Another Interesting offer

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Another Interesting offer

Postby Archduke » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:19 pm

(It's the meeting room once again, except this time the Archduchess is there instead of the high wizard, and Prezydent Małgorzata Sadow is linked to the screen)

Ato: Greetings,

Sadow: and to you as well,

Ato: I assume you have already heard of our transmissions to the IM, things are going well, I believe that the grounds for a lasting friendship have been laid.

Sadow: I have heard, and I assume that you have come to talk peace as well?

Ato: Correct indeed, we are trying to make friends as we prepare for conflict to come, now is not the time for enemies.

Sadow: Good, I look forward to the potential of an alliance after our countries have been at odds for so long.

Ato: Yes, an end to the tension is a welcome relief, together we (and our allies) shall form a strong force.

Sadow: You speak very poetically, but I hope you are a warrior too.

Ato: Yes, I am, and even when I am too weak to fight for myself, I have others much better than I in that field.

Sadow: Yes, we too have strong generals.

Ato: Our first order of business is reconciliation of our state, there are still fascist insurrection groups that we are dealing with, but we have intentions to fight on the side of the M-Throne empire if it ever comes to that.

Sadow: I understand, but I do not know much about what you bring to the table, tell me more.

Ato: We have a powerful military with many heavily armored vehicles (which like the infantry, are slower but can take a pounding), as well as the fact that we are at the forefront of medikal technology. We can heal almost any wound, except death... and paper cuts.

Sadow: I look forward to a brighter future as allies.

The transition ends.

Just then a Noble Captain runs into the room,

Noble captain: The transmission has been intercepted, someone else has overheard the entire conversation.

Someone else: Interesting, I must inform the Overbearer, perhaps he will have something to say of all this...

TO BE CONTINUED (by Duerer)
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Archduke
Minifig

Re: Another Interesting offer

Postby Duerer » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:49 pm

That escalated quickly!  :shock:
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby sahasrahla » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:00 pm

wow, i really like that helmet+sauron's eye combo
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:30 am

I wonder what comes next!
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby Duerer » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:17 am

Location: Bar inside the Presidential Palace, Nowa Warszawa, Unified Republik of Poland

Károly Szarvas: "So, you gonna accept the offer of the Austrians?"
Małgorzata Sadow: "Very likely. I mean more backup wouldn't hurt, considering we're behind schedule."
Károly Szarvas: "Schedule? I didn't know we were that short of time."

Małgorzata Sadow: "We were supposed to liberate Lietuva by the end of last month and we're still too much occupied with holding off evergrowing hordes of communists."
Károly Szarvas: "Heard of recent attacks on IM territory as well? It couldn't have come at a worse time than now."
Małgorzata Sadow: "Try to fill one gap only for two more to pop up on the other end. *slurp*"

Károly Szarvas: "I was just wondering why you went for an offer that came out of nowhere, instead of looking for the more established powers."
Małgorzata Sadow: "Because these more established powers are all stuck up crybabies who feel oh-so great by bullying some backwater nations yet get tired after fighting each other after just 3 years. Their leaders all pretend they already own the galaxy but probably never held a gun in their hands or know what it means to fight for a cause you believe in and..."

*TOK*
Károly Szarvas: "Everything's alright?"
Małgorzata Sadow: "Yeah, just hand me over another Icecrusher's Ale and I should be set."
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby Archduke » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:20 pm

A history Lesson
(trust me it will be worth it)

Austria was once a great empire, with control of hundreds of systems, it's sphere of influence was once as large as the U.S.A.'s today, it had a powerful army, and many allies. It's most notable alliance is when it joined forces with the empire of Hungary in order to form the the space Ausgarians (or was it space Austria-Hungary? I'm not sure.) However, this would all change. In BR 2,014 a frightening move pulled by an unnamed Archduke who was removed from the annals not long after, in which the Austrian empire abandoned all of it's allies and took up arms with the Space Axis, in an attempt to claim the Holy grail. (That was my first Brikwars game, I played a squad of Axis soldier and their tank.) However these efforts were folly, millions of Austrians died, and the army was reduced to almost nothing. Not long after Austrian was reduced to an overstretched empire containing only a handful of insignificant systems. Their former ally Hungary fell to the communists not long after. Things looked bleak as Austria fell into a regime meant only to perpetuate its self. People were starving, and the prosecution of peaches was rampant. The Archduke at that time was involved in a number of scandalous relationships at the time, producing dozens of potential heirs to the throne. But a Peach resistance was growing...
The Archduke, fearing for his power more and more each day, was influenced by an ambassador to the USSSR, until eventually the Archduke was found dead under "Unknown circumstances" leaving a communist official in charge of the government.
The official lead a great purge of all of the Archduke's children, killing all but one of them, Ato.

Ato had been raised on the Planet Orchard, and was the oldest child of the former Archduke. He had been raised by a group of religious militants who called themselves "The Burghers". They trained Ato to be a leader, and someday, the Archduke.
Near the beginning of the BR 2,016, the Ato mustered a massive military force, and took back the systems of Austria, one by one, gaining ever more support from the local populous as he went.
By the end of the year Ato had re-conquered the whole of Austria from the communists, and had even expanded the nation towards the IM. He held a massive victory parade to commemorate his crowning as archduke, and introduction of a new, peach-run state. (I took the army to a lego-con)  Not long after the beginning of BR 2,017 Ato is still rearing his state, and fighing off local insurgencies, but now he knows that the time is ripe to announce his presence to the galaxy, and call upon the aid of powerful governments to be his allies.
Austria is not yet restored, but it is ready to fight...

Thanks for sitting through that (or just scrolling over it  :wink: ), so here is your reward:
Thanks!
Archduke
Minifig

Postby Archduke » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:56 pm

A Vow of Good Faith

Polish official: Thank you for taking me here, your hospitality marvelous.

Arbiter Barron: You are very welcome, but we have one last surprise for you...

Arbiter Baron: Behold, our newest project, the first wave of ostrich mechs!

Polish Official: Very impressive, but do you not have better mech making capabilities?

Arbiter Baron: The reason this is so interesting is not quality, it's quantity. We just made this entire batch one hour ago, we can produce these incredibly cheaply, and in a matter of minutes. We can outfit an entire division in under a day!

Polish Official: Very impressive...

Arbiter Baron: These machines allow our soldiers to travel across difficult terrains for weeks on end and still not get tired, as well as providing them with better aim, and increased body armor. We are considering increasing the caliber on our rifles, because the a suit can handle much more kick, and keep a larger gun more stable.

Polish Official: The people back home will be most interested in this I suspect.

Arbiter Barron: Please remember, for now these walkers are top secret, we are telling you about them as a vow of good faith, please keep this secret only between out two governments. Understand?

*The Official noddes*

Arbiter Barron: And understand, that if you betray both of our governmants by giving these military secrets away, we can turn you into a red smear on any forgotten planet we choose.

Polish Official: I understand, I shall not betray you.

Arbiter Baron: Thank you my friend, safe travels, and may your empire last forever.
:tiger:
Archduke
Minifig

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:58 am

I wouldn't make threats against polonia... Wait I would and I have because I'm a crazy weirdo
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby Duerer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:43 am

That official has swag. And the ostriches themselves are quite a beauty on their own.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby Archduke » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:34 pm

A Call To Arms

Ato: I have come here today, in order to inform the populous of the subject of this morning's governmental vote.
As you may know, we are currently construction an alliance with The Unified Republik of Poland, and last night I was informed of a deadly attack on their land, this brutal attack on a civilian populous will not go unpunished, and so by an 80% majority, the Arch-duchy has decided to declare war on the Greater Empire of Lietuva.

*Surprised murmur from the audience*

Ato: We must answer our allies call, and fight this disobedient menace. Not to mention that these traitors have allied themselves with the Heathen Assyrians!

*Angry Cries from the audience*

Ato: And so, we must fight, for the protection of our allies, and the hope for a brighter tomorrow!
I have already approved our war plan, Operation Hailstorm, now this plan is top secret, but I can inform you that this plan is based around pinpoint attacks, which should strike with deadly effectiveness.

Aid: Sir, you need to go.

*Ato exits*

Archduke
Minifig

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board