The Southern Continent (Duerer gets medieval on your asses!)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

The Southern Continent (Duerer gets medieval on your asses!)

Post by Duerer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:01 pm

The Great Empire of the Southern Continent remained a peaceful and multicultural haven for several years. However, as the Emperor Ljuban III died, his son Borislav of Lavigrad took over and ruled over his subjects with an iron fist. The Elven Kingdoms and the people of Govina felt more and more discontent with Borislav's rule and decided to break up. A war between the free people and the Loyalists of Lavigrad broke out, which turned the evergreen plains of Govina into barren wastelands, where its survivors are struggling for survival. The remains of the Southern Empire did not manage to gain any land from it's former subjects and had to retreat, giving the Elves a brief period of relief. For how long, though?

The Human Empire of Lavigrad
The Human Empire of Lavigrad emerged from the remains of the Great Southern Empire and seeks to expand it's influence over it's neighbouring realms.

King Despot Borislav of Lavigrad is the ruthless leader of the Human Empire. No one dares to question his authority or motives, out of fear of torture or execution. He has no spouse, as he feasts on his female subordinates. However, he is no coward at all and is ready to make his hands dirty, if odds demand it. Refined skills in sword fighting make him a deadly opponent in battle.

The unwashed peasantry, that just wants to earn a cheap buck, enlists for the army and become the Spearmen, that take on guard duties or act as cannon fodder on the battlefield.

The Swordsmen are composed of the slightly less unwashed peasantry and form the actual mainstay of the Human army. Having shields and swords, they are slightly less likely to die a miserable death on the battlefield.

The Hordes of the Govina Plains
The people of the former Kingdom of Govina are now scattered across the wasteland, that used to be their homeland. Before the Great War, they were considered as second class citizens by the people of Lavigrad, now as mere barbarians. Under Mirsad the Strong, the warrior clans, that emerged from the ruins reunited to fight of the threats of the wasteland and defend themselves from Imperial forces.

Berzerkers have little to no armour, yet are extremely deadly in close quarter, as they chop you into several bloody pieces in no time.

The Huntresses are deadly and agile warriors, that prefer to fight on horseback. These all-female raiders are usually sent to intercept lost caravans for supplies or to scout the area.

Shamans are spiritual leaders with an extent knowledge of ancient history and herbalism. Some claim to have a spiritual link to ancient spirits, which is still disputed.

The unmatched Warmaster Mirsad the Strong leads his hordes to victory against the Imperial armies of Lavigrad. Both a ferocious warrior and a cunning tactician, he is feared by most Imperials and loathed by the King Despot.

Unified Elven Kingdoms
The Unified Elven Kingdoms were formed from the High Elf Kingdom, the Wood Elf Tribes and the Realm of Dark Elves to fight against the Human armies of Lavigrad, who are hellbent for oppressing the Elven population. These Elven peoples have yet to overcome their own differences, however.

Unlike their kin, the Dark Elves have pale flesh-like skin, which is considered ugly by most humans, while most non-humans won't even bat an eye. Another unique trait of the Dark Elves is their grotesque weaponry, with the war scythes of the Guards being a prime example. Their range is incredible for melee weaponry and offers the wielder enough distance from the enemy.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

bann154
bann is the mann

Re: The Southern Continent (Duerer gets medieval on your ass

Post by bann154 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:40 pm

:fist: Dammit man! You've done it again with your well done armies! I look forward to seeing more of your stuff. Also the king of Lavigrad kinda looks like the burger king
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Lord Terrostar
Champion
Champion

Post by Lord Terrostar » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:25 pm

I think this is my favorite fantasy army so far (I don't usually look at them). What is that thing your human king is carrying? It looks like a jar of honey.

(Hello all. I am unfamiliar with forum etiquette. If I do something wrong, please inform me in a civil manner.)

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Lord Terrostar wrote:What is that thing your human king is carrying? It looks like a jar of honey.
Was supposed to be a globus cruciger.
Winning Contest Entries
Show

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Love the amount of medivo stuff going on lately. :D

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:09 pm

Not on my ass
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:10 pm

The Huntresses wear the skin of their enemies.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:51 am

The Empire of Lavigrad uses huge Ballistae for tearing down fortifications or destroying bigger constructs. Because of their precision, these weapons are preferred over the inaccurate catapults.

With enough space for 6 small fire bombs, the Grenade Lobber is the prime choice for mowing down infantry. It can fire up to 3 bombs at a time or save them up for continuous fire.
Winning Contest Entries
Show

Titos
Champion
Champion

Post by Titos » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:13 am

I'm loving that grenade lobber, well done!
The Holy Empire of Aldebourne: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13671

“Nothing confuses an officer like violently agreeing with him.”

Chicken Tenders
Champion
Champion

Post by Chicken Tenders » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:56 pm

I love the scythes for the high elves! That's a great design. I really like your three factions here, the King of Lavigard looks great, and I'm always a big fan of a horde. Those are also a great pair of siege weapons, that ballista looks awesome!
(\_/)
(^-^)
(_--_)*

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:01 am

The Undead Hordes
To the East of the Empire of Lavigrad lies the Ancient Kingdom. Here lie the corpses of an extinct civilisation, that just rose from the dead and prey on the living. What was responsible for the resurrection of these ancient warriors? :mystery:

Bone Archers - Armed with crossbows and full of calcium, nuff said.

Bonezerkers are the mainstay of the undead legions and the most fucked up of the whole flock!
Winning Contest Entries
Show

runnybabbit223
worth a try if your desprate

Post by runnybabbit223 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:42 pm

Duerer wrote: Bone Archers - Armed with crossbows and full of calcium, nuff said.
Who is this "Nuff" everyone quotes??
Last edited by runnybabbit223 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3... 2... 1... DRAGONS!

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:14 am

Enough is enough! ~ Nuff Said

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:06 am

High Priest Dragomir is a very influential figure in the High Elven society, for he is leading the Cult of Svetlana, the Goddess of Light. He is a very old man, who ran the Cult for decades and assisted several High Elven kings, not without trying to influence them for his own goals. Dragomir wields a huge halberd, that is big enough to cut well-armoured soldiers asunder.
Servant Đuro is Dragomir's personal assistant and much younger, than the High Priest himself. After losing his parent during the first war against Lavigrad, Dragomir decided to take charge of the young orphan and decided to guide him through the teachings of the Cult and some hand-in-hand combat. Occasionally, Đuro acts as a spy to uncover conspiracies against the King or the Cult of Svetlana and prefers to use a hooked whipchain as his personal weapon.

Repost:
Controlled by the soul of a fallen High Elf warrior, the Avatar allows Elves to serve their people in death. Armed with two massive blades, this construct can slice through hordes of infantry with cutting precision. However, it's use is quite controversial among the other Elven communities, as they think, that the dead shall remain in the underworld to get their well deserved rest.
Winning Contest Entries
Show