Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Axeleron Chronicle EP. 1: Attack on Armol

Post by Bookwyrm » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:17 am

NEXT EPISODE: (~X~)

(Recommended Listening)
The village of Armol, just outside the boundaries of the western edge of the Wyrdwood.

Farmer: Good afternoon sir! I say, have you heard the news?
Shepherd: Aye, my wife said she saw the soldiers from Caerlon arrive this morning with that stranger in red and gold armor. What do you suppose they’re here for?

Farmer: Dammned if I know, but young master Kent seemed quite excited about their visit. Says that his ship’s finally come in.
Shepherd: Boy’s head has always been in the clouds, maybe they’ll be able to talk some sense into the youth, keep him from running off to the city to join the Renlothian army.
Farmer: Somehow, I doubt that will be the end result of their visit.

The Warden: I believe that will be sufficient, Captain Corrik. It has been many years since I last visited Armol, but not much has changed since then.
Captain Corrik: Very good. Are you satisfied with the security of the relic, Warden?
The Warden: I have never been fully in favor of keeping a Seal hidden this town, but we cannot keep them all under constant watch, and Tannis was always a great proponent of concealing things by keeping them in plain sight. I am reasonably sure that no harm will befall it here.
Corrik: Speaking of Tannis, here comes his progeny.

Galvyn: You sent for me Captain?
Corrik: Aye. This is the Warden of Bredon, he fought alongside your great grandfather.
Galvyn: It’s an honor to meet you sir!
The Warden: Likewise. You bear a striking resemblance to Tannis, may the Creator rest his soul.
Galvyn: My family has told me stories about your party’s adventures since I was a lad. Right now I’m training with the town guard, but I hope to join the Royal Army once I am able. I would be honored if you would continue my education once I move to Caerlon!
The Warden: I believe that might be able to be arranged. Corrik tells me you have been training hard, if you visit the capital in a year or so, I will provide a recommendation to the captain of the city guard.
*The sound of screaming townsfolk suddenly catches their attention.*

Washer Woman: Help! Fey!
Dullahan: Scour yon village and recover the Seal! The Evil Eye commands it! Leave none alive if thou must!

Galvyn: Unseelie fey?! What are they doing here? It’s still months until the Wild Hunt, they never venture this far outside the Wyrdwood until then!
Corrik: Tell that to them!
The Warden: I fear they may be here for the Seal. We must defend the village at all costs, it cannot be allowed to fall into their hands.
Corrik: Galvyn, mobilize the townsfolk and get the weak to safety! Men, to my side!
Galvyn: Yes sir!

The battle for Armol has begun.

AXELERON CHRONICLE EP. 1: ATTACK ON ARMOL

Key Info: This game will be a 3v1 scenario battle, and will last a maximum of six turns. Stats for units can be viewed HERE, and are adapted from Zahru’s Encyclopaedia Medivo.

Factions and Objectives:

--Humans (Team 1)--

-Armolean Town Guard: Drive off the attacking Fomorian Fey. (Bonus: locate and protect the Seal Artifact from being taken by the Fomorians.) -- Played by Captain-Camper

2x Guardsmen
1x Smith and Cannon
1x Captain Corrik (Leader)

-Armolean Townsfolk: Drive off the attacking Fomorian Fey. (Bonus: locate and protect the Seal Artifact from being taken by the Fomorians.) -- Played by TastySkippy123

3x Angry Townsfolk
3x Fearful Townsfolk
1x Monk
1x Galvyn Kent (Leader)

-Renloth Guard: Drive off the attacking Fomorian Fey. (Bonus: locate and protect the Seal Artifact from being taken by the Fomorians.) -- Played by RedRover

2x Renlothian Crossbowmen
1x The Warden (Hero)

--Fey (Team 2)--

-Fomorian Fey: Locate and steal the Seal Artifact from the humans. (Bonus: Kill off ¾ of the combined Human forces.) -- Played by Quantumsurfer

3x Redcaps
3x Rawheads
2x Revenants
1x Morrigan Priestess
1x Shellycobb Lurker
1x Dullahan (Leader)

The Seal is hidden in one of the boxes, chests, or crates that are scattered around the map, intermixed with the seal are other beneficial or harmful items in each container.

In addition, there are a number of secret objectives called achievements that can be discovered by performing certain actions or by interacting with the environment in certain ways. Discovering achievements is encouraged, as they will provide bonus Achievement Bennies that can be used in the same manner as normal Brikwars bennies.

Good Luck.
Last edited by Bookwyrm on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:43 am, edited 7 times in total.

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Re: Axeleron Chronicle EP. 1: Attack on Armol

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:30 am

Totally down for Fomorians. And again, I just want to say how much I'm in love with your designs.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:40 am

Fey if i may

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:51 am

bann154 wrote:Fey if i may
Aw sorry, Quantum already grabbed the Fomorian Fey, but they'll be a staple of my battles, I'll reserve them for you next battle.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:18 am

Stoked for this!

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:46 am

Townspeople, if I may!

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:33 am

i love those revenants

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:51 am

TastySkippy123 wrote:Townspeople, if I may!
Done and done.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:53 am

Bookwyrm wrote:
bann154 wrote:Fey if i may
Aw sorry, Quantum already grabbed the Fomorian Fey, but they'll be a staple of my battles, I'll reserve them for you next battle.
OH shit I'm paying attention so sorry :oops: This looks like it will be a fun battle I'm excited to see how it turns out :omnom:

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Re: Axeleron Chronicle EP. 1: Attack on Armol [TURN 1]

Post by TastySkippy123 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Should we send orders?

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:45 pm

TastySkippy123 wrote:Should we send orders?
Whoops sorry yes, please send orders for turn 1.

Turn Order:
Fomorians
Town Guard
Townsfolk
Renloth Guard

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:37 am

Those Fomorian Fey look really cool.

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Attack on Armol: TURN 1

Post by Bookwyrm » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:01 am

TURN ONE

Fomorians - Quantumsurfer

The dullahan moves into position and laughs maniacally...

afearing two angry townsfolk, a fearful townsfolk, and Galvyn.

The Morrigan priestess moves into range of the Shellycobb and casts Battle Rage.

However, the spell crit fails...

...Filling the shepherd's dog with furious anger. (The Townsfolk acquired a new unit, which can be given orders starting the next turn: Very Pissed-Off Dog)

The rawheads, shellycobb, and two redcaps all move towards the well and the townsfolk.

The other redcap moves to the nearest box and opens it, revealing a bunch of mostly worthless crystals (No effect).

The revenants get to work ripping up terrain. One tears a small tree up and swings it around like a bat.

The other hefts a heavy boulder into the air and hurls it at the townsfolk in its line of sight.

However due to being out of range by a couple inches, the throw falls short and the boulder breaks apart into smaller chunks that fly everywhere.

Town Guard - Captain-Camper

Corrik and his men spring into action and begin to move to engage the dark fey.

The smith quickly mans the cannon and re-positions it to allow him to get a shot off on the dullahan.

But the attack crit fails! The smith's shaky hands ignite loose powder and sets off a blast that blows a wheel off the cannon cart and throws him back, causing a point of damage to each of them.

Smith: Lousy fukkin no-good cheap-ass cannons!

Townsfolk - TastySkippy123

The fearful townsfolk steel their nerves and high-tail it to the blacksmith's barrel of iron weapons, dropping their useless tools. (Fearful Townsfolk are now considered upgraded to Well-Armed Townsfolk.)

Galvyn and two of the angry townsfolk engage the dullahan in combat, but despite decent rolls and Galvyn's leadership bonus, due to both the low damage nature of their tools and the fear effect still afflicting them, the blows deal no damage to the cackling headless horseman.

The monk moves in range to try and heal the smith from his injuries, but the diemons are not favoring him today and the healing prayer fizzles.

Renlothians - RedRover

The Warden snaps into action, his mind flitting through the many things he has observed around the town that might give him a tactical advantage. (Feat: Perception to reveal beneficial/helpful terrain features.)

Success. The Warden's eye is caught by some elements of the church, namely the Angel Statue that he might be able to use his powers of summoning and animation enchantment upon, and also by the lever on the side of the building as well.

He also takes note of the two red crystals that spilled from the redcap's box, which might also be of some use, though only to him. He decides to move towards the church since there are two tactical advantages in that general area, and come back for the crystals later.

The crossbowmen move to the wooden palisade for cover, opening the chest on their way and revealing a coil of rope (Single use tool, can be used to instantly scale up the side of the church, guard tower, large tree, or large rock terrain.)

The one crossbowman within range of the redcap near the crystals takes a potshot at the bearded bastard, and does a whopping ten points of damage, easily bypassing the redcap's armor and chipping off 1 health.

Turn 1 End Overwatch

Turn 2 Turn Order:

Town Guard
Renlothians
Fomorians
Townsfolk

New unit stats can be viewed in the stats Google Doc.
Please send orders for Turn 2!

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Re: Axeleron Chronicle EP. 1: Attack on Armol [TURN 2]

Post by Bookwyrm » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:02 am

TURN TWO

Town Guard - Captain-Camper

Corrik and his men position themselves between the onslaught of fey and the guards raise their shields. The captain uses Battle Cry

Corrik: Hold your ground men!

The men's resolve (and their skill rolls) are raised.

The smith regains his composure and quickly and efficiently smothers the fire and reattaches the cannon's wheel. Good as new.

Renlothians - RedRover

The Warden prepares to sprint to the chapel to gain a more strategic footing, but before he does, one of his men yells to get his attention.

Crossbowman: Sir! Catch!

He deftly snatches the coil of rope out of the air, and promptly books it to the chapel on the hill.

As he runs, he mumbles words of power to summon his mana of animation and summoning. (Feat: Interact with the angel statue with magic.)

Success. A bolt of energy lances from the tip of his Gatekeeper Halberd and strikes the stone angel...

Giving the construct artificial life and allowing it to move and fight. (The Renlothians acquired a new unit, which can be given orders starting the next turn: Animated Stone Angel)

ACHIEVEMENT GET: -Don’t Even Blink-
As the Renloth Guard, use the Warden to animate the Angel Statue.

The Crossbowman with an unused action fires another bolt at the redcap in range, but misses.

Fomorians - Quantumsurfer

The shellycobb circles around the well and opens the crate, revealing a broken bottle (no effect).

The dullahan hurls his flaming pumpkin into the midst of the soldiers and townsfolk, but flubs his skill roll, and the pumpkin sails over their heads...

Exploding and blowing a crate and the healing potions inside to bits, as well as blasting a chunk out of the guard tower wall.

The priestess calls upon the power of the Morrigan and hexes Galvyn with misfortune, making him unlucky until the next round.

The redcaps rush the soldiers and unleash a brutal combined attack on one of the town guards.

Their damage rolls are insane.

Despite his leadership bonus and a successful parry, the damage is still too much and the guard is butchered, a spray of blood and viscera showering the area.

First Blood goes to Quantumsurfer.

The remaining redcap opens the chest to find and apple (no effect).

One revenant rips and tears at the great tree, smashing bits of it and breaking it down, both because it wants a weapon, and also because I'm getting tired of trying to photograph around it and having it fall on my figs.

The revenant grabs a branch and leaves the rest of the tree in bits.

The other smashes its tree into the ground, ridding it of its leaves, and swings at the very pissed off dog, but the blow glances off.

The dog counterattacks, sinking its teeth into the bone of the revenant's leg, chipping off a hitpoint.

BORK BORK MOTHERFUCKER

Townsfolk - TastySkippy123

The two groups of townsfolk switch places, with the less armed villagers also rushing to the bucket to arm themselves.

ACHIEVEMENT GET: -Level Up-
As the Armolean Townsfolk, upgrade all Angry Townsfolk and Fearful Townsfolk to Well Armed Townsfolk.

The others rush towards the dullahan, but are unable to reach it to engage in close combat.

Despite the curse of misfortune inflicting him, Galvyn still manages to sucker punch the unsuspecting shellycobb and deal 1HP damage to it's chitinous body.

The monk was given no orders, so he simply repeated his last order and tried to heal the smith, but again failed the skill roll necessary.

Monk: fuck

The dog disengages from the revenant and sets his sights on another target: the priestess. He is not fast enough to reach her this turn.

Turn 2 End Overwatch

~KILLS~
Quantumsurfer: 1

~ACHIEVEMENT BENNIES~

TastySkippy123: 1
RedRover: 1

Turn Order:
Fomorians
Renloth
Townsfolk
Guards

Please send orders for Turn 3!
Last edited by Bookwyrm on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Re: Axeleron Chronicle EP. 1: Attack on Armol [TURN 2]

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:54 am

Weeping Angel. I'm triggered. I can't even blink.