Nitronian Special Forces Scorpion VTOL

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

M220
Minifig

Nitronian Special Forces Scorpion VTOL

Post by M220 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:04 am

It's light. It's sleek. It's fast. And it's black. This top-secret single-assault scorpion vtol's sting can sure pack a punch with its small but deadly .50cal machine gun, which can instead be interchanged for a 40mm grenade launcher or a missile pack if necessary.

I know, not enough dakka. Well, for now at least. However, I've found it's survivability up until absolutely ridiculous. (In a recent operation in September G.R. 2014, it has somehow kept on flying after 3 turns of pummeling from a 14" supercannon (one shot happened to be an epic fail, so count it as two), and then proceeded to kill off some of the owners.) Well, as they say: twice stung, twice as deadly.

In case any of you are wondering at the sudden increase in image quality, I've borrowed my dad's new S5 and snapped a few random pics, which turned out to be this. So, if anyone reading this wants to get an S5 (either by buying it or simply nicking it for several hours), I'd highly recommend it.
Mnds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Re: Nitronian Special Forces Scorpion VTOL

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:33 am

This looks awesome. Is the scorpion tail there for only intimidation or does it serve a combat purpose?

M220
Minifig

Post by M220 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:04 am

It was intended solely for intimidation purposes, particularly against ground troops. As in, get outta here before my fifty cal friend is gonna rip you to shreds.
Mnds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.

Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Post by Zahru II » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:27 am

The tail gives it some degree of personality, which is always nice to see!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Poor Raisins
Champion
Champion

Post by Poor Raisins » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:09 pm

That's pretty slick, good job. I just wish there were some pictures from the top view so I could see the shape of the whole thing from the angle I usually see scorpions. And it seems like there's little wings in the back that I can't quite see from this angle. Also, I don't recognize the engine pieces, what sets are they from?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:46 pm

Zahru II wrote:The tail gives it some degree of personality, which is always nice to see!

Yup. I would, however, add some purpose to the tail. A comms array, targeting device, weapon mount, a coupling when it's docked in a bigger ship, something like that.

A top-down shot would also be nice. :rtfm:

Good job so far!

M220
Minifig

Post by M220 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:41 am

Hm.... I may consider it. After all, I could just change the vtol's purpose to be a recon/targeting aerial craft.

As for extra pics, sure, no problem:

Alex
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Alex » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:08 am

This is really cool. My only suggestion is more dakka. I'd definitely put some kind of weapon on the tail, like a special missile or something.

M220
Minifig

Post by M220 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Yes, a lot more dakka! I reckon maybe a laser ball-like turret and a missile pack will do the job. I kinda want to leave the tail alone though. But yeah, as of now it definitely needs moar firepower.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:15 pm

That is one badass gunship.
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Quadruple.Digits
Nice TRIPS

Post by Quadruple.Digits » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:53 pm

M220 wrote:Yes, a lot more dakka! I reckon maybe a laser ball-like turret and a missile pack will do the job. I kinda want to leave the tail alone though. But yeah, as of now it definitely needs moar firepower.
You're going to have a tough time achieving this without upsetting the balance of the fighter. I reckon try adding more machine guns to the nose, as they'd be sleek enough to add comfortably.
Quantumsurfer wrote:We are brikwarsian moral failures.

M220
Minifig

Post by M220 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Quadruple.Digits wrote:
M220 wrote:Yes, a lot more dakka! I reckon maybe a laser ball-like turret and a missile pack will do the job. I kinda want to leave the tail alone though. But yeah, as of now it definitely needs moar firepower.
You're going to have a tough time achieving this without upsetting the balance of the fighter. I reckon try adding more machine guns to the nose, as they'd be sleek enough to add comfortably.
mhmm. can do I guess.