Band of Heros

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

LegoEggo
Champion
Champion

Post by LegoEggo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:16 pm

Nah, just a big bunker.
Member of ULUG

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:37 am

How about this: two warring nations are separated by a deep chasm with one narrow bridge and fortified towers on each side. Call the sides the Red side and the Blue side, if you like. Even better, the chasm is a Dealdly Chasm of Non-Stupendousness, meaning that all heroic Feats attempted above or across the chasm will automatically fail.

Now the funny part is that a bunch of Red heroes have gotten stranded in the tower on the Blue side, and a bunch of Blue heroes are holed up in the Red tower. They can't get back to their home countries because they'll be killed by the guys in the other tower if they try to cross the bridge. Their only hope is to hold out long enough for their own country's army to rise up and take out the other tower. So while the Red heroes are under siege from the Blue army, the Blue heroes are also under siege from the Red army, and the army sizes get bigger as described in the earlier posts. Once one of the armies takes out the enemy heroes, they'll be able to safely rescue their own heroes back across the bridge.

How do you like that? Both players get to play heroes and armies, and it's much better consequences to motivate haste.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:45 am

And the towers should be on fire. And also the Dealdly Chasm should be on fire. And also when you play, the dice should all be on fire.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:05 pm

. . . but cold fire.

jack3.5
Champion
Champion

Post by jack3.5 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:57 pm

I like both Mike's idea and Master JJ's idea.

The Alamo actually did receive a few reinforcements so the reinforcements coming for the defenders would be like a one time thing about 5 turns in. other than that I think the mechanics would work fine even with a bunch of heroes owning on an entire army. Also it would be the most in line with Brikwars cause it is all about carnage and with the defenders knowing they are going to dye they would be more inclined to just let go and kill the minifigs.

*sniff* alas I don't have the amount off minifigs to play a game like this yet :(
"2005 rules in PDF it is like a dream come true"