Scythian EVA-UNIT-OMEGA (ASSAULT TYPE)

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Scythian EVA-UNIT-OMEGA (ASSAULT TYPE)

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:38 am

"Ladies and gentlemen of the Scythian Funding Commission, as you know - some time ago the Behemoth series of Scythian battlemecha came to an end due to numerous developments from our ongoing conflicts with the Immortal Empire - and that a new series of weapons had been commissioned from the development of other empires known as the "Evangellion Series" or "EVA" for short.

Now, for the longest time we where following in the footsteps of other empires - that is until Admiral Karr killed a being that was beyond our comprehension, and previously thought beyond our abilities in our reality.

At this point, we became god-killers. Scythian Science and Abilities killed a creature that should never have been within our abilities to slay.

In short - we killed, the unkillable and that opened up new avenues for us.

So we applied those new avenues to the EVA series.

I present to you, the first of the Scythian EVA series. Unit-OMEGA. The Assault Type."

"As you can see, we have not just adapted the existing design ethos - we have thrown it clean out the maidens-damned window to produce something above and beyond what our competitors are producing. For a start, the biological components have been massively altered and upgraded - the head has been entirely removed and its systems placed in more advanced and reliable Scythian cybernetics - the brain and optics now deep within the armoured core of the beast, along with its enhanced S-2 Engine and plug system. The musculature has been enhanced for higher load capacity and strength - to carry the Scythian battle plate usually used to protect our Battleships - and then protected again with Shield generators that have been wired directly into no less than three Scythian Anti-matter Generators."

"To put it simply, the AT field generation systems have been hooked directly into the Anti-matter Generators, and vice-versa. EVA OMEGA has the ability to not only run indefinitely - but it gains in power exponentially with the more power it outputs - which it then feeds back into itself to power its shields, shoulder mounted Anti-matter Projector Cannons and AT field again - forming an infinite loop of power to its combat systems.

To put it simply, EVA OMEGA is the second most powerful combat unit we have ever produced - second only in its generator capacity to the Scythian Deity Class Star-Juggernaut."

"Its other armaments consist of Twin Anti-matter enhanced Prog-Machete's. Rather than the Prog-Knife systems developed by the other races, the Prog-Machete is a cleaving weapon - using its AT-field enhanced capacity to cleave through matter and AT-fields alike, and then using Anti-matter in a magnetic field that collapses on contact with the target to catalyse and then annihilate the enemy. It is the single most brutal mellee weapon we have ever developed.

It is backed up again by six fire-and-forget missiles mounted on the chest, and an Anti-matter Projector rifle with its own independent power reserve - but its primary combat systems lie in its AT-field enhanced shoulder mounted Anti-matter projectors, which are designed to assault and destroy other ANGEL class life-forms and EVA series opponents."

"EVA-OMEGA will begin its combat deployment soon, and our technological arrogance will remove anyone or anything in our way"
Attachments
Scythian Eva OMEGA.zip
(30.34 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Re: Scythian EVA-UNIT-OMEGA (ASSAULT TYPE)

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:48 am

:shock:

Holy fuck.

Taking an Eva, making it genre-savvy and adapting it to technology from a stellar civilization.

Well done, scythe. You truly are one of the greatest LDD builders on the forums.

(Also, I love how you used the Scythian flag I digitized)

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:39 am

Yeah, this is really cool.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:14 pm

This is a great idea, but without the shoulder pylons it really doesn't look like an EVA.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:44 pm

I don't know what an EVA is in this context, but this one looks really cool. I especially like how the legs manage to look well-armored without getting so bulky that they make the machine look like it can't move fast. The only things that look odd to me are the knee and waist joints, which seem a little spindly for what they support. otherwise, it looks great.

newcowboy
Hero

Post by newcowboy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:20 pm

This is amazing. The joints look like they support this frame quite well, even though it is bulky in a explosiony weapons sort of way.

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:37 am

Battlegrinder wrote:I don't know what an EVA is in this context, but this one looks really cool. I especially like how the legs manage to look well-armored without getting so bulky that they make the machine look like it can't move fast. The only things that look odd to me are the knee and waist joints, which seem a little spindly for what they support. otherwise, it looks great.
The concept of an EVA, or Evangelion unit comes from the anime "neon genesis evangelion" - an early 90's anime series that revolves around a cast of psychologicalically broken characters trying to stop an alternative universe apocalypse at the hands of eldritch alien gods known as "Angels" using 80-100 meter tall biological-cyborg-mecha called (wouldn't you know it) EVA's.

The concept of this was lifted by colette and put into some of his forum battles and fiction, and it has been borrowed by a few other people here, but my brain kept turning the cogs of "what would an EVA designed -not- by an arsehat with a deathwish work like" and this is the result.

The head being removed and systems re-embedded removes the threat of decapitation and system loss, using more cybernetic components rather than the risky EVA makeup and S2 engine reduces the risk of "Third Impact" (the in series awakening of an EVA to become a god in its own right) and the weapon system adaptations are lifted right out of collettes own forum battle, in which the Scythian Navy not only killed, but utterly destroyed an Angel making use of antimatter projector cannons.

This also lead to me breaking the "canon" of EVA units using number designations, because this thing lies utterly outside the mindset of the series and the other races in brikfiction making use of them, this is something altogether fucking different - UNIT-OMEGA isn't a test type, or a combat type - its an assault type, it's systems are designed to supplement it's traditional weaponry - rather than take on foes direct using it's AT field.

So, yeah - the one downside of this bastard is that it costs a magnitude more than any other EVA unit in the fiction thus far, but it's designed for technological arrogance and annihilation. Which is what it does really fucking well.

Pic related, the in series EVA-UNIT-01, fighting an unnamed angel.

And EVA-UNIT-01 again.

As for the joints, they are a bitch to work with - its the best I could to in LDD without resorting to ball joints, which would make it EXBAWX HEUG otherwise.
Spoiler
Show

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:39 pm

Yeah, but you still need a whiny teenager with mommy issues to pilot the thing. There's no getting around that.

Also I hate to reiterate this, but you really need to make the shoulder pylons more prominent (and probably space them farther apart) if you want people to recognize it as an EVA. Right now it just looks like a rather stocky mech.

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:20 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote: for the joints, they are a bitch to work with - its the best I could to in LDD without resorting to ball joints, which would make it EXBAWX HEUG otherwise.
What about the small ball joints?
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

newcowboy
Hero

Post by newcowboy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:45 pm

Also, something occurs to me. What general scale is this at? I mean, I'd like to know if one of these can use a frigate for a shortsword, or if its just larger so it can be FANCY!

Also, so I can prepare in case I have to deal with giant mechafists coming at my fleets.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:33 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:"Its other armaments consist of Twin Anti-matter enhanced Prog-Machete's. Rather than the Prog-Knife systems developed by the other races, the Prog-Machete is a cleaving weapon - using its AT-field enhanced capacity to cleave through matter and AT-fields alike, and then using Anti-matter in a magnetic field that collapses on contact with the target to catalyse and then annihilate the enemy. It is the single most brutal mellee weapon we have ever developed.
Progressive Weapons DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!

They're fucking vibro-blades man...

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:"Its other armaments consist of Twin Anti-matter enhanced Prog-Machete's. Rather than the Prog-Knife systems developed by the other races, the Prog-Machete is a cleaving weapon - using its AT-field enhanced capacity to cleave through matter and AT-fields alike, and then using Anti-matter in a magnetic field that collapses on contact with the target to catalyse and then annihilate the enemy. It is the single most brutal mellee weapon we have ever developed.
Progressive Weapons DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!

They're fucking vibro-blades man...
And in this case, it's an AT ENHANCED, antimatter filled machete vibro blade.

Y'know. If we are getting fucking pedantic.
Spoiler
Show

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:01 am

Anyways, I made more improvements to the OMEGA...