Tome of Axeleron (Bookwyrm's Factions)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Noktu
Officer

Re: Tome of Axeleron (Bookwyrm's Factions) [NEW: THE FEY COU

Post by Noktu » Mon May 08, 2017 7:20 am

Awesome, we need more fantasy mayhem!

Shellycobs, Dullahan & the Wicker Man are my favourites from here!

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sun May 14, 2017 11:55 am

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................WOW.
:tiger:
How is this possible? :mystery:
FORUM BATTLES. NOW.
:studgod: :omnom:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Post by DJ Squidley » Sun May 14, 2017 5:35 pm

BEES, NOT THE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
I seriously love this army, there's so much mythology to it and so much variety, multiple races that you'd picture fighting against each other, especially the monstrous looking ones. But no, its original in the sense that they're all a big coalition, this makes them look so much more friendly and ossum, it reminds me a bit of something in the Narnia books! Keep up the epic building!

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed May 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Woah, there's a whole bunch of really cool stuff here! Digging the Mantis Riders and most of the fey spirited creatures, very nice indeed.

Caelondian
Champion
Champion

Post by Caelondian » Tue May 23, 2017 6:35 pm

These are amazing - those Rawheads are awesome, in particular; they're absolutely brutal. Can't wait to see these in action!

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Tue May 23, 2017 7:34 pm

woah
oh my brikthulu
oh my 2x2 dread pirate
:studgod:
I WANT TO BATTLE WITH THESE! FORUM BATTLE THESE!
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Wed May 24, 2017 6:40 pm

holy crap... SImply put this is one of the most visually engaging and exciting factions I have ever seen on this board in a long time*. Fantastic work!

*this may or may not be because I am sporadically active in the best of circumstances.

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Thu May 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Thanks all for the compliments, I feel almost like an actually valid builder now! New material and updated photos will be forthcoming, for now I just added the photo of Titania.

For those of you asking for Forum Battles, fear not, for I have already begun! You can see the battle currently going on HERE, and hopefully in the future I'll be putting a link to the current episode in the OP.

(Also, Runs! You're in CO? I'm also in Colorado! What area are you in?)

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

[NEW: THE DUNGEONMASTERS GUILD]

Post by Bookwyrm » Mon May 29, 2017 1:18 am

THE DUNGEONMASTERS GUILD

Overwatch and Key Faction Info:
In the time following the creation of the Traveler’s Society, and the Edict of Mallacke, which made the Dungeon labyrinth buried beneath the continent of Avross the property and responsibility of the nation of Eldoth, the amount of adventurers and their subsequent quests to rid the land of danger increased exponentially. Due to this, dozens of races of monstrous creatures were hunted to extinction, and hundreds more were nearly exterminated. If not for the constantly changing state of the Dungeon network, many more would have faded into oblivion. In the wake of this mass war on monstrous races, representatives from a secret cabal of dark wizards and bounty hunters that opposed the Traveler’s Society were sent to offer these downtrodden creatures a deal; if the creatures would unite under a common banner of leadership and act as the soldiers of the cabal, the group would in turn provide protection and resources to allow them to strike back at the civilized folk that had taken their treasure and the lives of their kin. The subsequent combination of the brute force and varied power of the monster races with the strategic and financial savvy of the cabal was enough to turn a fractured smattering of minor irritations into a well oiled mercenary force known for its brutal efficiency and willingness to snuff out any party of adventurers, albeit for a high price of treasure. Over time, their reputation grew and more races of creatures pledged their loyalty, and thus was the Dungeonmasters Guild formed. In addition to their pay as troops for hire, employees of the Guild are permitted to keep 75% of all treasure and equipment looted on the job.

UNITS:

Myconid Grunts
Due to their quick, spore-based reproductive cycle, Myconids are one of the more prolific monster species native to Avross and thus make up the backbone of the Guild's footsoldiers. There are actually several tribes of Mycondids that are employed by the Guild, the largest two being the Amanita tribe and the Psilocybin tribe. Not all Myconids are as hostile and bloodthirsty as the tribes commonly hired by the Guild; the Basidio tribe in particular is mostly peaceful. However, the vast majority of the Myconid species has become warlike and greedy under the influence of the Guild.

Gelatinous Cube Evoker
Many wizards and mages with darker inclinations found the treasure and conquest offered by the high council of the Dungeonmasters Guild to be too great an opportunity to pass up. These practitioners tend to end up serving less as frontline fighters and more as handlers and facilitators for some of the less intelligent monster species of the Guild. In particular, it was discovered that utilizing the various conjurers and summoners to teleport in vast swarms of acidic gelatinous cubes was incredibly effective at devastating more lightly armored troops. The most skilled evokers have even learned how to psychically direct their hordes.

Juvenile Owlbear
Fully grown Owlbears are almost too large and slow to effectively employ in combat scenarios, and their immense appetite and agressive and territorial behavior makes them more trouble than they are worth to the Guild. However, the beast masters of the group have learned that besides being easier to feed and manage, juvenile owlbears are more manuverable and more readily controlled and directed in battle. Thus, the Guild captures and maintains a collection of around a dozen or so semi-mature owlbear cubs at once. The Guild's chronomancers are currently looking into artificially stunting the age of these creatures so as to keep from cycling through so many at a time.

Last edited by Bookwyrm on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Re: Tome of Axeleron (Bookwyrm's Factions)

Post by TastySkippy123 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:29 am

Wow, this is so clever. Great use of Minecraft slimes.

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Mon May 29, 2017 2:41 am

Those myconid grunts are somewhat terrifying
Image Image

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Mon May 29, 2017 12:49 pm

I still really love the shroom people
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Post by DJ Squidley » Mon May 29, 2017 1:48 pm

Aww, Owlbear, love it!

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon May 29, 2017 8:46 pm

those grunts are a fucking dreamteam of fantasy style and lego charm. Great work!
also check your messages dude, I live in the central rockies

Darthnox129
Officer

Post by Darthnox129 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:38 pm

This is all amazing. I love the D&D references with the Dungeon Guild, and the Fey Courts are the perfect mixture of cool stuff from mythologies and brikwarsian awesomeness. Literally the only unit I didn't think at least looked good was the kobold miner, which is understandable since the build you used involved pieces that don't come in many colors. Those revenants looked awesome, and so much else was great that I can't list it all. I am a bit sad because I was going to include Redcaps in my fantasy army and now I have to call them something else and change the appearance because they would never capture the murderous look of them as much as yours do. I lost my Joffrey's Seal of Approval but know that it is well deserved.
AnnoyedZebra wrote:Those myconid grunts are somewhat terrifying
Also I agree with Zebra, the myconids are one of the most terrifying BrikWars units I've ever seen. Like most stuff that would be frightening in real life just looks cool in Lego, those things look like they're from an indie horror game
Studs for the stud god, bricks for the brick throne.

Yeah, I play Tau in 40k. What? Of course I have friends, why would you think I didn't?