Japanese Cartoons

Weaboo うんこ is over. Now it's all magical girls all the time

Moderators: Natalya, Colette, Silverdream, Insert_blank

Re: Anime

Postby Scribonius » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Just started watching Kill La Kill the other night. That is a weird show...
User avatar
Scribonius
Officer
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:29 pm
Location: Wandering through Mirial's Rock...

Re: Anime

Postby Colette » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:52 pm

I tried to see what all this commotion about Kill la Kill was about and now I have to ask, why does the main character have to wear such an objectionable costume? This is the same reason my expedition into Gurren-Lagann land died.
Spoiler: show
Image

Image
Because everything's better with math.
User avatar
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Anime

Postby Silverdream » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Colette wrote:I tried to see what all this commotion about Kill la Kill was about and now I have to ask, why does the main character have to wear such an objectionable costume? This is the same reason my expedition into Gurren-Lagann land died.


Well there are several different theories (although none have been confirmed):

-Sex sells.

-The show is a metaphor for femininity in the same way Gurren Lagann is about masculinity, and it's about how society puts pressure on women. The Kamui (the really tiny outfit) she wears gives her a lot of power and increases her strength, but she also feels a ton of shame the first few times she puts it on because of all the men ogling her. Also note that the kamui needs blood to be activated, just like puberty for girls starts with the period. There's also the fact that in episode 10, they literally try to put her through a mold of a perfect citizen and attempt to shame Ryuuko about the way she dresses. Here is the link to a better presented version of this argument.

-The people who work Trigger and Gainax are a bunch of perverts who like to see their female heroines mostly naked or doing a pantsu.

Scribonius wrote:Just started watching Kill La Kill the other night. That is a weird show...


It gets weirder.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: Anime

Postby Colette » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
Colette wrote:I tried to see what all this commotion about Kill la Kill was about and now I have to ask, why does the main character have to wear such an objectionable costume? This is the same reason my expedition into Gurren-Lagann land died.

Are you seriously going to dump a show because you don't like a character wearing skimpy clothes

really dude

i had no respect when i first met you but now i have less if thats even possible

Ordinarily one doesn't judge a book by its cover, but I'd say its fair game in a visual media since I'm about to invest a few hours watching said characters and visuals do stuff.
Spoiler: show
Image

Image
Because everything's better with math.
User avatar
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Anime

Postby Silverdream » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:also silverdream that whole argument is a bunch of feminists and whiteknights pulling shit out of their ass


So just like you then? Did you wrote this right b4 ( before) finding out a toys-r--us shoppin spree sponsored by nickeleoden circa 1994 doesn't count as employment?

It makes too much sense for it not to be true.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: Anime

Postby Silverdream » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm saying that you're too stupid to realize that a toys-r--us shoppin spree sponsored by nickeleoden circa 1994 doesn't count as employment, and thus your argument has no meaning or bearing.

you filthy piece of human trash.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: Anime

Postby Zahru II » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:51 pm

So who's pumped for Super Sonico getting her own anime?

... yeah, me neither.
Image
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
User avatar
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard
 
Posts: 4286
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am

Re: Anime

Postby Nimja » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:02 am

I'd recommend Bleach, and Keroro Gunso.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick
User avatar
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:48 pm
Location: Location,Location

Re: Anime

Postby Maverick » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:57 am

Naruto!
I'm not dead
User avatar
Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Re: Anime

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:46 am

...

Get out both of you.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: Anime

Postby Maverick » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:25 pm

Baka.
I'm not dead
User avatar
Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Re: Anime

Postby Maverick » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:50 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
Maverick wrote:Baka.

I bet a you think you're a real funny gaijin don't you?

I don't think i'm funny. Are you japanese? Because if you're not you can't call me foreigner.
I'm not dead
User avatar
Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Re: Anime

Postby Silverdream » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Me and Overwatch have exchanged naked photos, he has a nicer cock than you would think.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
User avatar
Silverdream
Nice use of noise
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: Anime

Postby Maverick » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:04 am

Silverdream wrote:Me and Overwatch have exchanged naked photos, he has a nicer cock than you would think.

:j+b:
I'm not dead
User avatar
Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Re: Anime

Postby Maverick » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:17 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Me and Overwatch have exchanged naked photos, he has a nicer cock than you would think.

:j+b:

Wow, are you seriously trying to call silverdream dapper? Do you think that's funny? Do you think your close minded sheep brain is really in a position right now to make fun of someone for being dapper? Haven't you ever heard of equality? Next you probably hate blacks and transgenders? Fucking cis scum

No i am an Anti-Racism sheep.
I'm not dead
User avatar
Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 am
Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

PreviousNext

Return to Magical Girls

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests