Glass breaking...

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Tarren
Dimmy

Glass breaking...

Post by Tarren » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:57 pm

How would it work for a minifig to go through, and break glass.
For instance, a dimmy is on a train track, while Bob (yes, the sniper) and his drunken buddies hit him while driving a small train, causing the dimmy to go through the windshield.
Damage? does he stay there? Should I fudge it?
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:48 am

Given that BrikWars uses action movies as its basis for realism, I would bet that minifigs can go through as many plate glass windows as they like without ever once severing an artery or taking any other significant damage.

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:59 am

I think his brain should explode.

Assuming dimmies have signifigant enough brains to explode

Tarren
Dimmy

Post by Tarren » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:20 am

Rayhawk, im talking dimmies and...well, everything. If a train was coming at you at top speed, and you went through the window, im pretty sure you'd be dead, at LEAST from hitting the train.
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.

Mohawk
Champion
Champion

Post by Mohawk » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:58 am

Rayhawk wrote:Given that BrikWars uses action movies as its basis for realism, I would bet that minifigs can go through as many plate glass windows as they like without ever once severing an artery or taking any other significant damage.
That's probably the case if the minifigs actually break the glass... but what if they don't?

I had an experience with glass that refused to break a number of battles ago, and ever since then, all the glass we play with has been upgraded to "Bullet-proof", allowing it to roll 2d6 in its own defense. And typically, at least one '6' is rolled, so... yeah. Unless the minifig is rolling at least 2d6+1 in support of shattering that glass, he's much more likely to imitate a fly on the windshield of the train.
They don't call me 'Darth' Mohawk just 'cause I tell 'em to!

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:51 am

Charge rules would be involved somehow.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:28 pm

I think there is a different set of criteria we are addressing here. In cases where minifgs are using lances, axes, rifles, etc. to smash glass on vehicles so they can attack the operators directly, I have found that most efforts are unsuccessful without anything less than a halberd and/or explosives, since even standard Triplex windshields are resistant to harm, particularly as they tend to roll lots of sixes in defense!

However, in cases involving vertical plate-glass, such as in a shop window or skyscraper, where the material is just plain old ordinary glass and the minifig is simply trying to bust his way out, I suppose it would be more reasonable to suggest that you could simply smash through, as these are not necessarily made to the same specifications.

Note to self-- experiment further with glass structure...
Were it that simple...

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Rayhawk wrote:... I would bet that minifigs can go through as many plate glass windows as they like without ever once severing an artery or taking any other significant damage.
There was a mythbusters episode about this, many minor cuts and one or two really dangerous injuries.
I don't remember how fast it was going though
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:44 am

as far as cuts go, hardened glass is safer when you bust trough. as it forms smaller shards that are less likely to harm you when it breaks.

(of course, they are harder to break trough)
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:28 am

Rayhawk wrote:Given that BrikWars uses action movies as its basis for realism, I would bet that minifigs can go through as many plate glass windows as they like without ever once severing an artery or taking any other significant damage.
That's like the ultimate action movie cliche, so Ii'l go with that. :]
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:47 am

According to the 2001 rules the glass has an AV of 1, so you could go with that I suppose.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

CreatioNZ
Hero

Post by CreatioNZ » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:01 pm

At my club we would fudge it, giving it a stat will make it too predictable... anyways, splattering dimmies is the way to go...

ColourSchemer
Officer

Post by ColourSchemer » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:43 am

Shaeph wrote: There was a mythbusters episode about this, many minor cuts and one or two really dangerous injuries.
I don't remember how fast it was going though
They threw the ballistics gel body down a bar, using normal human strength.
Rayhawk wrote:... I would bet that minifigs can go through as many plate glass windows as they like without ever once severing an artery or taking any other significant damage.
Unless it's an evil lair's glass floor, then you have to shoot it once with a Walther PPK.