Colette's Factions Directory

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Colette's Factions Directory

Post by RedRover » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:04 am

Beautiful. Love the designs!

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:17 am

Damn son, these are really excellent. You really captured Warhead's essence with these, while using your own original ideas and building style.

:tiger:

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:07 am

Dammit Colette, I literally finished that damn book yesterday and know you're giving me flashbacks. :fist:

Great work on everything though!
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:24 am

I like the Immortal vehicle shaping but please give them some sort of accent colour (maybe white but preferably orange). Looking at an all black block can be quite irritating at times.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:31 am

Very sexy. I like the red ring motif a lot.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:02 am

lawyorks :D

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:09 pm

United Systems Alliance

Freedom* and demockracy** for all***.

USA super-soldier Captain Murica serves as an inspirational role model and war hero to the troops, wielding a shield enchanted with PATRIOTISM and riding a motorcycle into battle.

Standard USA troops led by a Red Beret. The USA hasn't levied a draft in several decades, resulting in a military force filled entirely with the most hardcore, diehard 'Murican patriot volunteers.

A USA recon drone being controlled by a soldier. Lightly armed with a small machine gun, its main purpose is to scout out enemy positions.

A USA hardsuit, for wielding big weapons and lifting objects too heavy for infantrymen. This design was mostly taken from Silent-sigfig.

The USA Attaché mech is a complement to the existing Emancipator platforms, designed for infantry support and anti-vehicle roles.

Its guns can rotate up and down to switch between infantry and aircraft. It also mounts missiles as additional armament.

The Attaché also has a grappling hook (as opposed to a slash harken, because the USA military is not full of weebs), for pulling down statues of dictators and other purposes.

It also has a pair of jump-jets in the backs of its legs, for short hops across impassable terrain.

The USA Commissioner hover-tank. Although it never did end up replacing the Diplomat, the latter receiving several upgrades instead, several Commissioners are still around within the USA armed forces.

The rear, with a hatch to the interior. Clips on the rear of the turret allow for interchangeable modules, such as an antenna or a missile pod.

The turret can seat minifigs, who can man the mounted machine guns. The main gun can also move up and down, but IRL it's really fragile so I usually don't.

View of the hover engines underneath the armor skirt.

The USA Counsellor transport helicopter is designed to deploy and extract troops from the battlefield.

Side view.

The front and cockpit. Armament is light with only two machine guns, so usually an airstrike is called in to soften the landing zone first.

The interior has room to seat 5 standard USA troops.

The dual tiltrotors can swivel and move around for enhanced maneuverability and allow the Counsellor to turn on a dime.

The F-61 Demarché-class fighter-bomber is one of the biggest and heaviest fighters in the USA. These big boys are usually called in during airstrikes and can level good portions of cities in a bombing run.

A closer view of the cockpit with the pilot.

The Demarche mounts big engines to maintain an amazing speed for its size, both in atmosphere and in space.

It carries an impressive array of missiles and guns, including size-4 Peacekeeper missiles and several strafing guns that wouldn't be out of place on a tank.
Last edited by cleanupcrew on Fri May 28, 2021 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Really dig the high-tek hover-stuff feeling on the immortal vehicles.

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:04 am

Those immortals are my favourite immortal shard army I have ever seen! :tiger:

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:12 pm

M-Throne Empire

Whatever greater good the M-Throne Empire mysteriously pursues, its intergalactic army might be practically speaking the greatest "good" the BrikVerse has ever seen.

Once an extragalactic curiosity, small detachments of M-Throne troops are now an increasingly common sight throughout the Nehellenium Galaxy, for better or worse.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Police State of Venice

Last edited by cleanupcrew on Fri May 28, 2021 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:48 pm

VoL

As the rest of the galaxy slowly traded in their armor for suits, their weapons for money, and their wars for diplomacy, the VoL nevertheless persisted.

The VoL are among the few pure warrior cultures left in the BrikVerse, a fact in which they take great pride. Viewing the rest of the galaxy as having betrayed their true minifig roots, the VoL continue to raid and pillage their neighbors as they have for hundreds if not thousands of G.R.'s. A largely decentralized faction with little notion of diplomacy or economy, most of the major developed superpowers choose to ignore them, except for occasionally condemning their raids at AN meetings that the VoL almost never attend.

Each VoL warrior fights with the strength of 10 minifigs, a fact they credit to their harsh upbringing, emphasis on martial skill, and training since birth. These particular warriors wear the sigil of their king, a scorpion.

King Sigmund, the leader of this particular band of VoL, is said to be a little mad owing to his past as a berserker prince. He relishes the feel of cutting his enemies open with his OTCs and bare hands so much that he relegated ranged weapons to robot arms on his armor.

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:50 pm

these are all awesome. i want to put together a vol force, i think they're my favorite space race

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:38 pm

Great lore writing. It adds a nice perspective to brikversian events

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:05 pm

The little cockpit details are great inside the USA fighter