Your most painful BrikWars death?

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:09 pm

DaCheez wrote:Had a rather unfortunate death in the last game. It took place aboard a space station, and one of the GM controlled units tried to vent the atmosphere out of a room one of my units was in. But he ended up rolling a critical failure, instead decompressing his own room, making him pass out from vacuum exposure. One of the other GM controlled units tried to restore oxygen to that room to save him, but also rolled a critical failure, thereby accidentally filling the vacuum with nerve gas instead of oxygen. Killed the unconscious unit immediately.
We want pics of that battlefield.

Now.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

DaCheez
Nice Dubs

Post by DaCheez » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:39 pm

Ok, I'll get right on it. It was pretty neat, though it was really just a bunch of baseplates put together (each one with walls, etc. all around to form one complete space station "module"). I'll upload pics shortly. It'll be in a new thread under Reports from the Field.

DaCheez
Nice Dubs

Post by DaCheez » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:04 pm

pesgores wrote:
We want pics of that battlefield.

Now.
I've put up a bunch of pics here: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 1030#31030
That's not a catastrophic failure - it's a painful success!

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:29 pm

My most painful death was when a Jackal with a shield and a pistol was trying to kill my last guy who was wounded and firing a Warthog's machine gun, anyway the Jackal is standing in the flames of a Banshee crash and is burned to death while missing the marine in the warthog

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:08 pm

IVhorseman wrote:a NOD army? pics please.
Sorry,re-read it.
My freind still has it.
Unfounrtantly,it is somewhere in deep,deep,deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep space(his GIGANTIC basment,seriously you could fit anthor house down there.) lazyness is also a slight factor. We have epicly awsome battles,like his brothere's 500 guys defedning Valdek's dark fortress with our remaing 1000 men crashing in to it... We have had a single campagin going on for 2 whole years now..... Current losess are:
Valdeks's Nod army: Casualtys:4500 Casutlys Inflicted:6500
GDA(Genral Attack Inatave): Casutlys:5000 Causltys Inflicted:2000
501st Cadian: Casutlys:7000 Casutlys Inflicted:2000
Dimmes: Casultys:?Casutlys infliected:500
Also,at the nukes thing: Our games are soo large that we have had Cpatial ship crash and wipe out hundreds and still keep on fighting. I only lost becuase i had about 500 guys left,and the nuek landed right on them. More fails from the cmapiagn:
Melta-Torpedo Bonuincg off NOD base Shields and flying into the GDA's super-heavy tank.
A Nod Soilder droping a grenade into the power grneartor. Damn,that was a big explosion.
A space battle,in which the GDA's Small ion-cannon armed space station shot at the nod starship. It went straght through it alright. And 2of my Cpatials,and six transports.
A Fialed drop pod assault;they bounced of NOD shields and explode when they hit the gorund.
And Fianally,when me Mini-Titan breached the nod base,my freinds brother used 20 missile-Launcher armed troops to fire at it. Having lost it's void shields in the fihgt getting in,it collapsed. Onto the tower they were standing on. The scatter die ruled that it fell sideways and curshed 100 Nod troopers....
My god it has been fun. And still on-going!
*Note-we keep using the guys over and over again,so this is a compiled report. One guy could hvae died a 100 times,we just resurect im.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:42 pm

one time, my hero (a skeleton king) tried to use a heroic feat on a ticking nuclear bomb and rolled a one. the bomb exploded, along with all remaining troops of mine. the other team had pretty much already lost, but this was a new cornerstone of having a tie misarably

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:46 pm

read the signature. the sad thing is that while it was only a 2-story drop, my hero deviated on his way down and fell headfirst onto the halberd of my opponent's demon knight, who promptly fed the hero's carcass to the hellbeast nearby, causing it to belch out fire and incinerate all the hostage civilians, thereby causing me to lose the game :(

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:49 am

Yesterday an enemy hero threw an entire dishwasher's worth of plates at my hero. His girlfriend Redshirted him out of the way, and was hit by 13 plates causing D6-2 damage each, for a total of 32 damage. It wasn't pretty.

Niflheim
Hero

Post by Niflheim » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:37 pm

In a battle I had about 5 days ago, My Space Pirate hero tried to headshot the Undead Knight Necromancer Hero on the other major team, but failed and shot a reflective armor panel on the ship. Then it came back and shot at the barrel of experimental skull control things and the explosives.
The result was not pretty.

In that same battle, a Bimmer Troll smashed the rock (which sets off the mines) Rolled a d20, Got A 20, thus setting off all 20 of the mines and 3 of them were by the rock, and also at full strength. They killed the Bimmer Troll.

*~*Niflheim*~*

jifel
Jaw-Jaw

Post by jifel » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Well, I had a battle with a 21 inch helicopter, and I shot the weapons off so it crashed into a single clone. Squish.

jifel
"And the angels of darkness descended upon pinions of fire and light...the great and terrible dark angels."

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:55 pm

One time, I was playing Brikwars with my not-so-little brother, and we started the game with three elites and two heroes each. I had just about plastered his heroes all over the field, when my littlest brother, who has a few legos, decides to join in. He decides he has this big bazooka missile that automatically vapes one vehicle from the face of the earth. He chose my really big and ossum Juggernaught. All my guys just got fried, including my remaining elites. Then, I teleported my reserve commandoes in, just to keep from getting totally owned. Among the commandoes was an Elite named Jonny T'under. He went body-shopping among the various dudes lying about, and ended up with a mini-gun, a knight's breastplate, and an astro's helmet. We instantly renamed him Jonny the Elite Supercommando. He then proceeded to fire his minigun at all the un detonated missiles on the battle field, which resulted in many of my bro's vehicles being consumed by fireballs of absolute carnage. Then, my brother concentrates the fire from all his remaining seige weapons, and impales Jonny the Elite Supercommando with a harpoon, then fries him with a blast from his Turbo Tank's main gun, hits him from behind with a heavy plasma bolt, and then blows his head off with a blunderbuss in the hands of his suddenly-resurrected hero. And with that, I lost :(

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:40 pm

While it wasn't very painful, my most humorous death occurred during a battle between a group of security drones and a few prisoners. One prisoner grabbed a hot dog from the food court and whacked a drone with it to devastating effect. He latter took down a weakened prison door with the hot dog to save his best friend. Thus, he was dubbed "the Hot Dog guy."

Another funny death was when an astronaut, armed with armor and a heavy weapon, spent three turns getting to the front lines and then was forced to bail all the way back to the base to dodge a mortar blast. Thinking he was safe, he started the long trip back to the front lines and was immediately nailed by sniper fire.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:20 pm

Most humorous. My heavy axeman sprinted up to a bazooka guy, made his skill roll, and for damage got....two 1's. We decided the axe bounced off the armor, and cut the axeman/s legs off.
everyone < massam

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 am

one of the worst death's i caused was with a giant laser sataleite in space which disintergrated one guy and melted most others in the area becuase the damadge was that massive it could of destroyed the basemats it was that high
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Giant Evil Rabbit Mech
Battlefield General

Post by Giant Evil Rabbit Mech » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:36 pm

One of my cheapest deaths was when I was doing a battle in a swampy jungle with my two of my younger brothers. Their were several base platforms, safe spots, and the rest of the table was deadly swamp. My hero, Kit Fisto, was standing on a platform when the older of my two brothers hero, Ideana Jones, used his horoic feat to jump out of a moter boat and kick off Kit Fisto's head. Needless to say, he sucseeded :(. And it was only the first or second turn of the game! Soon after that my younger brother's hero, a mega bloks pirate named Scooner, killed the driver of my other brothers boat, and pushed Indy into the swamp, killing him. Thus two heros died in a turn.
People who are dead do not have to worry about dieing.