Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:25 am

Yeah but how often does armor and shielding actually get used? Either way, a big gun may seem like the better option, but by firing two smaller weapons you have a 1/3 chance for at least one of them to make a crit, and punching right through the armor.

If you ask me, 10% is a pretty significant difference. We're only comparing 1" weapons to 2" weapons. I'm too lazy to see if the math gets exacerbated when you go up to, say, a 3" gun and a 69" gun.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 5294
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby Battlegrinder » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:32 am

You can already do that with just multitasking. multidexterity lets you use more 2 limbs for actions.
User avatar
Battlegrinder
Dimmy
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 5:52 pm
Location: Quincy, Illinois

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:You can already do that with just multitasking. multidexterity lets you use more 2 limbs for actions.


Except you also need multi-dexterity to be able to use two 1" weapons in the same turn. Two melee weapons is okay, but ranged attacks have slightly stricter rules.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 5294
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:32 pm

I feel like that's implied already, no?
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 5294
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby stubby » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:02 pm

I should really just combine multidexterity and multitasking into a single item, it's dumb to have two.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby stubby » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:44 pm

Because it's unbalancing for a minifig to fire two hand-held guns, and the rule scales upwards.

Hands are a big advantage. The ability to pick up, use, and drop any piece of equipment you come across in the middle of combat is a big deal. The cost of that flexibility is that it's a lot more system- and processor-intensive compared to a set of cannons hardpointed into each arm.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby Duerer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:51 pm

stubby wrote:Because it's unbalancing for a minifig to fire two hand-held guns, and the rule scales upwards.

Hands are a big advantage. The ability to pick up, use, and drop any piece of equipment you come across in the middle of combat is a big deal. The cost of that flexibility is that it's a lot more system- and processor-intensive compared to a set of cannons hardpointed into each arm.


And what about weapon, that are actually built in/on the arm/hand?
User avatar
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016
 
Posts: 2297
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Germany, NRW (aka Eye of Terror)

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby stubby » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:22 pm

If they're built-in, then they don't count as hand-held, even if what they're built into is one of the hands. It's only hand-held if you can pick it up and put it down.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby stubby » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:21 am

Sure. And when I get around to combining multitasking and multidexterity it'll all be the same thing in any case. Probably still called Multitasking.

Specialty: Multitasking: +(Size) CP. the unit has one additional Action, and can make one additional ranged attack or employ two additional weapons in Close Combat, if it has enough hands to do so.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby ikensall » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:26 pm

stubby wrote:Specialty: Multitasking: +(Size) CP. the unit has one additional Action, and can make one additional ranged attack or employ two additional weapons in Close Combat, if it has enough hands to do so. Female minifgs acquire multitasking as standard, free of charge.

:ftfy:
It's hardly OP given the gender disparity in the lego fig population.
User avatar
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:09 am
Location: England

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby ImeantToDoThat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:36 am

so, question, if i have a tank, with two size 69 guns, in this tank i have two gunners a pilot and an officer, now after firing the first size 69 gun, using one gunner and the other on gunnery support, can i then do the same thing with the other size 69 gun.
assume that the tank has enough power
TROLOLO
ImeantToDoThat
God of BrikWars
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby dilanski » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:34 pm

ImeantToDoThat wrote:so, question, if i have a tank, with two size 69 guns, in this tank i have two gunners a pilot and an officer, now after firing the first size 69 gun, using one gunner and the other on gunnery support, can i then do the same thing with the other size 69 gun.
assume that the tank has enough power


You would need to use either the driver or the officer to make the attack as the gunners have both spent their actions.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
User avatar
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:41 am
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & FUCK THE DUP

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby stubby » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:41 pm

ikensall wrote:
stubby wrote:Specialty: Multitasking: +(Size) CP. the unit has one additional Action, and can make one additional ranged attack or employ two additional weapons in Close Combat, if it has enough hands to do so. Female minifgs acquire multitasking as standard, free of charge.

:ftfy:
It's hardly OP given the gender disparity in the lego fig population.

Balanced by Specialty: Matilda Effect: +0.76 CP. Anything they succeed at, male minifigs get the credit.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby Captain-Camper » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Ha pretty funny
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
User avatar
Captain-Camper
seriously?
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:17 am
Location: Here and There Along the Echo

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Postby DatGuy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:19 pm

Here's how I ran a gunslinger spacesuit apocalyptic survivor, the very first time I played Brikwars: You attack twice, the same target, but at -1 to hit for both, due to the unsteadiness that firing one handed would provide. Maybe scale it up by -1 each consecutive turn you dual-wield?
You are like a man who fires gunshots at the barn, then paints a target around the biggest cluster of hits and claims to be a sharpshooter.
TROLOLO
DatGuy
Champion
Champion
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:28 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Rulebook

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest