Mass Effect

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Mass Effect

Post by Bragallot » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 pm

I know a lot of you love this game, yet there wasn't a (recent) topic on it that I could find. I'm really stoked about this game so I'd like you to post your custom Shepards, Mass Effect(-inspired) Lego or anything Mass Effect related. I'm only halfway through the second game though so please use spoiler tags if necessary.

To kick it off, this is my first Shepard, Bill. His choices are basically my own, leading to a balance in Paragon / Renegade mostly, though at the end of Mass Effect 1 he was a little more Paragon than Renegade. Since I play through missions with him for the first time Bill is known to be disoriented, running around aimlessly, bumping into random people and squadmates alike, repeating himself, missing out on quests and things that should be obvious, asking a lot of questions and sometimes contradicting himself:

I'm really happy with how he turned out though. I simply can not look at him without thinking 'wow, what a badass.' The scars make it even better.

They're all ME 2 screenshots because for some reason in ME 1 Steam wouldn't let me take them.

My second playthrough was with Lizzie Shepard, mostly Paragon (she did shoot Jax and a few monkeys... her sense of justice probably, if she gets Renegade points it's usually unexpected and because I mess up somehow - it's hard to resist shooting those monkeys when death is at your fingertips. Either way, I blame Ashley):

She appears far more intelligent, focused and tactical than Bill, but gets less credit for it because subconsciously she's absorbed Bill's recent memories into her own... most of the time. Nevertheless she also dies slightly more often, but she makes up for it by finding a lot of stuff Bill bull-rushed past blindly. She's a Sentinel, 'cos I wanted to try out the powers, but I have to admit I often just find myself shooting stuff, even with her (might have something to do with me switching between playing Lizzie and Bill regularly). Nevertheless the powers are fun.

I'm again, really happy with how she turned out, especially considering how much trouble I have creating characters that look somewhat decent.

I also totally think I'm going to use this as a reaction image, so bieware.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Re: Mass Effect

Post by Brikguy0410 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:50 pm

I for one,cthought mass effect was a piece of shit, If I want a sci if RPG I go play Star Wars knights of the old republic

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Wed May 28, 2014 1:10 am

Brikguy0410 wrote:I for one,cthought mass effect was a piece of shit, If I want a sci if RPG I go play Star Wars knights of the old republic
They're written by the same people, they're developed by the same people, and Mass Effect is the spiritual successor to KOTOR, it's pretty much better in every way.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed May 28, 2014 9:19 am

I don't know about that. Mass Effect looks and sounds better, but KOTOR's story, characters, and choices are more satisfying in just about every way.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed May 28, 2014 9:28 am

I don't like Mass Effect because you need to buy a whole new console just to play it.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed May 28, 2014 11:38 am

Having played only the first of each series, I'd have to say that KOTOR is absolutely inferior to Mass Effect. However, every person I've ever talked to about it insists that it flips at the end. That the second kotor is way better than the first and that the last ME was way worse than the first. And all that being said, the primary reason I liked ME had little to do with the characters or plot and a great deal to do with the setting.

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Wed May 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Having played only the first of each series, I'd have to say that KOTOR is absolutely inferior to Mass Effect. However, every person I've ever talked to about it insists that it flips at the end. That the second kotor is way better than the first and that the last ME was way worse than the first. And all that being said, the primary reason I liked ME had little to do with the characters or plot and a great deal to do with the setting.
So you don't like KOTOR at all?

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed May 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Thu May 29, 2014 12:04 am

Brikguy0410 wrote:So you don't like KOTOR at all?
Well, no, I didn't mean that. There were parts I thought were neat. But I am hard pressed to think of very many games I've been more bored playing. And off the top of my head, I straight up can't think of a single setting I've disliked more than Taris. I disliked everything even associated with it. Every NPC, the story, the rakghouls. Blech. I actually quit the game the first time I played it because Taris drags on and on forever and it was so awful to me. But, I mean, sure, there were some good moments. And the game is fairly well written for a video game...if a bit verbose.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Thu May 29, 2014 11:17 am

Quantumsurfer wrote: the game is fairly well written for a video game...if a bit verbose.
Quantumsurfer thinks something is a bit verbose.... :busted:

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu May 29, 2014 11:27 am

We'll bang. Okay?
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Thu May 29, 2014 1:59 pm

Wait, it's on Steam? A friend of mine made me play the second part (i think) on one of those newfangled console things. A 3D shooter on a joypad, oh puhleaazz? Some numbers are attached, too. Which counts as rpg these days apparently. Nice tits though!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Tzan wrote:Quantumsurfer thinks something is a bit verbose....
Lulz. :)

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:02 am

Meh, Dragon Age was better. Until BioWare tried to bring Mass Effect into Dragon Age. So yeah.

Timedude
Snackist
Snackist

Post by Timedude » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:01 am

I picked up the trilogy when it was on sale and played through them last summer, then replayed 2 and 3 with a new character a few months ago. Really interesting to see how things turn out based on choices you made and who lived. On my first playthrough for example, I saved Kaiden and Ashley died, but I was never able to reconcile things with Kaiden in ME3. On my second playthrough I saved Ashley instead, and we ended up being great friends by the end of ME3, even had her on my squad. Course, I did rush by endgame in ME2 and killed half my crew including Tali... So that wasn't so good. But lizard-guy lived (Thane?) and that wa interesting to get to know him in his final days.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to where they go with it in ME4.
-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi: