The Gold Sector Edge Crisis

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

The Gold Sector Edge Crisis

Postby Kastrenzo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:39 am

So,  I'm going to try not to have too many individual stories on the go at once,  but I went and built an interior just for fun, and decided to do something with it.  The purpose of this storyline,  is to essentially redefine the Red faction in the Gold Sector,  as they change from a Communist puppet,  into something new,  adding another dose to the clusterfuck.

Regional Capital Building, Vlodivik, Tesar System.

Several government and military advisors are holding a short notice meeting, on account of the dissapearance of the governor and former president, Stefan Tesarik
Praetorian Guardsman: "They're waiting for you. sir"
President James Lahey: "Lets get this shit over with then"

Lahey: "All right, I''m here,  be seated everybody"
Everyone at the table takes their seats

A woman approaches Lahey with a serving tray of spirits
Lahey: "Oooooh . a little drinkie-poo, don't mind if I do..... thank you m'dear"

Lahey takes his booze and walks to the front of the table,  speaking to everyone in the room,  already slightly inebriated from before he entered the room,  he walks into a counter and spills his drink
*bump*
Lahey: "Jeezus.. where did you come from... fella?"
Lahey: "Anyway... so everyone knows by now,  we got a shitty situation... Governer Tesarik hasn't shown up to work in over a week. "Therefore, I think it's past time we kick that angry shitsack to the curb... aint no sense in keeping that shitty, scheming Manipulator around,  If you ask me the only reason he was given the office was because there was no one to take the spot

Mariana Reznikov: "But did you actually have someone in mind to take the chair?... He is.. or Was, Governor of the entire subsector, Perhaps someone who actually has an economic plan...
Admiral Vladimir Kazakov: "Tesarik planned to build at least 3 new ammunition factories in the Amethyst Prefecture.. Is that not something?"
Reznikov: "Please... The army has enough power cores for us to fight off the Peach Supremacists for the next ten years if we needed to.  and the market is so flooded  with guns that the only ones buying our military goods right now,  are shits that just sell it right back to groups that want to kill us! How about something useful for the civilian market,  like replacing the electronics and luxuries factories lost in the war in the west?.. it's always about guns and bombs with you people!

Brig. General Stanley Voronin: "Hey! It's those guns and bombs that kept you alive!. It's guns and bombs that kept the savages contained in a couple shitty fringe systems on the sector outskirts.  You complain about the workers so much you'd be mistaken for a communist!"
Lahey: *Slurring slightly* "SHH..SHUT THE F*CK UP!"
Lahey: "Gerber is going to be taking over as the Regional Governer,  that's it. end of story!... And if Stefan finally does crawl out of whatever brothel or drugden he's been moping and raging in, I'll drop the news that he's out of a job."

Walther Gerber:  "Great!, I won't let you down!, I've got a plan to turn this region back into the jewel that it was meant to be!"
Lahey: "Uh-huh.  good m-my son"

Lahey: "Well, since we're done talking about that,  I know this doesn't concern the civilian leadership here,  but you might as well hear it. I wanted to ask why our military advisors... Stanley..."

Lahey: "STANLEY!"

Voronin: "What, what is it?"

Lahey: "Why do you think it's necessary for another Conscription drive.  Don't we have the Leviticans, Kamchatkans and Ulvarattans to rely on to fill the gaps on the frontlines?"

Voronin: "They can cover the gaps fighting the various rebel groups, but the Client states can't provide the forces we need for future campaigns. There's two divisions just camped out on their transports in the Purple Sector waiting for the Poles blessing to do anything over there without getting shot in the back.. And Trump is out of his mind,  blabbering on Twatter all night about taxing other empires or else he'll invade?  And he named us as their biggest threat in the USA's Southeast..  it's Bullshit!

Kazakov: "His point is that we're at an extremley elevated threat level, Between Trump going nuts,  the 45th ramping up support to our Peach Terrorists,  and the Soviets looking like they're coming back for another round,  we're looking at multiple potential conflicts that are going to need a lot of minifigs and a lot of ships. "

Voronin:" At least the Pact fell apart... that joke was over as soon as it began"

Reznikov:" But didn't the groups that left the Pact,  just go join the Supremacists?, And are we not forgetting that regardless of their President,  the USA was supporting the Confederates? Who's to say they won't start again."

KABOOM

Out of nowhere, a demolition charge explodes outside the room, Kazakov and Voronin are both sent flying onto the table while others scream and clamour

Everyone clamours and murmurs , confused over what caused the blast.  Praetorian Guardsmen rush to investigate
Lahey: *slurring heavily* "Whut the ffffuck was that?"

Voronin: "The f*cking gas line blew in this piece of shit building!"

Suddenley coming out of the smoke,  a bunch of armed minifigs clad in edgy red armor,  as soon as the smoke clears enough for them, they start shooting at everyone

Governor Gerber, Finance Minister Welch and the poor girl just working the bar, are all mowed down by the assailant
Admiral Kazakov rolls and hides his body behind the computer on the table, hoping the mad gunman doesn't see him, or that he isn't hit
Reznikov & Servant girl 3: *Loud screaming*

Lahey Peeks out from under rubble, the barmaid cowering behind him

Lahey: *Stammering and shouting at the praetorians*: "Well don''t just s-sssss-stand there you useless shits! ... t..t...t.tear em' apart!"

A bunch of bullets fly towards him and the girl, But they duck in time

Lahey: "Shit!"
Servant Girl 1: *Screams*

BZZZZZZZZZZ
The bodyguards activate their red bladed beamsabers and face down the assailants,  more of them come rushing through the smoke,  clambering over rubble,  sliding down angled debris and shooting.

A gunman steps onto the table and goes to shoot the Praetorian in the face...

But has his weapon destroyed by the beamsaber

The admiral steps up and sticks the barrel of his revolver into the gut of another gunman and blasts him point blank.

Gunman: "AAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Blood sprays all over the wall behind him

The other gunman meets a similar end, getting stabbed and cut apart by a beamsaber

The other Guard,  dives forward swinging his saber

He goes flying over the counter,  but slices his victim's head off all the same

Landing on the floor he does a roll, regaining his composure and quickly stabs the last gunman in the back

He looks out into the access hall from which the gunmen came

Praetorian Guardsman: "Perimeter Clear!.  the came in through the ultilty corridor!"

Kazakov: "Security!, Security!.. All units!.. assistance required in the meeting room!"

One of the servants cries holding her dead friend,  rittled with bullets
Servant Girl 3: *Crying*

Kazakov: "All units,  we have three dead,  repeat,  Finance,  and Amethyst Governor have been lost.  One staff also killed"

A few seconds later,  a flood of praetorians and heavy troopers storm into the room

Lahey: "I want all bases on full alert,  and all fleets moved into defensive positions until we figure out what the f*ck is going on!"

Personnel start milling out of the room and to separate secure areas

Kazakov and Voronin follow Lahey into the Govenor's office for a private discussion.

Lahey; "What the F*CK was that?  Surrounded by security and a couple of yahoos blow a hole in the goddamn wall!?"

Voronin: "Tesarik ran a shit show with the building,  for all we know there's sewer lines that were never cordoned off"

Lahey: "Are you shitting me?!"

In a rage,  Lahey smashes the huge pile of papers and envelopes on the desk, sending paper flying everywhere

Lahey: "Did everyone else just stop doing their F*ckin jobs when t hat crybaby went AWOL?... we should have held this meeting in Antares!.  But Noooooo, That brown noser Gerber wanted it here... and now he's on his back with a hole blown through his chest on the bar!.  idiot!"

Kazakov: "Give us control of the region until.."

Lahey: "No!, you're not getting another f*ckin title just to guard like a hawk.  it took me weeks to convince Shulga to let me have the fkin office I was elected to!.   You already have control by proxy with the troops on the ground,  

Kazakov: "Look, if you're unable to maintain control and security of the Empire then we're within our rights to reinstate the Triumvirate again...

Lahey: "F*ck off!.... I need a drink"

After tasting something from Tesarik's Liquor cabinet, Lahey spits it out in disgust

Lahey: "What is this cheap wine shit!.. Bullshit!"

In a drunken Rage he throws the glass

Lahey Logs on the computer and makes a call

Lahey: "Come on... answer me you jacked up asshole!"

Gen. Arkady Shulga: "Yes?"

Lahey: " Shulga! Where are you right now?  what system?"

Shulga: "Tusk... Just liberated a few hour.."
Interrupting
Lahey: "Wonderful, wonderful.. Listen,  shift all focus north,  load the troops and send your fleets.  All forward on Mozorov!.  The Red Bastards just tried to kill us!.  our meeting was attacked!"

Shulga: "Jim..."

Lahey: "What're you waiting for!?"

Shulga: "You don't know.   do you?... Mozorov's blown apart in another coup,  they've abandoned the Soviets -again-... This time they're swearing allegiance to the Trionians or some foolishness.. but that's not the important part,  Intel on the ground there suggests that Tesarik may be  involved.  Explaining his absence.

Voronin & Kazakov : "What the hell?"

To be continued
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Actually, it's a fuck off machine, haven't you ever seent one before?
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Re: The Gold Sector Edge Crisis

Postby Kastrenzo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:40 am

Reserved for EP2
Kastrenzo

Postby Kastrenzo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:41 am

Reserved for EP3 if needed
Kastrenzo

Postby RedRover » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:44 am

This is nice! Will it connect with the IM story you have?
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby TastySkippy123 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:24 pm

:omnom:
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board