Crusader-Class Super Heavy Death Tank

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Crusader-Class Super Heavy Death Tank

Post by dilanski » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:28 am

14/06/17 Note: This post has been reproduced in my full Praetoria Rising post. I am happy with moderators deleting this post at their discretion. Or leaving it up.

So Colette suggested this was worth a post on its own, and while I was going to wait until I had the rest of the army completed, my dissertation is due and I likely won't get time for a good few weeks to even think about Lego. So here is a more in-depth look at what I posted to the facebook group.
Orbit to ground strikes are often used to create defensive craters from which Praetorian infantry can stage. Here we see one such crater on the beige planet of wince--ford VI. Inside a Crusader-Class SHDT disgorges marines into cover, protecting them from the hostile peach inhabitants of this world until the rest of their armoured division is ready to cover their advance into the nearby peach hive city.
The Crusader-Class was a direct response to the need for a weapons platform that can fight its way through the toughest of situations, while still able to function in the anti-insurgency role that the Praetorian Marine Corps often fill. Powered by a micro-fusion reactor, and equipped with Dark Blue Transparent enhanced weaponry, the Crusader will unerringly cut its way into the heart of combat.

Weapon systems are the main MkV coilgun, which will be making use of new cannon rules to fire explosive and incendiary rounds. a Dual-MkIII turret mounted on the front of the vehicle. A pair of MkII Turrets mounted on sponsons on either side. Six Dual-MkII Autoguns, 4 of which are mounted underneath the sponsons, and 2 which are mounted on the main turret citadel. Lastly a pair of launch tubes for 16 total MkII Rockets.

The Crusader is a quad-track vehicle, a design which allows for Infantry to exit on either side of the vehicle, with full covering fire from side mounted weaponry.

Behind the armoured ramps is the infantry compartment. As the Crusader will be expected to operate in a wide variety of hostile environments, the door controls include extensive atmospheric and environmental instrumentation. At maximum capacity 16 marines can be squeezed into the vehicle.

The front of the vehicle is given to the command compartment. Which includes room for the Tank commander, pilot and two gunners. Behind that is the large infantry compartment. At the rear is the engineering compartment, where a pair of engineers keep the fusion reactor running smoothly, and can diagnose issues on the fly. As the exits lack airlocks, all three compartments are pressurised separately.

The rear showing access to the fusion core behind a reinforced plug, as well as some of the ventilation systems.

Stay tuned for more in the future months. I have big plans for my return to brick based building. Other than that, comments are welcome.
Last edited by dilanski on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Re: Crusader-Class Super Heavy Death Tank

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:47 am

Hot damn that's one hell of a Tank, is there space in the turret for figs as well?
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:39 am

Beautiful aesthetic on this tank, some nice stylistic touches that I haven't seen before.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Yeah this is a very pretty piece of hardware. The main turret in particular has some great shaping on it.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Side view is gorgeous!
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:19 pm

This is the best SHDT design I have ever seen, great work.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:52 pm

Even on tanks, you're a master of shaping. Well done, mate.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:40 am

Thanks for the general praise guys. Was feeling a little worried about it as a few other vehicles I've been building to try and get back into the swing of things look really ugly IMO. Hoping the rest of the stuff I want to make turns out as well.
The Shadowscythe wrote:Hot damn that's one hell of a Tank, is there space in the turret for figs as well?
The turret is currently just empty. I want to rejigger it to have an accessible munitions compartment, but that will be dependent on whether the Cannon's rules get any changes, and how the maths on them work out when I get time to crunch the numbers. I guess If I wanted I could just squeeze some figs in laying down. Don't really see the point, unless I find two gunners inadequate, but I would likely be better off just giving over some of the Infantry compartment over to extra room for gunnery, as I am likely to never squeeze the full Infantry complement aboard.

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:04 pm

It looks very sleek, I like how it has a load of hardpoints on it, and the stowage bustle behind the turret is great. The details really give it pazazz. I like your pazazz.

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Personally the only thing I'd change is to cover the tracks around the section with the 1x1 panel squares. It looks like if you extend those squares out by another plate, and make the tiles on top of the side skirts 2-wide instead of 1-wide, it should cover them perfectly. I think they look fine uncovered at the end, but having them open within the bounds of the main body makes it look less heavily armoured in my eyes.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:30 am

At first I thought the kult needed at least two enemies...
And then I saw this.
:fu:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:55 am

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:At first I thought the kult needed at least two enemies...
And then I saw this.
:fu:
Yeah, I think this will be a nice and deadly war we have started here.
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.