Patreon, Selling Out - December 12, 2018

Good news everyone! We’ve joined the ranks of proud internet panhandlers. BEHOLD THE BRIKWARS PATREON

https://www.patreon.com/brikwars

As some of you know, after the massive Lego layoffs last year I’ve been working on reorganizing things so I can focus more time on BrikWars. As a result we’ve got a finalized version of BW2010 this year (finally) along with a whole bunch of progress on the new 2018 edition with all-new Campaign rules.

As part of continuing that push, I’ve started up a new Patreon! With more than three tiers of possible patronage levels!

I’m still paying for all the boring parts of staying alive with freelance illustration work, but this will help smooth out the month-to-month budgeting for those projects where clients wait ninety days to let me know they never had any intention of paying me in the first place (but it’s great for exposure!).

While the tier rewards are pretty great and already speak for themselves, I’m open to further ideas. What kinds of things would you want to see in a BrikWars Patreon? Most of the stuff normal people give out as part of their Patreon tiers are things I already give away for free – rules content, development material, sneak peeks, shitpost discussions – but maybe you guys have a better idea of the kinds of things you’d like than I do. Hop over to the forum thread and let me know!

- posted by Mike