Army Calculator

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

penguins
Battlefield General

Army Calculator

Post by penguins » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:24 pm

Hello, I know I am new here, but I have been a huge fan of brikwars for a long time now. Although I hated making the armies, due to the annoyingness of adding lots and lots of numbers. So I decided to make a army calculator:
<a href="http://brikwars.thebigsqueak.com">brikwars.thebigsqueak.com</a>
I am open to any suggestions, bugs, questions, and comments if u have any.

I hope you enjoy.
<a href="http://brikwars.thebigsqueak.com">Brik wars army calculator</a>

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:06 pm

Whoah. That is an intimidating amount of weapons.

Cool anyway. I need to use this.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:09 pm

Whoa, that's cool.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:10 pm

AmmoMan wrote:Whoah. That is an intimidating amount of weapons.
They're all the weapons from the 2001 rules. Go ahead and use them, but take note that 2001 weapons are NOT balanced for use against 2005 armor values for different guys. It's okay to use them, but you'll get some really weird results.

Mr. Duck
Hero

Post by Mr. Duck » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:12 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
AmmoMan wrote:Whoah. That is an intimidating amount of weapons.
They're all the weapons from the 2001 rules. Go ahead and use them, but take note that 2001 weapons are NOT balanced for use against 2005 armor values for different guys. It's okay to use them, but you'll get some really weird results.
Sounds funny Me want to try
Eat less duck!

All hail the King Ducky!

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:13 pm

I will have to try that. I haven't read the 2001 rules, so i didn't recognize it.

...something i need to do over Manly Santa Day vacation...

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:27 am

There are no words to describe the awesomeness of your achievement. Thank you.

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Completely awesome
thanks!

One bug is that you can't take things off the list, the little red X dosnt work
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

penguins
Battlefield General

Wohhh

Post by penguins » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Wohhh thanks a lot everyone. I had no Idea it would be so well received.

Shaeph: humm, it works for me. What browser are you on? did it not work for anybody else?

Do people use the 2005 rules more than the 2001, It would be simple to create a second app just for them. :D

Glad you enjoy everyone. Thanks for the input.

~penguins

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Re: Wohhh

Post by pesgores » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:59 pm

penguins wrote:Wohhh thanks a lot everyone. I had no Idea it would be so well received.

Shaeph: humm, it works for me. What browser are you on? did it not work for anybody else?

Do people use the 2005 rules more than the 2001, It would be simple to create a second app just for them. :D

Glad you enjoy everyone. Thanks for the input.

~penguins
Yes we do.

Great work!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:05 pm

I use the 2005 rules only because i printed them out first. That and the 2001 rules are really long. I'm going to read the 2001 rules soon though.

penguins
Battlefield General

He he he

Post by penguins » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:07 pm

Yea, the 2001 rules, basically have more rules in them, not as much room to fudge stuff. Although some of the rules are really annoying.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:13 pm

So ignore those rules. Or mess with them to your content. It says to do so at the beginning of the rulebook.

penguins
Battlefield General

Post by penguins » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:18 pm

yea I saw that, but when u are playing with friends that use them, the game just gets more like work and less like, "I chuck a coffee cup at a roaming troll. It goes over and attacks, u die", or "Critical failure 0.o", less stupid and fun, in my opinion.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:32 pm

Found it.
the 2001 rulebook wrote:0.1.1 Rules
-----------

"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
- Henry David Thoreau

There are an awful lot of rules in this manual. Many players feel that this runs contrary to the spirit of playing with plastic building bricks. This is not actually the case. This opinion stems from a mistaken belief about the nature of rules.

Almost any person involved with the creation and enforcement of rules will try and convince you that you are obligated to respect and obey them - whether they are the rules to a typical board game, the local traffic laws, the Ten Commandments, the laws of physics, your national tax code, or the Geneva Convention. This is simply not the case; rules have no inherent authority and human beings have no inherent obligation to respect them. Which rules you choose to follow, and to what degree, are entirely a matter of personal choice (although most people choose to remain blissfully ignorant of this fact). The consequences of breaking rules may be quite severe (which is why, for example, most people elect to continually abide by some form of the Laws of Gravity), but in many cases the crime is more than worth the punishment. The only danger when breaking a rule in BrikWars is the possibility of angering the other players; as long as you can keep them happy then you're encouraged to break and ignore as many rules as you like.

When you go to a restaraunt, do you order one of every item on the menu? Unless your name is Russel Agdern, the answer is no! You make a selection of items based on taste, budget, appetite, and whatever fad diet you currently follow. When you crack open a phonebook or dictionary, do you try and memorize every page? Of course not! You go straight to a specific entry, put it to whatever use is required, and more likely than not, forget all about it within a few minutes. If you're going to play BrikWars, you have to treat the rules like your collection of plastic bricks. Get a feeling for which pieces are available, choose the ones that best suit the model you are trying to build, and go. The pieces you're not using are best left in the box, but keep the box handy in case you need to make modifications later.

When you were a small child creating plastic-brick cities and castles, you didn't need any rules at all; your natural imagination was enough to keep things running. This is the aesthetic height to which BrikWars aspires. Unfortunately, as life progresses our minds are subjected to a steady bludgeoning from such things as public "education," gainful employment, bureaucracy, legal disclaimers, and tax forms. Our brains atrophy and we become dependent on the rules and regulations that are imposed on us. This is the only reason this rulebook is provided at all; it is a set of mental training wheels. The less you need to use it, the prouder you should be.

We've designed the system so that you can (and should!) safely ignore ninety-nine percent of the rules ninety-nine percent of the time. This is especially important for first-time players, for whom the rules in the later chapters of this book are simply too intensive to be appropriate. A group's first few battles should be simple and straightforward, in order to give players the chance to decide which of the Optional Rules they enjoy and which are a waste of time, and to establish the group's gaming style. Players that try to take all of BrikWars in one bite tend not to play a second time.

The majority of the rules are included to resolve arguments that may arise in unusual situations. If you can find quick and easy ways through less-conventional situations without heated debate, then you can avoid having to deal with these rules. Only the most foolhardy player will try to use all the rules, all the time; it will quickly become apparent which rules are essential, which will be reserved for occasional use, and which are never likely to be used at all. In BrikWars, only one rule is absolute:

---
THE RULE OF FUDGE
-----

Fudge everything your opponents will let you get away with.