New Tatis (fourm battle sign up)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

New Tatis (fourm battle sign up)

Post by lawmaster » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:42 pm

Hello there comrades, my name is Captain James and I'm looking for only the greatest soldiers and warriors to accompany me on a mission. We will be a small and select squad against a countless amount of enemies, but we will perceiver. We will be deep behind enemy lines and the chance of making it out alive is small but the reward is great. Sign up now and serve the Trovian empire. Serve your empire.
Zupponn wrote:So, this is an idea that I had and wanted to test out, so things may go a little rocky, but here goes.

I've been thinking about doing a forum battle that's a mix of a Brikwar and an RPG for a while now, and I think that I'm happy enough with the system to try it out. The premise is this, the characters are exploring a random part of the Brikverse as a group and stuff will happen. Simple enough? All right.

Here is a quick rundown of the system I will be using so far:

Each player will come up with their character's name and class. These are entirely up to you guys. They can be as specific or as detailed as you want. You can even create a short paragraph about your character. I don't care. All I want is to be able to create a minifig for the character that is somewhat what he/she should look like. The less you give me, the more liberty I will take in the minifig's creation.

Next, I want each player to come up with 1 or 2 items for their character to be equipped with. The items are Ranged Weapon, Close Combat Weapon, Shield, and Explosive. Again, you can be as specific or unspecific as to what these items are and I will try and match what you want as best as I can. I just need you to categorize each one of them with one of the 4 categories. If you just want to give me the category, then that's fine too.

Each player will have 5 skill points to spend to create their character. Stats are loosely based off of the Brikwars rules. You may spend your skill points on Skill, Move, Armor, Ranged Weapon, and Close Combat Weapon to a maximum of +3 skill to that attribute. These skill points will improve the appropriate skill or weapon by +1 skill each. (Note: If you have more than 1 Ranged or Close Combat Weapon, please refer to them as Ranged Weapon 1 or 2 or Close Combat Weapon 1 or 2)

Character Skill Chart
Skill
+0: 1d6
+1: 1d6+1
+2: 1d8
+3: 1d10
Move
+0: 5"
+1: 6"
+2: 7"
+3: 8"
Armor
+0: 4
+1: 5
+2: 6
+3: 7
Ranged Weapon
+0: Use:3, Range:6", Damage:1d6
+1: Use:3, Range:7", Damage:1d6+1
+2: Use:3, Range:8", Damage:1d8
+3: Use:3, Range:10", Damage:1d10
Close Combat Weapon
+0: Use:2, Damage:1d6
+1: Use:3, Damage:1d8
+2: Use:4, Damage:1d10
+3: Use:3, Damage:2d6
Shield
Use:2, 1d6 damage parry or 2" shove
Explosives
Use:Once, BOOM!

Please format your submissions in the following format or they will be ignored and/or mocked/laughed at, and you will cry:

(Name)
(Class)
(Item1, Item2)
(Skill Point 1)
(Skill Point 2)
(Skill Point 3)
(Skill Point 4)
(Skill Point 5)
(Optional:Backstory?)

Example:
Hammerman
Knight
War Hammer, Shield
Armor
Armor
Skill
Close Combat Weapon
Close Combat Weapon
Backstory

Each character is going to have 1hp, just like a normal minifig, so if your character dies, then that's the end for you (unless they get raised as a zombie or something). There will also be a system sort of like the Almighty Benny system where if the GM (me) decides that an action preformed by a character is awesome and/or badass, then they will be awarded a skill point to be allocated as soon as it's received. These actions can include killing 3 enemies with one blow, slaying a dragon single-handed, or preforming a 900 while using your fallen enemy as a skateboard. I am also planning on having some skill points be given out for doing predetermined actions in the game that I will know about, but you guys won't. The giving out of skill points is to promote exploration and awesomeness in the game, which is what I believe makes a game fun.

Right now I am taking an unknown number of submissions, but only 1 per person. Once I figure out the cut off (I'm thinking about having somewhere between 5 and 10 right now), then it will be the people who post first who get the spots. If you have any questions or comments or think that I've missed something or made a mistake somewhere, please let me know. I am thinking about possibly starting sometime next week, as I will be very busy for the rest of this week, so that should give you guys plenty of time to get all situated. When this starts, I will be acting as the evil GM bent on killing you all :twisted: (did I say that out loud?), but I am only hoping that we can all have a lot of fun with this and expect the game to be as zany or serious as you guys want it to be (I'm leaning more towards zany and wild than anything, but that might be just me :D ).

With all that said, you can start submitting.
Please make your characters somehow in favor of the Trovian empire, whether they are a mercenary, fellow anti-immortal, or even a Trovian citizen.
Last edited by lawmaster on Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: New Tatis (fourm battle)

Post by Silverdream » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:39 am

Jason J. Jonah
Jazzmaster
(Instrument, rifle)
Skill
Skill
Skill
Armour
Armour

Jason J. Jonah has been playing jazz for years, developing the delicate fingering and improvisation skills needed to become a mercenary. One day he felt like his music was hollow, like it was missing something. Then he realized, he was missing the sounds of human screams.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:17 am

The Nomad
Wandering Mercenary
Shield, CC weapon
Skill point 1: Skill
Skill point 2: Skill
Skill Point 3: Armor
Skill Point 4: Armor
Skill Point 5: Move
Backstory: There are many tales about this mysterious soldier, each more absurd than the last. Some say he was once a powerful ruler, overthrown and forced to flee for his life. Others paint him as revolutionary, seeking to topple ancient empires. Still others claim he is a lost soldier from a shattered army, searching for his lost comrades. A persistent rumor claims he was once a noble knight, who found a portal to another time and leapt through it, seeking adventure, fame, and glory. These and other legends swirl around him, but his true past remains known only to him.

Appearance-wise, he looks like a Disguised Cone from the Lego Star Wars games.

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:33 am

private Dave:
crowd control officer

an SMG(I don't like crowds much) and a riot shield
armor
armor
armor
skill
skill
he was a riot officer thing who fell into a rift through the brikverse and ended up here basically
Last edited by motorhead fan on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Johnthon Gott Laib
Assassin
Shortsword, Bowcaster
Skill
Armor
Ranged weapon
Close combat weapon
Close combat weapon
No one knows much about this shadowy figure. Sometimes, when a Famous person dies early, Johnthon's name is heard whispered amongst various lowlife. Only one thing is sure about him. He knows how to handle a blade.

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:45 pm

From left to right Jason J. Jonah, The Nomad, Johnthon Gott Laib

Motorhead fan please include three more stats in your character.
I use my flamethrower
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:25 am

By bowcaster i meant a laser crossbow like Chewbacca, not a thing that throw bows. That would just be weird. "Let me throw a bow at your face. Oh, now i'm out of ammo. Maybe if i had like something that fired projectiles that i already have lots of." But i really like your creativity, :D . Beside that i really like the character. PS why am i short? Am i a dwarf?

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:46 pm

That was the best I could do for bowcaster, if you dislike being short then I can change the legs out for you.
I use my flamethrower
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:55 pm

As long as the bowcaster works like a laser crossbow, then i'm happy. I like being a dwarf, but i would like a assassin-like hood.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:01 pm

Oh what the hell, I guess I'll sign up for another RPG if I can.

Mr. Dakka
mercenary/harbinger of doom/gentleman
Bastardized Shotgun, katana
Ranged Weapon
Ranged Weapon
Armor
Skill
Skill
Born into ESF royalty, Ares Dakka found an interest in big weapons, and politics. He enjoyed joining the gentlemen of the group (of which there were few) for tea and biscuits in the evenings. Eventually though he found a place in the crime nets and was banished from his own family, destined to die in the war on Reyo. His body was found by another group known only as The Saviors that were based in the sewers of Reyo. They, using new technology brought him back to life in the form of a super soldier who likes his shotgun a little to much. Needless to say he swore revenge on his family but before going after them he decided to seek fame and fortune throughout the brikverse.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Guy Fox
Anarchist Revolutionary
Shotgun and dynamite
Skill
Skill
Armor
Move
Ranged combat weapon
Backstory: Believing that all government is evil, Guy has made it his life's purpose to topple them throughout the universe in order to bring about true freedom. He also likes to blow things up.
Appearance: Guy Fawkes goatee, bandana, some kind of army jacket.

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:47 am

Yay, more teammates! :D

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:56 am

I've added 3 more stats to my guy, i don't know if im allowed so much armor through...

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:58 am

motorhead fan wrote:I've added 3 more stats to my guy, i don't know if im allowed so much armor through...
Maximum 3 of each stat.

motorhead fan

Post by motorhead fan » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:40 am

ok ill go change that! thanks