What are your 3 favorite TV shows?

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Re: What are your 3 favorite TV shows?

Postby Silent-sigfig » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 am

Bragallot wrote:
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:What dissapointed you in the third season? I thought it was great.

I suppose he likes white weddings.

No, I dislike what they're doing to the source material. Leaving out stuff 'cos there's no money / time, fine. Changing dialogue parts that change a character's personality completely where it is just as easy (easier, even) to have the characters say the lines from the book (or at least, keep the original meaning of those lines and not make them do a 180 degree turn) just because of the show makers' personal likes and dislikes of characters, not so fine. I was looking forward to seeing Stannis on screen but all they've done is paint him as a remorseless villain, and interviews show they don't (want to) understand the character at all.

Stannis I agree with(I mean seriously, he's supposed to be an athiest, not some fanatic), but stannis wasn't really a great character until late ASOS. If anyone is a comic book villain, it's Littlefinger.

As for cutting stuff out they cut a few "larger" scenes from season 3(fist of the first men/mance's army) to have more money for season 4(Large battle of Meereen, battle of castle black)
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Lord Trionx » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 am

Just in the last week Rick and Morty, True detective, and Megas XLR

I watch a lot of shows when I'm working on stuff, working my way through Always Sunny in Philly and South park when I just want background noise.
Lord Trionx
Champion
Champion

Postby Nimja » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:22 am

Maverick wrote:
Nimja wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:
Maverick wrote:Top gear (watching the little bit there is on netflix.)
Naruto
Whocankillbrikguyfastest Is really fun

yeah that's a great tv show

Doctor Who, Primeval, Top Gear

what motorhead fan said, swap Primevial with Sherlock.

Holy shit, you're lazy. You just could't say:
Doctor Who, Sherlock, Top Gear, could you?

No,I'm the opposite of lazy.:
what motorhead fan said, swap Primevial with Sherlock.
Doctor Who, Sherlock, Top Gear.
Compare the lengths of those two sentences.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Joke of the day
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:25 am

Lord Trionx wrote:Just in the last week Rick and Morty, True detective, and Megas XLR

I watch a lot of shows when I'm working on stuff, working my way through Always Sunny in Philly and South park when I just want background noise.

Oh yeah, I also like always sunny in Philadelphia. Except Dee, I always thought she was annoying.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Bragallot » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Silent-sigfig wrote:As for cutting stuff out they cut a few "larger" scenes from season 3(fist of the first men/mance's army) to have more money for season 4(Large battle of Meereen, battle of castle black)

Yeah I get that and I have no problem with it, the cast alone must cost millions. It's just the writing (sometimes). George tries to be subtle, you know? (most of the time). That kind of subtlety can't translate completely to the screen, but as I saw someone else put it 'GoT is about as subtle as a sledgehammer to the face.' The treatment of Littlefinger being the best example. He's such a multi-layered, intriguing, difficult to understand book character. In the show he's just a comic book villain as you said. And he's not the only character that suffers from over-simplification. It's still a good show (though I have to say, mostly because the source material is simply that good) but knowing what it could have been does change your perspective.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Previous

Return to General Discussion