Mythic Order

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Most Awesome Hero?

Valken- obviously- classic, Knight-type heroes are the way to go
11%
Arycelle- I mean come on, just LOOK at how awesome that bow is
11%
Gestalt- ton of blades, nuff said
17%
Garmr- Duh, he's a Werewolf, what else could you possibly want?
2%
Ragnel- What can I say, he isn't called the Crimson Scourge for nothing
7%
Dion- DUAL LANCES
4%
Zhao- Because Whooshu
2%
Nox- Why would you NOT choose the assassin, the assassin is ALWAYS the coolest, its like a rule or something
17%
Lyra- Dude, she's a Grandmaster, I don't see any other Grandmasters here
4%
Fancy Pierro- Psssh, none of these so called "heroes" have ANYTHING on Fancy Pierro
4%
The Wanderer- DAT HAT
20%

Total votes: 46

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Re: Mythic Order

Post by Kalvinator » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:14 pm

stubby wrote:
Warhead wrote:I'd also like to know where you came by such awesome helmets and weapons that aren't the staple Lego variants.
Have you been to http://www.firestartoys.com/ lately? They do a better job than almost anybody of keeping track of all the different third-party custom shops. I don't remember where all of these different elements came from, but I bet firestar does.
Thank you for that link, it's expensive, but if I need to, I may be able to get anything I need from here.

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Vote for interest. I'd also like to know where you came by such awesome helmets and weapons that aren't the staple Lego variants.
Depends on which items specifically- they run the gamut- all of the helmets are either official lego, or from Brickwarriors. As for the weapons, the Templar swords are brickforge Sovereign swords, the werewolf claws and vambraces are also brickforge, as are the numerous pauldrons on the templars, spearmen, knights, etc. The crossbows are from A MinifigCat, the Lances are modified brickwarriors Lances, and there are a few brickwarriors daggers on some of the heroes (tower shields are also brickwarriors), and then Gestalt's two swords are a brickarms claymore and damien sword. Finally, the hammers for the knights are from custom crazy, which is tragically overlooked, as they have some of the best custom fantasy weapons ever produced, period.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:30 am

Kalvinator wrote:Thank you for that link, it's expensive, but if I need to, I may be able to get anything I need from here.
Depends where you order from, too. Mainly it's a good site for seeing what's available from all the other custom sites at once, and then you can go and check the custom sites themselves to see if they're cheaper.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Etanox
God of BrikWars

Post by Etanox » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:40 am

I Have some Questions, no worry i don't copy your awesome Army i just want to copy some of your Ideas for my Army (that is also Mythic Themed but more Dragons then yours) if its ok for u.

How made u the lances of the riders?

Where can i buy the Hair from Dion and Ragnel, looks like Dragonballs <3?

if want u want, can u show me how u made the Beasts(Rancor) Armor and Basket? Where do u buy the Weapons and Plate Armor for the Beast (Sword, Claws and Axe). And if u have a list with all the pieces of the 3 Beats or a Tutorial, it would be awesome. I like them so much and they would be awesome Behemoths for my Army.

Sry for my bad English i am from Austria :)

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Lord Mercat wrote:
Vote for interest. I'd also like to know where you came by such awesome helmets and weapons that aren't the staple Lego variants.
Depends on which items specifically- they run the gamut- all of the helmets are either official lego, or from Brickwarriors. As for the weapons, the Templar swords are brickforge Sovereign swords, the werewolf claws and vambraces are also brickforge, as are the numerous pauldrons on the templars, spearmen, knights, etc. .
Yes, all those. :D Never heard of Brickwarrior... *sigh* ...there goes Manly Santa Day!

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Brickwarriors are absolutely awesome, they have some of the best custom items out there, especially armor wise. I would highly recommend checking out their offerings. I think they are even releasing a new line of court jester items sometime this week, if you check their blog.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:22 am

just one quick question, Are those capes bought or personally made, if personally made, how was it done?
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:52 am

loafofcheese wrote:just one quick question, Are those capes bought or personally made, if personally made, how was it done?

Depends, on which capes? The Capes/Mantles/Scabbards and whatnot on all the heroes are all custom done by me, myself, and I. If you are asking about the regular capes that the normal troops wear however, I buy those- I don't use offical lego capes, they are far too stiff and paper-like for my liking, and don't work nearly as well for customs. You can make capes yourself easily enough with the right fabric and acrylic matte medium, there is a tutorial somewhere on the web I believe, but I have a great supplier, so I'd prefer not to have to treat large bolts of fabric, and cut hundreds of capes myself if I can help it.

Right here, cape tutorial:
http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork.com/howto/899

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Holy shit! This. Is. EPIC!

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:44 am

I can't even begin to explain my awe for this army. Pretty sure it's been said and done by now, anyway.

Awesome work. And those Murderbeasts... Gotta get me some of those.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Where did you get the chest and leg pieces for the rangers and crossbowmen/spearmen? I've looked all over bricklink and other sites and haven't been able to find them.

ASmallWarpRift
Champion
Champion

Post by ASmallWarpRift » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi a fantastic looking army you have there
I just wanted to ask where you got those single handed crossbow things on the Riders of Ruin. i took a look on firestar and could'nt see them there

Thanks

Warp

Aslocate
Nice Dubs
Location: In a far away land, known by the natives as "Jawjuh".

Post by Aslocate » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Oh wow. :tiger: :tiger: :tiger: I particularly like the battle trolls. I like the backstory, but isn't brikwars about mindless gore, bloodshed, and warfare?
IVhorseman wrote:Image

If that's not smiley material I don't know what is.
Spoiler
Show
Zupponn wrote:Fuck you, I'm a shark.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:39 pm

And as much canon as we can create, it has evolved some over the years
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:06 am

Aslocate wrote:Oh wow. :tiger: :tiger: :tiger: I particularly like the battle trolls. I like the backstory, but isn't brikwars about mindless gore, bloodshed, and warfare?
Of course it is! But the thing is, simply showing up on the battlefield and having the ARMY OF CARNAGE versus the KINGDOM OF GORE makes far too much sense. If you take out all the completely nonsensical and unnecessary fluff, you just have minifigs fighting each other for the sake of battle itself. While that's all well and good, that isn't even half as mindless or silly as fighting for out-of-touch political ideals, or something as illusory as justice. Think of it as spreading false hope and purpose among the figs. They think they have a greater purpose, but in actuality, it all builds into just how much we are messing around with their heads. It becomes psychological as well as physical.

That said, backstory also lends well to building heroic cliches, and makes for more unique and interesting battle scenarios as opposed to merely side a side b brikwars.