people who have been banhammered

A friendly place for friendly people where we all play nice and share.
Forum rules
Play nice with n00bs in the New People threads. Save the abuse, trolling, and pr0n for everywhere else.
Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Re: people who have been banhammered

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:30 pm

natalya is an everything critic

Black Aquila
BrikWars Legend

Post by Black Aquila » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:45 pm

stubby wrote:Whiteeagle and Asterios both fell under the category of getting banned for normal stuff and the bans gradually increasing to permabans as they didn't improve. Both of them were breaking the Don't Try To Make Every Thread About You rule, for the most part.
O rly?
Not due to a legitimate criticism of a suggested rule change rustling your jimmies?

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:37 pm

On a completely unrelated note, how does Black Aquila have a space in his name? I thought we couldn't have those and that's why people use underscores sometimes?
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Black Aquila wrote:Not due to a legitimate criticism of a suggested rule change rustling your jimmies?
Whiteagle constantly complained about his not having a job not being his fault, and about how life was hard, and how everyone who tried to offer him advice on finding a job didn't understand why things were different for him. I personally understand being upset about having tough times, as does everyone else, but when you start diverting unrelated topics to talk about how it relates to your not having a job and making petty excuses for how everything isn't your fault, it gets extremely tiring. Brikwars is first and foremost about having fun, and if it's a chore for you and/or for other people you do to come here you shouldn't be coming here.

Asterios had a massive army of minifigs that was possibly the largest of anyone on the forums. He could have had a hundredth as many and still hosted a brikwar on the level of magnitude as ZZD if he wanted. I don't quite recall what he did that got him banned, but I feel like I remember him being standoffish and generally unpleasant to respond to. I've frankly forgotten him at this point but I remember he had ample chance to change, but he was the sort of person that got progressively worse instead of progressively better. Rayhawk or someone else will have to set the score straight on Asterios.
I do remember him getting banned from some other website for trying to sell minifigs on something that was inherently not a marketplace, or constantly trying to make a topic that wasn't about him be explicitly about him, or something like that. I don't remember the reason but I think it was eurobricks.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Black Aquila
BrikWars Legend

Post by Black Aquila » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:38 pm

mgb519 wrote:...how everyone who tried to offer him advice on finding a job didn't understand why things were different for him. I personally understand being upset about having tough times, as does everyone else, but when you start diverting unrelated topics to talk about how it relates to your not having a job and making petty excuses for how everything isn't your fault, it gets extremely tiring.
Except he wasn't always the one bringing it up, it was other people who couldn't STOP offering "advice" that kept derailing topics.

Further more, it was questioning why he should go to the effort to play-test Mike's change to Super Natural Dice if Mike was just going to throw out anything he had to say as a "non-opinion."

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:01 pm

who could be behind this post...

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:02 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:who could be behind this post...
I have no idea?
:mystery:

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:08 pm

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:00 pm

Shame on you for stealing whiteagle's identity and then not even pretending to be whiteagle
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Wit eagle you certainly aren't
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Black Aquila
BrikWars Legend

Post by Black Aquila » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:22 pm

mgb519 wrote:Shame on you for stealing whiteagle's identity and then not even pretending to be whiteagle
mgb519 wrote:Wit eagle you certainly aren't
Of course not, I'm too cool of an alias for that dweeb, hence why he should be unbanned!

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:00 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
mgb519 wrote:...how everyone who tried to offer him advice on finding a job didn't understand why things were different for him. I personally understand being upset about having tough times, as does everyone else, but when you start diverting unrelated topics to talk about how it relates to your not having a job and making petty excuses for how everything isn't your fault, it gets extremely tiring.
[WHITEAGLE PROBLEMS]

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
mgb519 wrote:Shame on you for stealing whiteagle's identity and then not even pretending to be whiteagle
mgb519 wrote:Wit eagle you certainly aren't
Of course not, I'm too cool of an alias for that dweeb, hence why he should be unbanned!
The Wheagle has landed
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:50 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
stubby wrote:Whiteeagle and Asterios both fell under the category of getting banned for normal stuff and the bans gradually increasing to permabans as they didn't improve. Both of them were breaking the Don't Try To Make Every Thread About You rule, for the most part.
O rly?
Not due to a legitimate criticism of a suggested rule change rustling your jimmies?
Nope. We gave him plenty of opportunities to make a legitimate criticism but, like every other problem he had, he never even tried. Instead he just spammed every thread on the board with his "legitimate criticism" based on nothing but his need for attention.

The rules change was neither here nor there; people suggest rules changes all the time and it's not a problem at all. At least a couple of other people had similar criticism on the same subject (Colette in particular), but they then went on to put thought and productive effort into it instead of just repeating the same idiotic copy-paste over and over into every unrelated thread for weeks and months and acting like it was some incredible injustice that no one else was going to do all their work for them. Perma-banning whiteeagle was the only way to get him to shut the fuck up and stop ruining the experience of everyone he came in contact with.

Asterios was a similar story. It wasn't that the stuff he was doing was so bad in itself, it was that if anyone was trying to have a conversation about anything he had to jump in and try to dominate it. Like whiteeagle, the guy compulsively had to take over everyone else's conversations, and finally the only way to make room for everyone to be able to focus on their own stuff again was to permaban him.

Trying to use the forum while guys like them were fucking it up for everybody was like torture. There are certain people who can't be happy unless they're keeping anyone else from accomplishing or enjoying anything, and those guys were prime examples. There's no room for them here.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:12 pm

Whiteagle is being booty bothered in the discord and threatening to kill Mike, it's hilarious.