Community Built Army

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:55 pm

i think the band members should just instantly bumped to hero status (and since they're in the same band, there's no heroic ego). or at least the singer/lead guitar needs to be a hero(s). the others can just be special units i suppose...

pilotogg has got some good ideas, but to clarify on a few things

-groupies don't carry equipment - roadies do. groupies solely live to be sexual objects. i'd say make em medix.

-parade raft is perfect. i'm suprised we didn't think of a mobile stage until now!

-just 8 fans? you better mean 8 squads. metal shows are huge, especially if it's Fjordhammer.

and dammit benny. that was amazing. i have to admit that i threw up the horns partway through that lego video. it also gives good examples of instruments (although the drumsticks were kindof lame).

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:14 pm

Healing sex FTW :P Yeah, Medik groupies are good... Lead guitar for the hero is good. What would the band's skill be like?
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:19 pm

i want to say 1d8, but if tobacoonist is lacking d8s, then 1d6+1 is fine too

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Well, d10 would be more appropriate, wouldn't it? I mean, they learned how to play instruments, and they must be really good if they have a lot of fans, right? But I think I'm the only one lacking in dice other than d6.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

Venom
Battlefield General

Well....

Post by Venom » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:16 pm

Assuming you are open to non band army related ideas....

I have some suggestions...

I use a black army... All of the warriors wear black, and dark grey....

And I use no guns...

All swords.... And the occasional chainsaw...

If you are going to make an army, make sure to have ninjas, if you desire...

Going through the extra time digging out that NinjaHood or topknot piece is always worth it, for a ninja...

Because we all know they don't exist, but pretending they did is cool....

Maybe they did exist, but maybe not....

Think about it...

:shock:
"Army or not.... You must realize, you are doomed...." ~General Grievous

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Does anyone know how to make a ninja without any ninja parts? Cause I don't. On a side note, I've been testing out a metal army, just to see what it's like, not saying that I've made my mind up though, but a group of heroes using a variation of the Chivalrous rule seems to work fine for the band. I'll post a list of what’s in the prototype army soon, just for suggestions sake.
If your gonna walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:50 pm

I've seen some pretty good alternate ninajs - a 2x2 radar dish makes a good cone hat, there are some kinds of rubber lego tires you can pull of their hubs to make great turbans, sith hoods are good for assassins, you can custom make stuff out of rubberbands or construction paper - there are lots of options. In the past I've even just stuck black switches on their heads and called them topknots.

Metal band members always get in fights with each other except when they're on stage performing, so some performance-specific variation of the chivalry rules would probably be the perfect way to go.

If they're GWAR of course, they not only get in fights while on stage but they actually kill each other (and plenty of fans) multiple times per performance.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:51 am

who ever is good with stats plz come up with some for the things I said before
also i realise a fans is not mutch but large armys aren't very fun and these are only the fans willing to die for their band.

Venom
Battlefield General

Personally...

Post by Venom » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:39 am

For my ninja, I improvise and put gasmasks on him, Kroenen style....

You can make your own by getting a pair of regular lego binoculars, and putting them in a regular racing helmet, then sticking them on a lego head.

Oh, and you may want to have something under the mask....

It becomes unstable and the binoculars fall out, without some small stabalization.
"Army or not.... You must realize, you are doomed...." ~General Grievous

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Part 2- Heroes and Creations

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:58 am

Okay, I know its 2 days early, but I will not have any internet access for a while, so I will just let this run while everything’s getting organized.
First order of business, my army choice. By massive popular demand, I will be making a metal army, maybe with some skeletons, a few Demomen thrown in and a minigun or two.
Next, we have part two of the CBA, Heroes and Creations, it's pretty much as the title says. For heroes it will stuff like names, special attacks/abilities, custom weapons, background fluff, appearance, type of ego, you know, stuff like that. Included stats would be greatly appreciated. For creations, this basically covers anything that isn't a minifig, stuff like: cars, jeeps, robots, bases, special weapons, T-Rexes, planes, snakes, snakes on planes, tanks, etc. Stats, vague ideas, sketches, photos, in-depth instructions are all welcome, but not required.
All entries must be in by the 30th of Jan
If your gonna walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

Captain Nomouth
Officer

Post by Captain Nomouth » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:38 pm

Well, as I said before, one of the heroes needs a trumpet.
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

ninkybob
Champion
Champion

Post by ninkybob » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:09 pm

Well, I have an army:

The 'Peacemakers'
Uniform: All old spacemen...dammit, forgot their name...had some 'tron' thing in it. Anyway, it's the one with black and th light gray respirator thingys, you know the ones.

Anyway: The Peacemakers are mercenaries that enjoy killing things and getting money. That's why their mercenaries. They 'make peace' by killing things, everything, and making battlefeilds nice, quite places.

And Futhermore: They usually use rifles in large infantry formations which die in obcene number just to coat the battlefield in blood to make the enemy slip. They also use whatever vehicles that I decide to build at the time, ranging from modified Gamuk-class battlesuits and Heavy Infantry squads to flying warcruisers and tanks.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:24 pm

If it's a metal army, rather than snakes on a plane, it should have skanks on a tank. Because groupies need war machines too.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:50 am

Introducing... FJORDHAMMER!

And check out the Battle Stage I made here
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:58 am

that is the most metal thing i have ever seen in my entire life.

it's just that pantsless drummer that gets me.