Blast from the past

Like a Dewey Decimal system of destruction

Moderators: Scratch, OneEye589

Gorthaff
Minifig

Blast from the past

Post by Gorthaff » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:31 am

Intro: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=14835
A Hellian spec ops squad from the days of Dominion'a call, stuck on the moon of Rigel Kentaurus, with a mission they never got the order to begin. They are desperate they are angry, and the only thing keeping them going is their hatred for a world that has abandoned them.

They are storming the building of FLEETCOM HQ, their original objective. They have to disable the massive OT orbital cannon, and capture the Scythian admiral. The only thing that has changed, is that the war is over.

Intel:

This will be kind of like an RPG. Evribody who wants to play gives a character, with a name, perhaps some fluff, and what equipment they want, and I'll do my best to provide from my limited minifig collection. Each of you will have two HP, to balance out random bullshit, and I suggest you bring at least a medic and some heavy weapons.

Six players I should be able to handle, and post your orders in this thread, we will do the whole thing here. The first thing you'll have to decide is how to approach the building.

First to post has dibs, sign up if you are interested.

PS.: I swear I'll try to finish this one.
I couldn't come up with anything smart, original or funny, so <=THIS=> is what you get.
ENJOY IT!!!

bann154
bann is the mann

Re: Blast from the past

Post by bann154 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:39 am

My hero is Bann the Hammer he has heavy armor a hammer and small ranged weapon.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:04 pm

Lucian Mcfray. He's a gunslinger wild-west type but with a twist. He can enchant his pistols to modify their stats/ ammunition type. He has dual pistols and preferably a scarf and cowboy hat, maybe even a cape.

Gorthaff
Minifig

Post by Gorthaff » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:06 pm

You're in.

Lucian McFray

Lucian would have been out of place in most modern militaries. In the Hellian special forces he seemed right at home. His recuritment was the result of the brasses scavenger policy. Tghey would not let good talent go to waste. Even if it meant corecion or brainwashing, the Department of Defence would get their hands on a soldier who caught their eye. And caught their eye McFray did. Having singlehandedly held off a platoon of milita sent to subdue his village on a low tech planet rich with Blue Transparent he earned the right ot serve for Hellios. Thts the only way his hometown would be safe.

Lucian McFray wields two mass driver pistols shaped like revolvers for tradition's sake. Unlike most spec ops troopers he wears his traditional garbe even in hard vacuum, preferring to keep his enviroment stable himself with his alchemy, instead of the Rapid Assault Armour. He says he doesn't trust the technology.

Unbeknownst even to his superiors, his cape and hat are sewn with the circular symbols necessary to perform his magic. Each of them grants him a supernatural D8. He may utilize them to augment his pistols or perform rality defying feats associated with westerns.
I couldn't come up with anything smart, original or funny, so <=THIS=> is what you get.
ENJOY IT!!!

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:09 pm

My hero is called Harry Sachz, a long-haired (former) space truck driver armed with a crowbar/lead pipe and a shotgun.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Gorthaff
Minifig

Post by Gorthaff » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Yer in

Harry Sachz

The USA immigrant fuel transport captain harry Sachz may look unassuming at a glance. The band of Space pirates raiding his vessel four years ago certanly did not expect him to be serious opposition. This did not stop him from single handedly slaughtering the entire boarding party, then proceeding to ram his freighter trough the pirates reactor core. All this with a simple coolant pipe ripped from the wall, and while blasting Jon Bovi trough the PA system at full volume. This stunt immediately earned him a promotion to special forces. Now with multiple years of service he is one of the most dangerous people to meet on a spaceship.

Harry is armed with a Hellian standard issue scatter driver, and the coolant pipe from his freighter. He kept it as a lucky charm, and because it makes such a wonderful sound when he bashes someones had in with it.

Harry was a freighter captain and logically retaind his skill as a Pilot.

Harry may summon the power of hair metal to go on a berserking rampage, or do anything you might expect from a texan truckdriver.
Last edited by Gorthaff on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ENJOY IT!!!

Gorthaff
Minifig

Post by Gorthaff » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Sorry I haven't seen bann's post for some reason, you're in.

Bann the Hammer

The original name of Bann the Hammer is lost to theages, buried under the pile of gore left in his wake. Starting service over a decade ago he served in the expeditionary forces as a heavy trooper, and demonstrated his ability over and over again. Having turned down the offer to join the special forces three times, he had been dishonorably discharged for unusual cruelty against civilians while quelling the insurrection of Ammoudia. With nowhere left to go, he joined the special forces of his own accord. The brass considered the two dozen corporate employees his recuritment took a fair bargain.

Bann is armed with a sidearm and the mighty warp hammer. An experimental melee weapon designed for hardsuits. He wields it with his bare hands.

His heavy armour system comes with a built in jetpack to close to melee distance.

His combat experience and strong phisiqe allows him to accomplish feats associated with muscle bound hechmen.
ENJOY IT!!!

L-Man
Officer

Post by L-Man » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:34 pm

I'd like to join in too. My hero will be Ellen Marx (a gurl, yay!). Bout' the looks? Blond-haired, preferably dressed in black, armed with a light rifle. She may not offer lots of firepower, but instead manipulates her surroundings with an arsenal of various psionic abilities.
"Friends are like trees. If you hit them with an axe, they die."

Gorthaff
Minifig

Post by Gorthaff » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:41 pm

Yer'in.

Ellen Marx

Having manifedted latent psionic abilities at early childhood, Ellen Marx was kidnapped by a hard liner collectivist movement. The Insurrectionist cell was planning to rally the colony's worker population, and use her as an icon of resistance to the Corporate state's exploitive rule. They didn't count on having to deal with a terrified five year old girl, who has just lost her parents. And has potent psionics she can't yet understend much less control.
Spec ops operatives sent to liquidate the cell where faced with the hidout coated in thin red paste, and a heavily traumatized child. Not letting such an opportunity go to waste, Ellen was taken in, and traned from childhood as a psionic operative.

Despite her young age and fragile exterior Ms Marx is a force to be reckoned with. Sporting the Hellian standard issue battle-driver her true power comes from the supernatural d12 resulting from her psionics.

Should she decide to concentrate her effort forfeiting movement for the turn, she may gain an additional d12.

She may perform feats associated with female secret agents, and psionics. (Sarah kerrigen, nova, black widow, EVA, the MAjor etc.)
ENJOY IT!!!

Legomc
you don't nessesarily think about what you are saying

Post by Legomc » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Hell, I'll join.

Valdilshaw Putinsheik is the manliest, buffest and Russianest nurse. Yup, a nurse 'cause you always need a doctor. Vald grew up in northern Russia. He killed 13 bears by the time he was five, but always had a knack for healing people. For example, when his brother broke an arm, Vald said, "Here have vodka." Actually, that's about the only way he "heals" anyone. The weird part is that it actually works. :mystery:

Looks: As stereotypically Russian as possible, and armed with a knife and some "medical" vodka (which would function as a minifig tool for Ker-Triage!)
TheVengefulOne wrote:
XxXTheEdgiestMemeXxX wrote:>I believe Concave Dolphin is a very balanced and well-rounded team. However, Concave Dolphin could benefit from a healer and a tank. :tiger:
If you mean Concave Dolphin could benefit from being run over by a tank, I think they already have.

L-Man
Officer

Post by L-Man » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:44 pm

To tell you the truth, I have never played Starcraft, or even seen its gameplay. So, up until now I had no idea how my character concept is similar to Nova (and Ghosts in general). Oh well.

Gorthaff
Minifig

Post by Gorthaff » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:58 pm

Yer in!

Wladilshaw Putinsheik

The spec ops only accepts the best warriors, and Mediks are no exception. Hence Wladilshaw has benn recurited into the spec opds medikal corps. Having grown up un the permanently frozen planet of Oymaykon. On the fringes of the USSSR he learned to handle himself early in his life. He won the Igor Mengele prize for outstanding medical advancment at the poetically young age of twenty. This is not in the least diminished by the fact that it was on the illegal gambling game by the name of makao. His carieer in the Union was cut short when one of his succesful heart.transplant patients died of postoperative complications. Namely alcohol poisoning.
After fleeing to the Corporate State, he quickly enrolled in the special forces. Now he is probably the most dangerous in close combat of his squad next to Bann. And he preferres to be called Nurse.

Wladilshaw is obviously a Medik. He is also ridiculusly powerful, and can suplex mutant bears. Each of his free armes qualify as a one handed melee weapon.

He may chug his Immortaltech (TM) Infinibottle of Kalinka Vodka witch grants him the power to perform feats associated with drunken russians.

PS. I'd like the last character to be the teams XO. If that's not what you had in mind, gimme whatever you like.
ENJOY IT!!!

Gorthaff
Minifig

Post by Gorthaff » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:10 pm

If, noone signs up by tomorrow, I'll make the last character, and whoever wants may take over. Meanwhile you should decide how to approach the complex.

Nick an arial transport and come from the top floor. That's how they do it in all the movies!

Walk in the front door, they surely won't expect that.

Be sneaky! Come from the rear garage.

Have the Major distract them, while you scale the balcony with the cannon.

I'm expecting turn 0, perhaps turn 1 by tomorrow evening. That should be about noon for you American types.
ENJOY IT!!!

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:52 pm

I'm down for an aerial drop. If anyone is in near range and it won't attract attention, I use my magik to bend my billets around to hit them. Otherwise, I save response fire.

L-Man
Officer

Post by L-Man » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:08 pm

RedRover wrote:I'm down for an aerial drop. If anyone is in near range and it won't attract attention, I use my magik to bend my billets around to hit them. Otherwise, I save response fire.
Air strike sounds nice.
My initial plan was to sneak my way to the garage, knockout/daze guards with psionics, then the rest could follow up safely, but I'm open for ideas.