would a Nerf gun count as a giant orbital missile launcher?
64. Could I fudge some hand to hand combat rules for minifigs such as ninjas, senseis, etc?
61. They both take the same amount of damage. Treat it like a charge. Also, the ground gets to roll POP against the falling fig as well.
62. It'll do "damage" similar to rough terrain, reducing a fig's movement.
63. Sure, why not?
64. See 63.

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:13 pm

65. Why do yellow minifigs and peach ones hate each other so much in BrikWars? Is it just plain ol' racism?

66. How would one go about making an Airburst Round or Flugzeugabwehrkanone (flak) weapon that whoots projectiles which explode in mid-air, rather than on impact necessarily? Like if I wanted to fire a few flak shells into a swarm of enemy rocketeers instead of targeting each one individually:

I know I could make a "smart bomb" that self-destructs by taking an explosive and paying the CP to give it a brain, but that seems needlessly convoluted. Is there a more streamlined way?

67. How does one adjudicate a hovercraft (an air-cushion vehicle designed to float over both water and relatively flat land)? It wouldn't fly around like an aircraft, obviously, but what's a good figure for the surface clearance? 1"? 2"? Barely above the surface?

68. How are transforming vehicles handled? Do they give up a round of movement or attack action to go from one form to another?
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:25 pm

65. Because of the master yellow race. Peaches are inferior.

66. I actually use these! Treat it as an explosive round. The only real difference is during a missed shot. Simply target a specific area and fire, whether or not it's actually aimed at a dude. If you fail the skill roll, the explosive blows up a number of inches away equal to how much the roll failed by. So, an airburst explosive with a UR of 5 will still explode 1" away from the target on a skill roll of 4, which still deals full damage. defender still gets to choose where, but it makes hitting aerial targets with splash damage a lot easier.

67. Depends on your hovercraft. I always assume they're floating just enough above the surface to not cause any rules problems. HINT HINT.

68. Transforming is an action.

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:35 pm

IVhorseman wrote:66. I actually use these! Treat it as an explosive round. The only real difference is during a missed shot. Simply target a specific area and fire, whether or not it's actually aimed at a dude. If you fail the skill roll, the explosive blows up a number of inches away equal to how much the roll failed by. So, an airburst explosive with a UR of 5 will still explode 1" away from the target on a skill roll of 4, which still deals full damage. defender still gets to choose where, but it makes hitting aerial targets with splash damage a lot easier.
That makes a lot of sense, thanks.
IVhorseman wrote:67. Depends on your hovercraft. I always assume they're floating just enough above the surface to not cause any rules problems. HINT HINT.
So no chance of a sneaky saboteur rolling under the air skirt to plant explosives?
IVhorseman wrote:68. Transforming is an action.
So like the equivalent of an attack for that round?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Of course you can roll under the hovercraft. Always assume hovercrafts are floating at the most convenient height.

Attacking, driving, transforming, operating equipment, and other similar tasks are all actions. Any minifig, whether operating a vehicle or not, always has one action. Pilots have an exception in the sense that they can drive as a free action.

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:08 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Of course you can roll under the hovercraft. Always assume hovercrafts are floating at the most convenient height.

Attacking, driving, transforming, operating equipment, and other similar tasks are all actions. Any minifig, whether operating a vehicle or not, always has one action. Pilots have an exception in the sense that they can drive as a free action.
Ahh, got it.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:53 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Attacking, driving, transforming, operating equipment, and other similar tasks are all actions. Any minifig, whether operating a vehicle or not, always has one action. Pilots have an exception in the sense that they can drive as a free action.
In the case of a robot with a mind, I'd say it's a regular action though.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:54 am

Unless you give it the piloting ability.

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:55 pm

69. Where did the term "Ker-Triage" come from?

70. Can SuperNatural dice be used to modify Specialty Functions? For example, can I use an SN die to extend the range on a Scout's tracking ability?

71. Speaking of the Scout's tracking ability, is it line of sight or "cone of detection" from the minifig's eyes or is it a "radius" of detection around the fig's head?

72. Am I correct in assuming that area SuperNatural effects are not selective? That is, if I have a radius of damage or a cone of blessing, it affects both friendlies and hostiles within the area of the effect?