Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex 80k VIEWS?! but 1 new moc

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex (20,000 VIEWS!)

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Fanfuckintastic, as always. I'm seeing the use of Thor's Hammer more and more in MOC Microspace and you've made a damn fine job of it here, sir. Probably the best I've seen so far as these have function as well as aesthetic.
Colette wrote:Hopefully we will one day have enough variety for someone to run a space pirate spacelane raid battle or something.
That's a really cool idea.
dilanski wrote:Damn scythe, I wish I had your ability to take a model from start to finish in a single sitting.
Me too. I'm all sorts of envious. I was thinking the other day that if I did a LDD timelapse video like that, even at a sped up pace there would still be huge chunks of time of me screwing around looking for a part or trying different combinations to gain the look I desire. Even scrapping whole bits of ship to start over. It'd be a nightmare to watch. You seem to go in with a singular clarity of vision and, I've got to say, that's a mighty impressive ability.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:59 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:I was thinking the other day that if I did a LDD timelapse video like that, even at a sped up pace there would still be huge chunks of time of me screwing around looking for a part or trying different combinations to gain the look I desire. Even scrapping whole bits of ship to start over. It'd be a nightmare to watch. You seem to go in with a singular clarity of vision and, I've got to say, that's a mighty impressive ability.
I always struggle with how to explain this to people so here I go . . .

I have a fair few mild, moderate and significant learning difficulties that have been identified (by medical professionals I will add) over the years, I have dyspraxia (which affects hand to eye co-ordination and social skills), dysgraphia (which affects my perception of distances, shapes and sizes), dyslexia (which I'm not entirely sure what it affects, but apparently I have it so mildly that its just a tick in a box on the evaluation papers) and dyscalcula (which severely impacts my ability to do maths beyond the basics of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, fractions and percentages - after that, maths can fuck off). I also have extremely mild touches of (again, just enough to tick a box on paper) ADHD, aspergers and autism (apparently).

In terms of what that means to me, when it comes to gaming, model building, LDD and generally finding my way around - when I build anything, I can image it in my head fully built, and revolve it around in my head much in the same way you would open someone elses LDD files, it just appears fully formed and I spin it around in my head, zooming in and out and pretty much building it brick by brick before I then open LDD and build it, brick by brick.

Which is pretty much what I do before I even open LDD, or build with bricks IRL. Its both a blessing and a curse, because I can never play any kind of first person shooter in multiplayer on the same console, or if I do, I have to turn the radar function in the game off, because rather than watching the little red dots in the corner and guessing where other players are, I always know where you are - all the fucking time, even on other floors. It's not just good guessing, I am busy moving every single dot in my head like having another map - meaning I hunt people down like a fucking cruise missile.

With great power, comes accusations of screen watching.

Now . . onto the fourth build of the day!

-- SCYTHIAN NAVAL CODEX --

-- BAVARIAN "HEHLER" CLASS FREIGHTER --

The Bavarian Hehler class freighter is a recent addition to their fleet - as their wars between alliances and empires forced them to create a Bavarian trade and mercantile sector from effectively nothing. The result of the Hehler is basically a small cargo hauler, which is basically a docking arm with enough space to carry four container crates, an engine, a single bunk, mess, comms room and bridge.

The life of a Bavarian hauler is one of loneliness and low pay checks it would seem. At least the view would be rather pretty from the 120 degree bridge view.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:24 pm

On reading that, my past instinct would've been to congratulate you on your good fortune. Your explanation seems to be full of really cool stuff. But my son has ADHD and I grasp what a pain in the ass such disabilities can be for their sufferers. He's really quite brilliant at certain things but that doesn't lessen or mitigate the difficulties he faces. I'm not a sufferer myself, other than having depression (which doesn't so much hinder my ability to learn so much as it hinders my motivation), so I can't pretend to truly understand what it's like. Whatever the case, though, I still appreciate your creative ability.

The Hehler, by the way, really IS SuperCute.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Oh man, all this shit is awesome.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Fenix's Log - 15 August 2014

It appears that Scythe has discovered the capabilities of Mjölnir and applied them to space ship construction.

Great things are to be expected.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Hey guys, who remembers this?

What about this?

Well, uhm - I took them, and I built this . . .

Spoiler
Show

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Scythe, You need to start a modular space station system so you can more easily do things like this in future.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:26 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:
I always struggle with how to explain this to people so here I go . . .

I have a fair few mild, moderate and significant learning difficulties that have been identified (by medical professionals I will add) over the years, I have dyspraxia (which affects hand to eye co-ordination and social skills), dysgraphia (which affects my perception of distances, shapes and sizes), dyslexia (which I'm not entirely sure what it affects, but apparently I have it so mildly that its just a tick in a box on the evaluation papers) and dyscalcula (which severely impacts my ability to do maths beyond the basics of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, fractions and percentages - after that, maths can fuck off). I also have extremely mild touches of (again, just enough to tick a box on paper) ADHD, Ass Burgers and autism (apparently).

In terms of what that means to me, when it comes to gaming, model building, LDD and generally finding my way around - when I build anything, I can image it in my head fully built, and revolve it around in my head much in the same way you would open someone elses LDD files, it just appears fully formed and I spin it around in my head, zooming in and out and pretty much building it brick by brick before I then open LDD and build it, brick by brick.

Which is pretty much what I do before I even open LDD, or build with bricks IRL. Its both a blessing and a curse, because I can never play any kind of first person shooter in multiplayer on the same console, or if I do, I have to turn the radar function in the game off, because rather than watching the little red dots in the corner and guessing where other players are, I always know where you are - all the fucking time, even on other floors. It's not just good guessing, I am busy moving every single dot in my head like having another map - meaning I hunt people down like a fucking cruise missile.

With great power, comes accusations of screen watching.
Funny, I have the same mental CAD system you have (along with a few of the other things you mentioned). I've always wondered if other people have that too.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:49 am

Right, I came to a realisation this morning when Colette bugged me yet again about providing him with .LXF files for various things that I've built . . . the Scythian Aesthetic has actually changed in recent times as well as the ship lineup - and I haven't updated this thread fully to match.

So behold, the Scythian fleet lineup for G.R 2014.

Starting from Left to Right.

The "Reagent" Class Frigate.
This vessel replaces the aging "Savager" Class Frigate.

The "Duke" Class Destroyer.
This vessel replaces the aging "Kentaurus" Class Destroyer. (Credit, goes to Vami IV believe it or not)

The "Despot" Class Cruiser.
This vessel has had minor touch-ups to match the other ships of the fleet, most notably the twin engine blocks copied from the Duke, Vami has changed more than he knows.

The "Tyrant" Class Carrier
This is the only ship that hasn't been altered in any way, shape or form.

The "Monarch" Class Battleship
This is the MK-IV of the design, with a new engine block to match the other ships of the fleet.

The "Diety" Class Star-Juggernaut
This is the MK-II of the design, I am currently not adapting it to use the same engine blocks as the rest of the fleet, but this is something I am working on for the "Unbound".

These ships in the .LXF below officially replace everything I have updated before - and are the ones I would like used in forum battles unless something newer, or cooler comes along.

In the mean time, have a poke through the .LXF below. I'm sure you lot will enjoy.
Attachments
Full Scythian Fleet.zip
(161.83 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Spoiler
Show

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:31 am

two quick questions.
6. Do you have the lfx for the ferryman shuttle posted anywhere.
7. Is the ferryman in scale with the rest of the fleet?

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:51 pm

I'm still very happy to see my work accepted into this fleet/ *Majestic bow*

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Seriously, the big one just looks like a giant penis.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:27 pm

I have modified the Monarch to include more firepower (mostly in the form of armored missile silos), a shorter gap between the the main body of the ship, and the bridge has become lowered closer to the ship and more closely resembles a bunker (a common trait on Scythian ships.

Pics coming soon

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Aforementioned pictures:
The arrows are the mods I mentioned. I call this a Mark V, but it's more like Mk. 4.5
LXF be thither.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:54 pm

Vami IV wrote:Aforementioned pictures:
I think I like it better than scythes, might be the lower bridge.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.