Guided missiles?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Re: Guided missiles?

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:17 am

Battering ram on a giant missile works fine. You don't even need to spend a d12 to make it armor-piercing! Just add another d6 and it'll get negated by the armor, allowing the rest of the damage to plow right in. Cheaper CP-wise for the exact same effect.

Jokes on you if you toss grenades into a cockpit or control room - you're gonna fry the controls and turn the tank into an ugly building instead.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Battlegrinder » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:40 am

IVhorseman wrote:Jokes on you if you toss grenades into a cockpit or control room - you're gonna fry the controls and turn the tank into an ugly building instead.

That's why we both included mechaniks in our strike team, though if they don't make it, slagging the controls and denying the vehicle's use to both sides is probably still worth the cost of building a small squad to take it down.
"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Voin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:That's why we both included mechaniks in our strike team, though if they don't make it, slagging the controls and denying the vehicle's use to both sides is probably still worth the cost of building a small squad to take it down.

Don't forget that Mechanix can also disassemble structures, including outer plating. I'd just build a pod that can latch on to the target vehicle, allowing the Mechanik to take his Disassembly action unmolested (unless the pod gets breached). Then his buddies in the pod can join him in boarding the vehicle.

Voin
Cannon Fodder

Postby stubby » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:31 am

I'm unconvinced by any of these arguments until you've put your ideas into a battle and provided photos of the results.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Voin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:27 am

stubby wrote:I'm unconvinced by any of these arguments until you've put your ideas into a battle and provided photos of the results.

Arguments? I thought we were just bouncing ideas off each other. Either way, once my designs are sufficiently field-tested and documented, I'll be happy to shamelessly self-promote them.
Voin
Cannon Fodder

Postby Battlegrinder » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:33 am

stubby wrote:I'm unconvinced by any of these arguments until you've put your ideas into a battle and provided photos of the results.

I'm hoping to get a few field tests done over thanksgiving break.
"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Previous

Return to The Rulebook