Discussion of Edgy Deconstructions

Look at all those prestiges

Moderators: Silverdream, goldeennightmare, silvadream

Re: Anime

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Silverdream wrote:Holy fuck, just watched the incest vampire trap episodes. That was so fucked up and entertaining at the same time. I really regret eating food while watching though.

If you guys like this shit, you guys should watch Oldboy.

Oldboy is a great movie you guys should watch it
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Silverdream » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Re: Black Lagoon

Just finished it. Balalaika is my official best girl now, she makes Olivia Mira Armstrong look like Izumi Sakurai. My theory is that her real parents are Hanako and Lilly from Katawa shoujo.

Image+Image=Image

It helps that Kenji said she was in the Russian mafia. Also I think I'm going to watch one of the shows that Insert_Blank reccomended, since I've watched three that mgb reccomended and one that Overwatch reccomended. Probably Gatchaman crowds because it's only 12 episodes.

Re: Samurai Flamenco

Spoiler: show

What the fuck Flamenco Girl? Seriously.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Insert_blank » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:52 am

Crowds was upsetting but it's getting a second season. This is good because it was only the ending that was upsetting. If all is explained then I'll be good. Also if you like action stay far away. I still think Aku no Hana was great, none of the other stuff I'm watching this season has been as good.

Also Monogatari series is pretty good. I think you guys will enjoy it. Series 2 is nearing the end of its run and season 1 and an OVA are already out with a prequel movie to eventually follow.
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Douse yourself in water and repent.
Insert_blank
I like how the floor looks covered in blood

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:30 am

silverdream's signature and my sister have inspired me to watch kill la kill

i love it so much
Overwatch_Elite

Postby Silverdream » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:15 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:silverdream's signature and my sister have inspired me to watch kill la kill

i love it so much

You are in for a good time.

Also is anyone else watching Samurai Flamenco?

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby mgb519 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Anyone NOT watching Samurai Flamenco?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Well just in case:

so it's not a dream sequence, and everything seems too real for it to be a TV show. Still, I'm not totally sure if I like this change of pace.

Also I finally got an anime list. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Silvadream It's for nearly everything I remember watching, aside from Pokemon and Dragon Ball.

Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Scribonius » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Just started watching Kill La Kill the other night. That is a weird show...
Scribonius
Officer

Postby Colette » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:52 pm

I tried to see what all this commotion about Kill la Kill was about and now I have to ask, why does the main character have to wear such an objectionable costume? This is the same reason my expedition into Gurren-Lagann land died.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Silverdream » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Colette wrote:I tried to see what all this commotion about Kill la Kill was about and now I have to ask, why does the main character have to wear such an objectionable costume? This is the same reason my expedition into Gurren-Lagann land died.

Well there are several different theories (although none have been confirmed):

-Sex sells.

-The show is a metaphor for femininity in the same way Gurren Lagann is about masculinity, and it's about how society puts pressure on women. The Kamui (the really tiny outfit) she wears gives her a lot of power and increases her strength, but she also feels a ton of shame the first few times she puts it on because of all the men ogling her. Also note that the kamui needs blood to be activated, just like puberty for girls starts with the period. There's also the fact that in episode 10, they literally try to put her through a mold of a perfect citizen and attempt to shame Ryuuko about the way she dresses. Here is the link to a better presented version of this argument.

-The people who work Trigger and Gainax are a bunch of perverts who like to see their female heroines mostly naked or doing a pantsu.

Scribonius wrote:Just started watching Kill La Kill the other night. That is a weird show...

It gets weirder.

Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:14 am

Colette wrote:I tried to see what all this commotion about Kill la Kill was about and now I have to ask, why does the main character have to wear such an objectionable costume? This is the same reason my expedition into Gurren-Lagann land died.

Are you seriously going to dump a show because you don't like a character wearing skimpy clothes

really dude

i had no respect when i first met you but now i have less if thats even possible
Overwatch_Elite

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:30 am

also silverdream that whole argument is a bunch of feminists and whiteknights pulling shit out of their ass
Overwatch_Elite

Postby Colette » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:

Are you seriously going to dump a show because you don't like a character wearing skimpy clothes

really dude

i had no respect when i first met you but now i have less if thats even possible

Ordinarily one doesn't judge a book by its cover, but I'd say its fair game in a visual media since I'm about to invest a few hours watching said characters and visuals do stuff.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette

Postby Silverdream » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:also silverdream that whole argument is a bunch of feminists and whiteknights pulling shit out of their ass

So just like you then? Did you wrote this right b4 ( before) finding out a toys-r--us shoppin spree sponsored by nickeleoden circa 1994 doesn't count as employment?

It makes too much sense for it not to be true.

Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:also silverdream that whole argument is a bunch of feminists and whiteknights pulling shit out of their ass

So just like you then? Did you wrote this right b4 ( before) finding out a toys-r--us shoppin spree sponsored by nickeleoden circa 1994 doesn't count as employment?

It makes too much sense for it not to be true.

i don't understand anything in this sentence
silva you're destroying me
Overwatch_Elite

PreviousNext

Return to The Silvawards and Anime