A "Darkstorm" in a teacup

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

A "Darkstorm" in a teacup

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:11 am

Because why not. I'm British, OK? We have tea on our minds a lot  :wink:
This is the story of how the fifth alliance discovered the Darkstorm Empire

After the successful creation of the portals and the discovery of the rest of the multiverse, an emergency meeting was held. These meetings were held in a secret temple hidden somewhere in the forests of central Alkeria.

Hiremas Alkerith: I am glad that we have finally decided to end this war, and  I hope that the fifth alliance will greatly help us all. But it is not enough. With the discovery of all of these new worlds, galaxies and systems, there is no way we can possibly survive on our own. We successfully fended off one attack yes, but many more will come. What course of action do you suggest we take?

Gree: As you say, we have already defended one attack. Surely my men could repel any others that come? It would be free of charge, of course.
Hiremas Alkerith: Gree, despite all of your army's firepower, there will always be bigger armies out there. We can't afford to take a chance and risk total invasion.

Aldebraan: You are suggesting that the fifth alliance itself is not strong enough? We have two demigods Hiremas, three if you count HIM.I do not feel we are in a bad position at all, but-

Hiremas Alkerith: "Brother", I have heard tales of an Immortal empire of some kind. Every, single, soldier is a demigod or something similar. If they were to invade us, we would stand no chance. This *Powers up display table* is a ship that was spotted by one of our scouts in a large, densely populated galaxy we found. Transmissions we intercepted show it is an "Akkadian" ship, and our pilots report it was PLANET SIZED. If a ship like that were to attack us... we and everything we know would be lost.

Shadow: *Appears out of nowhere * I might just be able to help with that...

Miles Ripley: Shadow? What are you doing here? This is a secret meeting! :???:
Hiremas Alkerith: What the-
Aldebraan: Should I know you?
Shadow: I am Shadow. Before I talk, I would like all of your associates to leave this chamber. I wish to speak with the five, and the five alone. *Vanishes*

Miles Ripley: Uh....OK? *All of the second in commands etc. Leave the chamber*

Shadow: *Reappears* I never told you where I came from up until now, did I?
Hiremas Alkerith: No, you did not. But I don't see-
Shadow: I am actually a powerful Darklord from another universe entirely. I came here after the first portal was opened as a messenger from the DARKSTORM EMPIRE. The empire is looking for recruits for a new alliance, and you have been selected as candidates. Your extensive knowledge of portal technology and Aldebraan's dark powers makes him an especially suitable candidate. You would be given a high rank, and Darkstorm would treat you well. What do you say?

Hiremas Alkerith: WHAT??? You'd better not be joking Shadow...

Shadow: I'm perfectly serious, now, will you join us?

Gree: I don't know. What kind of protection would this "Darkstorm" empire offer us?
Drill-X What he said!
Aldebraan: I still don't know who this mofo is  :fist:

Shadow: Complete protection against otherworldly threats, and a lifetime's supply of playboy magazines.

Gree: Wait... did you say....PLAYBOY???  :all: COUNT ME IN!!!
Hiremas Alkerith: God dammit gree.

Lurtz: I will also join this alliance.

Aldebraan: Darkness ever joins with Darkness. I agree to joining, but WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY???

Drill-X I automatically sign whatever is put in front of me! Count me in!

Shadow: And you Hiremas?
Hiremas  Alkerith: I don't know... I don't know...

Aldebraan: Hiremas, you talked about an alliance, this is our chance!
Gree. Absolutely! And just think of all of those magazines...

Hiremas Alkerith: OK... fine. I'll join. What harm could it possibly do?  :warhead: *Invites terrible danger and everything to go wrong somewhere down the line.

Shadow: Good. I shall report this news back to Darkstorm. Farewell!

*Vanishes*

Hiremas  Alkerith: I'd better report this to my men.
Aldebraan: You talk to your men?  :wtf:
Hiremas  Alkerith: Yeah. That's how we kick your asses.

*Vanishes*

Gree: Huh.

Sorry this was a bit of a long one, hope you enjoyed!
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Have a look at my current forum battle!
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Re: A "Darkstorm" in a teacup

Postby Darkstorm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:54 am

:excellent:  I couldn't have done it better myself!
Also, Hiremas Alkerith is a minichrome...a white one... *oh god, I have found myself a perfect rival, but I am allied* :whoelse: *this will be epik later in the storyline!*
:phil:
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:28 am

Darkstorm wrote::excellent:  I couldn't have done it better myself!
Also, Hiremas Alkerith is a minichrome...a white one... *oh god, I have found myself a perfect rival, but I am allied* :whoelse: *this will be epik later in the storyline!*
:phil:

What's a minichrome? I've heard you mention such things quite a few times, but have been to lazy to look them up meself  :D
Also, thanks for the compliment! I tried to keep it as kanon as I could while adding some "Brikwars-ness" to it. Also tried to make some nods to the bigger factions, while keeping them largely unknown, since the Alkerians don't have a clue as to what's going on atm.
We are definitely going to have to go to war at some point in the future, but I think that Alkeria reluctantly staying for now while closely monitoring the kult's activities in preperation for some kind of epik betrayal later one is going to be good..
Ii'll try to come up with more of these storylines, I'm also planning on a forum battle at some point in the future as well.

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Darkstorm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 am

minichromes are a play on monochromes, figs made of exactly one color. Darkstorm, for example, is completely black- even the head. H.A. went all white (except for the hand), so I thought "ooh, all white!"
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:47 am

Darkstorm wrote:minichromes are a play on monochromes, figs made of exactly one color. Darkstorm, for example, is completely black- even the head. H.A. went all white (except for the hand), so I thought "ooh, all white!"

Oooooooook... I guess you learn something every day...
H.A's hand is blue to represent the energy coming off of it. His arm wasn't always BT. It was lost after his death at the hands of Aldebraan. After his death Alkerith was forced into the wraith world, where he met Spectre. After some time he, (Having to resort to the dark arts) rebuilt himself into a living being again, but it came at a price. His face was scarred (Although he did use dark magik to fix this, but now he tries to keep himself "pure" by leaving it as it it most of the time) and his left arm was beyond repair. He was cursed to remain forever as a half wraith. This means he can't die (He was biologically immortal before though, so it doesn't make that much difference), but he does suddenly erupt into bursts of violent rage, and is kind of undead. However, he gets loads of really powerful wraith abilities such as the vanishing which you saw in that story, and he also has a kind of x ray vision where he can detect life forms (But not unorganic objects like tanks etc), and his left arm can project energy beams and shit.
Well that was a long rant about my kanon, which should have been saved for the wiki..
:roll:

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby TheAtomikpunk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Well now you can use copy/paste for the wiki.
My Stuff
"Remember Vegetables, Stay in Drugs, Don't do kids, and eat your school."

Wise man once said, " Tl;dr the entire rulebook is fudge."
TheAtomikpunk
wait, I don't get it

Location: Somewhere between fallout 3, skyrim, and brikwars...

Postby Maraxous » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Good backstory. I need to start getting mine typed and posted. :oops:
Maraxous
Hero

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:42 am

TheAtomikpunk wrote:Well now you can use copy/paste for the wiki.

And so it shall be done.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board