Strider Technologies' X-001 Raven

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Carda
Officer

Strider Technologies' X-001 Raven

Post by Carda » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:15 pm

Strider Technologies is a new face in the crowd. Dedicated to the ideal that modern tech actually can compete with Artifact mechs, they have paced themselves at the forefront of the industry. Their first experimental craft is the X-001 Raven, a jet-powered sled of sorts:

When polled on the subject, leading executives in the Big Three (Largo Initiative, Thortek Industries, and Beta Enterprises) expressed skepticism that such a vehicle could be worthwhile on the battlefield, especially with almost no cover for the pilot. StriderTech responded with a demonstration, showing that even a low-ranking DimTrooper in the Imperial Armed Forces could pilot the vehicle with sufficiently deadly results:

StriderTech has received an order from the IAF for a decent-sized fleet of the Raven jet-sled, and has announced that it intends to reveal several new weapons of warfare by the end of the month.
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:20 pm

nice it looks good i think you might be able to put more armor plating on the top but other then that it looks good. :D
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:31 pm

pff. armored plating. if anything, i'd say LESS armor and more speed! true brikwars armies are littered with dangerous crap with complete disregard for safety - friend OR foe.

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:33 pm

Needs a bigger engine. Also, that's a Jaw-Jaw your running over, not a Dimmy, or even a Timmy. Put the Jaw-Jaw head on the stupidest body you can find, and then you've got a Dim-Jaw.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:32 pm

He never said it was a Dimmy, he said the trooper piloting the sled was a Dim-Trooper.

This is a really cool little sled, I think the only way to improve it would be to load it up with explosives and send it straight at the enemy base! This seems to be very good for medix and mechanix that need to zip around the battlefield in a hurry.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Foggy
Officer

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:02 pm

Pimp your Sled!
Put circle saws on the edges of the mouth.
Harpoons in the mouth.
BIGGER ENGINE. Of doom, preferably.
In general, moar spikes, cowbell, and fire. Lots and lots of fire.
"We're not here for story time people, lets talk about all the sexy violence!"
-Yahtzee

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:31 pm

I'll cover some of the details about how the Raven works in actual gameplay (granted, half of this stuff I just made up as I typed, which is the BrikWars way, is it not?)...

You say it needs a bigger engine? It's got TWO JET ENGINES, guys! It may be ground-bound but the sucker can fly across the battlefield. I'm estimating between 12 and 16 inches of movement. Of course something that fast can't stop on a dime, so if the pilot is killed or bails out, the sled keeps going straight in the direction for a full movement unless it's stopped by a solid wall or its own destruction. (I'm thinking this happens as soon as the pilot is removed from the equation, even on an opponent's turn.) The trick is that the way propulsion works, you can really only turn in place and throttle forward or backward in a straight line. All the best carnage this thing is capable of happens between point A and point B...

That big yellow thing in the middle might be what you guys think is the engine, but that's actually the fuel pod. See, the sled actually "eats" anything it plows through and converts that into fuel. So that jaw-jaw that you see chewed up in the photo above would give the sled another 1 or 2 inches of movement. So the trick is to try to line up as many enemies as possible, because each one the sled devours powers it a little further to the next one.

...Now the circular saws on either side of the "mouth" are an EXCELLENT idea. ^_^ As is the More Cowbell plan, although I've yet to see a Lego version of one.
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:33 pm

IVhorseman wrote:pff. armored plating. if anything, i'd say LESS armor and more speed! true brikwars armies are littered with dangerous crap with complete disregard for safety - friend OR foe.
I was thinking for the looks not safety.
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

The Lizard King
Hero

Post by The Lizard King » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:49 pm

HAHAAH!!!
Awesome pics!!
"I Am The Lizard King, I can do Anything"

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:05 pm

yay, jaw jaw killing

RedSarge
Battlefield General

Post by RedSarge » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:12 pm

That is absolutely MEAN! :twisted:
It makes the perfect ramming vehicle for smashing into jedi's or other hard targets like champions.
Getting back into the LEGO scene.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6514/rsasig3qz.png
The above creation is AWOL