The Renegades (Aklorian sub-faction) Infantry Update

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Captain26618
Champion
Champion

The Renegades (Aklorian sub-faction) Infantry Update

Post by Captain26618 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:47 pm

Yo! I'm back with my second thread, featuring the Renegades of Akloria.
If you didn't see my older thread pertaining to the E.C.A., check it out. It'll help you to get informed of some important stuff!
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 17&t=11682

Originally designed to simply be a generic faction, the Renegades have taken on a life of its own, becoming a force that commands respect from the modernized E.C.A., Galnonian Empire, and the Nazutosa Commonwealth.

Essentially, the Renegades is a faction that has been made up to represent the numerous nameless miniature entities who originate from near the Germanian Territories.
These Renegades primarily use a mix of of partisan and ex-GAF(Germanian Armed Forces) infantry to fight, sometimes supported by dated HV tanks and other old vehicles. Additionally, they frequently deploy medium to heavy portable guns to significantly enforce the firepower of their infantry.
The Renegades dominate in urban warfare, and are nearly unmatched in guerrilla tactics. Due to limited supplies and production capabilities, the Renegades have become geared towards salvaging and modifying equipment and destroyed vehicles to their benefit.

NOTE: Sorry for the large images. I sorta forgot to downsize them when I uploaded them to my website.

Map

Alright, enough of this talking. ONWARDS WITH THE STUFF!

This is what's commonly known as the Renegade Mech(for lack of a better name). Boasting a massive freaking high-velocity cannon, heavy dual-barreled HMG, a top-mounted missile pod, and a bunch of other amazing things, this beast is one of the strongest weapons in the Renegades. It is capable of side-stepping, kneeling, crouching behind cover, running, and even thruster-assisted jumping. (Note- the boxy missile box is too boxy. I'll improve it some time soon.)

more pictures and a background story
Spoiler
Show
Originally designed by the nations Plunon and La Troska, this heavy bipedal assault walker's development was halted when the Galnonian blitzkrieg destroyed the war factories and lab responsible for it. However, a few prototype models were eventually found and salvaged by remnant soldiers of Plunon, and limited production was started back up. Eventually, a Germanian leader known as Dieter(I'll probably talk about Dieter later on) was given the schematics and 4 operable units, and he began working on more advanced and complete models for his own army.

One of the main features about this machine is its ability to upgrade throughout the battle. Your best chance against this weapon is to kill it early game. Otherwise, you'll end up fighting something like this:
Basically, just about any sane person will not want to fight that head-on. Anyway, moving on!

Old GAF Infantry Fighting Vehicle. Although dated, it still serves the Renegades in many combat scenarios. It sports only one weapon - a dual-barreled MG. It can transport three individuals, not including the driver, who operates both the gun and the vehicle itself. Due to its high armor, the GAF IFV is often used as mobile cover for Renegade infantry.

Renegade Commander and officer in front of an HV Tank and transport vehicle.

Renegade Field Medic and Combat Engineer standing in front of a large stationary AA turret.

Renegade Infantry Trio (I love this image. It's magnificent.)

Oops... Alas, I forgot to upload the rest of the Renegade images onto my website. I'll make another update before long! So, what do you all think so far? I'd appreciate any feedback and constructive criticism.
Last edited by Captain26618 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Re: The Renegades (Aklorian sub-faction)

Post by Maverick » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:09 am

I sense heavy CLOaN

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:17 am

Not too shabby, way too much non-Lego though. Boo clone brands! :fist:
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

Captain26618
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain26618 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:39 pm

Hey, if you have the parts, use them, right? Besides, even Lego was a clone company at one point. Have you ever heard of Kiddicraft? All I'm saying is, please don't have such blind prejudice against something simply because it wasn't made by a certain company. In the end, plastic blocks are plastic blocks. Did you truly think in such ways when you first played with these kinds of things? Not to be rude in the slightest; these are just my general thoughts on the matter.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Even though it's a box on legs, I actually really like that mech.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Captain26618
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain26618 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Silverdream wrote:Even though it's a box on legs, I actually really like that mech.
Heh thanks. It was actually codenamed "The Box with Legs" when I first started working on it. Even though it is probably one of most basically shaped vehicles out there, it's one of my favorite units to field, just because it's so versatile and modifiable.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:42 pm

It's detailed but also causes eye cancer.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:56 pm

Well now, no need to be rude about it guys, judging from the composition this is just one of those 'I'll build my army with whatever childhood lego I have' type of humble beginnings. There are some neat ideas going on which will probably get more defined and refined in the future.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Captain26618
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain26618 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:05 pm

loafofcheese wrote:It's detailed but also causes eye cancer.
Um thanks, I think?
Zahru II wrote:Well now, no need to be rude about it guys, judging from the composition this is just one of those 'I'll build my army with whatever childhood lego I have' type of humble beginnings. There are some neat ideas going on which will probably get more defined and refined in the future.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. For the most part, the Mech thing is currently the most finished vehicular asset. Other things such as the IFV are in need of serious revision. I would actually like to redo much of this faction, giving it a more serious, coordinated, well put together sort of look some time in the future.

Anyway, on with the second image post, showing off some of the more unique infantry in the Renegades.

I'll start with some ex-Germanian Armed Forces stuff.

Ex-GAF Storm Trooper. These elite soldiers are moderately armored and armed, capable of taking on both infantry and vehicles. They are one of the few Renegade infantry units that can withstand radiation and chem warfare.
These Storm Troopers are highly effective, but Germania fell to the Galnonian onslaught before enough were produced to make much difference. Most surviving Storm Troopers now fight alongside remnant forces, usually leading by both wit and example.

Ex-GAF Commando. Usually armed with a very similar armament to the E.C.A. CQC Commandos, these tough-as-nails guys can quickly turn the tide in urban infantry combat. These soldiers are also trained in hijacking/commandeering vehicles and equipment, so when needed, the ex-GAF Commando can adapt to using stuff that he otherwise wouldn't use.

Remnant Battlefield Commander. These guys are trained in communications, advanced strategies, morale boosting, and marksmanship.
These veteran individuals inspire bravery and might to those around them. Ex-GAF Commanders can sometimes, under proper circumstances, call in support powers to aid his/her battle effort.

Ex-GAF "Sarge"(One of three Heroes of the Renegades). Using what was supposed to be a deployable machine gun like an assault rifle, this guy can seriously cause chaos on the field. Being the officer that he is, he slightly increases the performance of friendlies around him, and being the heavy weapon-toting sadistic soldier that he is, he can effectively engage pretty much anything in his path.

Partisan infantry operating a deployable light cannon. The Germanian forces designed this weapon to both serve as a building-clearer and a light howitzer, capable of firing both incendiary and HEAT munitions. During the many urban skirmishes that occurred once the Galnonians took the fight to Germanian cities, small weapons such as these that could deploy and pack quickly were put to great use. Many intact deployable cannons are now used by both partisan groups and remnants of the GAF.

Aaand, that's all I really have for this update. Any thoughts? (other than Cloan Brix AAAHH :fist: )
Last edited by Captain26618 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Re: The Renegades (Aklorian sub-faction) Infantry Update

Post by Maverick » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:44 pm

The lack of constructive criticism is strong with this one (me).

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:30 pm

The first guy's armour is really cool, and I like the artillery. Also, what's this guy holding in his left hand:

This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Captain26618
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain26618 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:58 pm

Silverdream wrote:The first guy's armour is really cool, and I like the artillery. Also, what's this guy holding in his left hand:

Thanks. The armored soldier is perhaps my favorite unnamed soldier out of both the Renegades and E.C.A.. I just wish that I knew where to get more armor like that! To be honest, the artillery was initially just an attempt to give my Renegade soldiers weapons to fight with, but it ended up being pretty satisfying in the end.

Also, the object in the commander's hand is basically a compact command module. I always thought that the standard radio model would be a bit basic for a field commander, so I decided to give him that thing.

EDIT: I always kinda imagined the thing to look a bit like this:(sorry, I rushed with making this model so it seriously sucks)
Also, if he was to actually use it, he'd hold it with his left hand and type with his right. I forget why I thought stating this detail is of importance, but ya.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:48 pm

The boxy mech has a very strong Mech Warrior vibe to it, which I really like.

Most of the reason people are flipping over the clone brands is because they fall apart. As a little kid, I indeed had prejudice against megablox, because anything I tried to build with them immediately collapsed. But hey, smoke em if you got em.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Looks like a decent collection of models, and they look ok despite the general boxyness (I'm.also getting a strong mechwarrior vibes from that mech. nice job). I think you've done a very nice job of integrating the Lego and clone brand elements as well.

Captain26618
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain26618 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:28 am

IVhorseman wrote:The boxy mech has a very strong Mech Warrior vibe to it, which I really like.

Most of the reason people are flipping over the clone brands is because they fall apart. As a little kid, I indeed had prejudice against megablox, because anything I tried to build with them immediately collapsed. But hey, smoke em if you got em.
Battlegrinder wrote:Looks like a decent collection of models, and they look ok despite the general boxyness (I'm.also getting a strong mechwarrior vibes from that mech. nice job). I think you've done a very nice job of integrating the Lego and clone brand elements as well.
Thanks guys. The positive feedback means a lot! Also, I just looked up MechWarrior, and it looks freaking awesome. The only mech game I really played before is Iron Soldier 3 for the PlayStation 1.
ImageImage
ImageImage

I do know what you all mean by Mega Bloks having pieces that are prone to falling apart. I think that I have maybe two Mega Bloks sets, one of them being just a few knights. Most of the non-Lego bricks that I have are from other companies, and (thankfully) seem to actually have a pretty good quality to them.

As for the general boxy profiles of my vehicles, I purposefully designed the mech to be like that for increased modding potential and to give it a bit of a prototype-in-mass-production look to it. As for the IFV, however, I know how ugly that thing is, and I intend on replacing it the next chance I get! Seriously, the only stuff it's good for is being moving cover for infantry and target practice for blind people.