BW 2010 Statcard Generator

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Re: BrikWars 2010 MOC calculator

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun May 11, 2014 7:26 am

You are doing absolutely amazing work. If you can get this to work properly you deserve to be put into the brikwars hall of fame for ever.
I always felt that statscards enhance a game of brikwars immensely especially when introducing new players.
It removes the fog and gives them the ability to see and remember hat their units do/are with out constantly having to ask the game host.
Now I can make some stats cards in gimp but there are a lot of players who do not have the patients, skill or age to do that.

Keep up the good work!
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Post by Nimja » Sun May 11, 2014 9:55 am

The calculation for power is wrong, I think. I'm pretty sure its 2* size, not just size.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote: Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Post by Nimja » Sun May 11, 2014 9:59 am

I could help with the statcard thing.
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sun May 11, 2014 11:48 am

At 412x412 the image is being clipped unevenly on the left and right.
This makes it very hard to center an image. I tried several times and its still wrong.
The visible area is a rectangle not a square.
People will want to center images.

If you knew the exact amount of the clipping you could make an image with a "safe zone" marked.
Then people could center their image in that safe zone.

Awesome work!

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun May 11, 2014 12:18 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:You are doing absolutely amazing work. If you can get this to work properly you deserve to be put into the brikwars hall of fame for ever.
I always felt that statscards enhance a game of brikwars immensely especially when introducing new players.
It removes the fog and gives them the ability to see and remember hat their units do/are with out constantly having to ask the game host.
Now I can make some stats cards in gimp but there are a lot of players who do not have the patients, skill or age to do that.

Keep up the good work!
Wholly agreed.

I invoke my rarely used mod powers to sticky this thread for eternity!

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Mon May 12, 2014 7:38 am

Thank you for the positive and constructive feedback!
The calculation for power is wrong, I think. I'm pretty sure its 2* size, not just size.
Yes, the power generation is 2*size. Did you select flying movement? Rather hidden in the weapons chapter, it says:
"The Power of certain types of Creations are limited even further. Creations flying in the air (rather than in space or with antigravity) have Power limited to their own Size in Weapon Inches. Size zero Creations have enough Power for a single Hand Weapon or the equivalent, at most."

The "antigravity" rule mention is however unsettling. I hoped that all types of flying movement would be really the same rule-wise as it is also mentioned in the Vehicle chapter. Perhaps I add a [x] "In Space!" checkbox (cause there are also other exception rules for armor plating when in space)
Oho! Thanks for the offer! Actually there is something I didn't get to work yet: The original statcard template uses some nicer fonts, namely GillSans, GowdieExtra and GowdieOld. I know there is a way to include these as "webfonts" but so far it did not work at all yet. I already downloaded the fonts and they are in http://www.westnordost.de/statcard/GowdieExtra.ttf, GowdieOld.ttf and GillSans-Regular.ttf but I just can't get them to load using CSS rules. Perhaps you could have a go?
This makes it very hard to center an image. I tried several times and its still wrong.
I will extend the image code so that the user can drag the image around and zoom in and out with the scrollwheel. Need to research about how to do this first though.

Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Post by Nimja » Tue May 13, 2014 11:24 am

WestNordOst wrote:Thank you for the positive and constructive feedback!
Yes, the power generation is 2*size. Did you select flying movement? Rather hidden in the weapons chapter, it says:
"The Power of certain types of Creations are limited even further. Creations flying in the air (rather than in space or with antigravity) have Power limited to their own Size in Weapon Inches. Size zero Creations have enough Power for a single Hand Weapon or the equivalent, at most."

The "antigravity" rule mention is however unsettling. I hoped that all types of flying movement would be really the same rule-wise as it is also mentioned in the Vehicle chapter. Perhaps I add a [x] "In Space!" checkbox (cause there are also other exception rules for armor plating when in space)
Oho! Thanks for the offer! Actually there is something I didn't get to work yet: The original statcard template uses some nicer fonts, namely GillSans, GowdieExtra and GowdieOld. I know there is a way to include these as "webfonts" but so far it did not work at all yet. I already downloaded the fonts and they are in http://www.westnordost.de/statcard/GowdieExtra.ttf, GowdieOld.ttf and GillSans-Regular.ttf but I just can't get them to load using CSS rules. Perhaps you could have a go?
I will extend the image code so that the user can drag the image around and zoom in and out with the scrollwheel. Need to research about how to do this first though.
Yeah, I was using flying movement. I'm fairly proficient as JS, so if you could send me a copy of the code, I might be able to help. I don't think this canvas tag is needed. Theres probably a JS library you could use.
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick

Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Post by Nimja » Tue May 13, 2014 11:28 am

Ther is a bug I can see, and that is that is that CP is not rounded. I had a unit costing 41.5 CP.
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Wed May 14, 2014 6:37 am

Nimja:

There is nothing in the code yet to load any webfonts. The only thing I did is to download them. So what I need is a working example of a webfont being loaded on a page and being displayed in a canvas.

@CP:
Where is it stated in the rulebook that the total cost must be rounded?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed May 14, 2014 10:10 am

Nimja wrote:Ther is a bug I can see, and that is that is that CP is not rounded. I had a unit costing 41.5 CP.
I kind of prefer it without rounding, tbh

But honestly I really do just want to eliminate CP entirely once I'm done with the main rules.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Post by Nimja » Wed May 14, 2014 10:50 am

WestNordOst wrote:Nimja:

There is nothing in the code yet to load any webfonts. The only thing I did is to download them. So what I need is a working example of a webfont being loaded on a page and being displayed in a canvas.

@CP:
Where is it stated in the rulebook that the total cost must be rounded?
Well, CP costas are rounded for minfigs anyway. I remember that they would be 3.5 CP , If not for rounding.
EDIT: I'm trying to read your code, but I can't find the variables that store Stats and suchlike. could you point them out?
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Thu May 15, 2014 12:03 am

stubby:
Oh,... that's a big change. :|

Nimja:
Why'd you want to read that code? Really, if you want to help me, the fonts thing is the thing you could do, no understanding of the code required. Otherwise, take a look at the "moc" class.
Well, CP costas are rounded for minfigs anyway. I remember that they would be 3.5 CP , If not for rounding.
No, 4. :P 0.5 base cost, 2.5 movement cost, 1 mind cost

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu May 15, 2014 10:09 am

WestNordOst wrote:stubby:
Yeah, tell me about it.

But I want to get one full intermediate version of 2010 done with all the CP still in, so that the hardcore CP-budgeting crowd will still have a version they can use.

And then for everyone else, a switch to Unit Inches.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Post by Nimja » Thu May 15, 2014 10:21 am

WestNordOst wrote:stubby:

Nimja:
Why'd you want to read that code? Really, if you want to help me, the fonts thing is the thing you could do, no understanding of the code required. Otherwise, take a look at the "moc" class.
No, 4. :P 0.5 base cost, 2.5 movement cost, 1 mind cost
Oh. I thought you wanted help programming. whoops.
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu May 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Besides, it's Brikwars: the defining characteristic of the game is that you can use whatever rules you want. Just because CP isn't an "official" part of the 2010 rules doesn't mean that it's not still totally awesome to cater to the crowd that would prefer to play with CP.