Encyclopedia Medivo, Volume 3

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Re: Encyclopedia Medivo, Volume 3

Post by Zahru II » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:08 am

The Fury of Krumsh

More angles on flickr

It moves too
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:45 am

This is perfection! Any plans to use all this new stuff in some battles / perhaps another story?

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:00 pm

I can't really sync up tabletop with my current job, so I'm mostly building for the sake of it when I have access to my inventory.

ImageThe Terrorizer

More angles on flickr

It moves too

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:31 pm

:666:

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:57 pm

I wasn't totally kidding when I said that you should apply for a design job at Lego. Between the amazing aesthetics and the playability features of your stuff I think you could teach their design teams a thing or two.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:53 pm

The Krazy Kutter

As always, more angles on flickr

It moves too

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Fri May 12, 2017 1:24 pm

The Magmarokks are descendants of the Primal Furies, orphaned sons of living flame and rock. These jagged stone giants are as destructive and impulsive as their forefathers were, harboring a deep grudge and hatred for the orks of the West who are mostly responsible for their extinction after the ork Grimkor fell the first. They mercilessly destroy their outposts and settlements - in turn, the orks hunt them with equal fervor, as Grimkor's plans require the creatures' ever-burning elemental cores.
Yet, while just as savage as their ancestors, the Magmarokk are also wise enough to offer a momentary truce when both factions face mutual peril - if there is an ork shaman to speak for them, of course. In those cases, greenskin and everflame fight together as well-oiled machine, raising the question of just what they could accomplish if they shelved aside their differences for good.

Venge

Post by Venge » Fri May 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Oh look, another perfect MOC by Zahru, I'm off to go feel bad about my own MOC skills now.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri May 12, 2017 5:08 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:Oh look, another perfect MOC by Zahru, I'm off to go feel bad about my own MOC skills now.
Right? This is where the movie cuts to a rock-anthem montage where it shows you working tearfully late into the night for years until you finally emerge gray-bearded with a legendary MOC.

Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Sat May 13, 2017 12:47 pm

So, I guess it's makeshift faction update time:

With the undead forces on the rise, uneasy alliances are forged throughout the lands of Northeros. The most particular of these are the Norselands, where mortal enemies become sworn allies:

Introducing the Frystvall!

But hang on, weren't the rimegrizzlies mortal enemies of the Norse and sealed away for good (at least for the near future)?

That is absolutely right! However there were plenty of them still at large above ground, and while the Norse were still at large exterminating the threat, the return of a fabled figure in their mythos has set the two warring sides' history on a completely new course:

Behold, Melker Franz Sigvard, Jarl Supreme - one of the first leaders of primitive men to set foot in the Norseland, MFS is a revered figure in the Norse Pantheon that helped their civilization become the rustic, monster-slaying motley crew of badasses they are today. His disappearance was a mystery for many years, but now he is back! He wields Shiverslash, a magical permafrost blade and is more than ready to command the united North in their ever-so desperate battles for survival.

In truth, MFS has been put into the fantasy version of cryogenic sleep by the enigmatic Ice Queen (see above, she is represented by the regular blindbag mini) - an outcast elf who sought to take the title of Enchantress by force and was exiled for her misgivings. She resided as a neutral observer in the cold peaks of the Norselands for years before she was approached by MFS to help her quell the undead beast horde Warhead has unleashed. In turn for his life, she agreed and altered the creatures' metabolism, forcing them to periodically hibernate.

The Ice Queen kept MFS as a failsafe, a bargaining chip with which he could ally with the Norse if a danger even greater than the grizzlies would ever arise. Of course, sitting back while the Norselands kept periodically sacked by the furbeasts was still a bit poor form, but she figured thusly only the strongest generations of warriors shall survive.

Okay, but fluff aside what's new?

We'll get there but for the sake completeness let's look over what remained the same:

Rime Grizzly troops (warrior, berserker and icecrusher), basic Norsemen and the big warmachine are essentially the same. Granted the latter needs a good dusting. Oh and they have a Commander unit in the form of the Shieldmaiden, but that's essentially just the blindbag viking woman with new gear, see in the Overwatch.

Onwards to actual new stuff:

Slayers! Wulfgar's heroics live on as many Norse follow in his footsteps now. The all have the previously campaign only ability, Preferred Enemy.
Spoiler
Show
Preferred Enemy: the controller of this unit can pick an enemy unit or unit type at the start of the battle. The minifig gains +1 skill when fighting against such units.

Förbannad! These are Norse sinners and criminals who seek redemption for their misgivings, usually in the form of death in glorious battle. Becoming a förbannad involves a shame-shaving (in a culture where beards are as significants as for the dwarves, a bare chin is a tell-tale sign of one's crimes), then a penitence pilgrimage to a mountaintop where the repetant Norse cries skyclad for a final chance of redemption from the ancients and getting struck by lightning. Those who live through this ordeal become avatars of RAGE - even the fairly temperamental Norse think they're too much - with burning eyes, their hands permanently clenched around a spectral axe. The Förbannad usually serve a Jarl, who keep them on a short leash - having fearless killing machine can be quite an ace in your sleeve - although with the return of MFS, the Jarls all offered such troops to further bolster the Frystvall.

So yeah, long story short two microfactions are one army now - an army of vikings and undead werebears. They will probably get a Magmarokk-like ice monster eventually too.

Miscellanous updates:

Blaze Ironbreaker and the Imperial Battle Cleric got a facelift - it is a little funny that a secondary hero unit has more bling than some older campaign models but at the same time it looks cool so it all works out.

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Post by Dienekes22 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:35 pm

That cleric is ballin'
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

Venge

Post by Venge » Sat May 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Oh god yes, I loved the rimegrizzlies.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sat May 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Beautiful.

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Mon May 15, 2017 12:59 am

Oh hell fucking yes I'm loving the new Medivo stuff!

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Mon May 15, 2017 1:56 am

Zahru II wrote:shame-shaving
Haha, this is great!
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff