The Battle for the Old Alkerian capital: TURN TWO!!!

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

The Battle for the Old Alkerian capital: TURN TWO!!!

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:14 am

This is my first forum battle so sorry if I make mistakes. Please note this probably will take a while to get going, and I won't be too quick with the photos, but I will do my best.
This battle is a historical battle before the alliance, and while most parts of the city had a decided outcome this one didn't, but either way DON'T SCREW IT UP!!! :wink:
I'll start by posting up the intro on the Aldebraanian side, then the Alkerians and then a view of the city. The battlefield won't be that big, since this will only be a smallish battle, but it will be of reasonable size (Already finished, but I'll probably make some minor changes before I take photographs).
LET THE SIGNUPS BEGIN!!!
Alkerians: Hiremas Alkerith
"Imperial" army:Tasty Skippy
Aldebraan: Darkstorm
The "Technicians": Motorhead fan
The "Uruk Hai": Briklick
AND
The Secret Faction: NPC

<Security log entry 28776>{Location="Aldebraan-Capital"}
<Commence;>[Playback]
Spoiler
Show
Aldebraan: Indistinct dark muttering

Right hand: *Approaches* Errr... sir? The Alkerians have overrun another of our outposts.

Right hand: With the help of the "Imperial" army they may drive us out of Alkeria all together.
Aldebraan: More indistinct muttering.
Right hand: Sir?

Aldebraan: What is it?
Right hand: I was saying, that unless there's some kind of secret weapon that you've somehow kept hidden from your second command up until now that will defeat the Alkerians, then we're finished. :roll:

Aldebraan: I have devised a secret weapon which is powerful enough even to kill Alkerith himself!

Right hand: Oh come on- Alkerith can't be permanently killed! He's a demigod, and a half wraith at that after you failed to kill him.
Aldebraan: He does have one weakness. Only one thing can truly kill him, the blade of the Braepa. I have found a way to synthesise it's radiation, and have created a missile from it. It is practically inert however, so much so that it needs a nuclear warhead as a detonator.
Right hand: ...

Aldebraan: Multiple missiles have been constructed. However, I need a test subject to measure their effect. And I know just the place...
Right hand: And where is that my lord?
Aldebraan: The Old Capital of Alkeria. As far as I'm aware it is still densely populated, and it is the perfect distance away from our outposts. The missiles are still in their test phase and do not have enough range to bomb the new Capital, but they soon will. For now we will be realistic, and soon Alkerith will be CRUSHED!!!

Right hand: Sounds good to me. When will it be ready to launch?

Aldebraan: I have one ready to launch now! *Switches on communicator* FIRE!!!

<Corrupted>
LOG ENTRY 28776 TERMINATED
20 MINUTES LATER....

Random Guy in the city: WHAT THE FUUUUU-

MEANWHILE...

ALKERIAN SECURITY LOG 38420
<Location>="Grimerg tracking station"
PLAYBACK COMMENCING...
Spoiler
Show
A3-08: Uh...sir? There's been an explosion in the old capital.
Hiremas Alkerith: An EXPLOSION? What kind, chemical? Nuclear?

A3-08: Uh... my readings tell me it's nuclear sir, but there's some other kind of radiation at the blast zone.

Hiremas Alkerith: Just as well we evacuated most of the city before Aldebraan found out. How many stayed behind?

A3-08: Only a few that refused to leave their homes. One to two hundred I think were the estimates. It was hard to tell since they wouldn't even open their doors and had a habit of throwing pottery out of their windows at the soldiers-
Hiremas Alkerith: Yes, I remember. Poor buggers, they didn't know what was coming. When will it be safe to enter the city?

A3-08 It should be safe to enter the outskirts in....three weeks sir. It would take decades for Ground zero to become safe again. I'm surprised by how little uranium was in that bomb..
Hiremas Alkerith:Sounds pretty suspicious. I'll contact Gree, and prepare to enter the city.

<PLAYBACK TERMINATED>
MEANWHILE... :troll:
Spoiler
Show
Gree: Do I look fat? I feel like I look fat in this.. *Commlink buzzes* Oh, excuse me..

Gree: This is Commander W. Gree. Who the hell are you?
Hiremas Alkerith: *Crackly* It's me Gree, Alkerith. There's-

Gree: Alkerith! How are you! Sorry about that, I'm a little busy at the moment...
Hiremas Alkerith: Gree, there's been an explosion. A BIG explosion, in the old capital.

Gree: WHAT??? What kind of explosion?
Alkerith: Nuclear, but there was some kind of other radiation as well. I'll send you the details later. For now, we have three weeks to prepare before we investigate the outskirts of the city. I want to find out what happened there, and I fear Aldebraan might be planning an invasion.

Gree: Alright, I'll prepare my men. Did the base there survive?
Hiremas Alkerith: The one we abandoned when we evacuated the city? Yes, it's still there as far as we're aware.
Gree: Great. I'll meet you there, in the meantime I'll send some other troops to investigate the other sec- HEY! Move that camera up! What the hell is wrong with you?

Hiremas Alkerith: See you there. Hiremas Alkerith out.
Gree: Gree out. Oh come on! I didn't mean THAT high!

<TRANSMISSION TERMINATED>
THREE WEEKS LATER....

<Location>="Old-Cap-Base"
<Status>="Moderate damage"
<Transmission commencing>
<VIDEO FAILED>
<AUDIO ONLINE>
This is Hiremas Alkerith reporting in. We've arrived at the base, Gree should be here within hours. Luckily he's coming in from the North West, as I can see movement towards the East. It's possible that Aldebraanian troops have arrived and set up camp. We've spread out some of the relics here in the buildings in case we are overrun. That way it will take them longer to find them, but I don't know how much difference that would make if we fail. There are only a few of us here, the rest spread out to explore the rest of the city. If there's trouble, I can always call for reinforcements. I'll keep this log updated while I'm here, Hiremas Alkerith OUT.
<Transmission Terminated>

Overwatch PHOTOGRAPHS
Spoiler
Show
Took me long enough :oops:
I'm sorry for the bad quality of the images, and the mess of the room they're photographed in. I got lucky with it, so I have a whole room full of my collection, but sadly it's also used as a storeroom, hence the mess. If things get changed around, (which they will) I will upload new photographs. PLEASE NOTE that the pilots will not be walking around but in their vehicles when the battle starts, and each faction also has different abilities. The factions and their enemies are as follows:
"TECHNICIANS" are allies with the Uruk Hai and Aldebraan, and the Uruk Hai, Aldebraan and the "Technicians are at war with the Alkerians and the "Imperial" army, who are both allied with each other.
NB: I should remind you that this battle is set BEFORE the fifth alliance, hence why the factions are fighting each other. Enjoy!

A ground view from the Aldebraanian base. It is actually an "Imperial" portable base that was salvaged by Aldebraan and repurposed, which caused a great deal of confusion.

Alkerith and Gree coming up with plans in the base's conference room, which is located in the medical bay.

The main entrance of the Alkerian base, and where the "Imperial" units are currently stationed. NOTE: they will probably be deployed in a troop transporter during the battle.

The inside of the Alkerian base, which is being used as a hangar for a troop transport and a V-20 Striker.

The medical bay and conference room. Outside of it is a docking bay for small ships and speeders, which is often used to get wounded soldiers in and out of the medical bay.

Another shot of the inside. The crates have a chance of containing loot (ie. relics) which are a secondary objective of the Aldebraanian, Technician and Uruk hai forces.
Opening the crates would be treated as a skill vs skill attack (Locks are 1d4)

The three houses also might or might not contain relics and booty, they are the red house, the white house and the yellow house.

A crappy photograph of the "Technicians". The black portal is what the standard cannon fodder spawn out from.

A seriously crappy photo of the back of the Uruk Hai and an Aldebraanian.

The rest of the Aldebraanians, including the Dark Lord of Aldebraan himself, closely followed by the right hand.

The Alkerian Viper tank, this one has been beaten up and rebuild almost beyond recognition. Just behind is is an "Imperial" chicken walker (Yes, I know)

Another shot of the "Chicken" walker (I did at least rebuild the top bit, but that's hardly noticeable. :cry:

A Horrible Overwatch of most of the Alkerian/Imperial half of the battlefield

And a horrible Overwatch of some of the Aldebraanian/Technician/Uruk Hai half of the battlefield.
Thank God that's over...
UPDATE:
Spoiler
Show
A shot of some Uruk-Hai operating a turret and using a bow.

A (slightly) better photo of the rest of the Uruk-Hai troops. They're on the right hand side of the battlefield.

The "technician" turret. These turrets are dropped from orbit and smash into the ground. It is now manned by one of the officers.

Alkerian heavy, placed just outside of the base.

All of the vehicles now have their pilots in them. NB: The V-20 is being used by the Alkerians. (After all, they did design it)

With the pilots gone, there's plenty of room in the base to drag in corpses and fill with explosions...

Another shot of the Uruk-Hai and the Aldebraanian armoured car. After this battle the poor thing will probably be scrapped and rebuilt, probably into something similar but better.

Another photo of the "Technicians" and their portal. As cannon fodder, this is where they respawn.

A shot of the AT-DP used by the Imperials, and an Alkerian hovertank.

And another photograph of the Hovertank.

An Overwatch of most of the Aldebraanian/Uruk-Hai/Technician side.

And an equally blurry Overwatch of the Alkerian/Imperial side.

Phew!
Last edited by Hiremas Alkerith on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:20 am, edited 16 times in total.
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

BrikLick
Warrior King

Re: The Battle for the old Alkerian capital: SIGNUPS!!

Post by BrikLick » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:18 am

I'll take the Uruk Hai.
I built Rome in a day.

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Technicians: as long as I'm on the dark side, I'll take it! :mrgreen:
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:21 am

Darkstorm wrote:Technicians: as long as I'm on the dark side, I'll take it! :mrgreen:
If you wanted to be on the seriously dark side I'd go for Aldebraan. While the "technicians" are dark, Aldebraan himself is the physical embodiment of darkness. Up to you though, and feel free to change things around. :warhead:
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:13 am

For some reason this reminded me of the video game Halo 3:ODST with all the transmissions.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:22 am

Hey I remember ODST, you have a point there...
The idea is that the military which was not developed when the communications were set up have to use unreliable frequencies in order for completely secure communication. That means it cuts out, and it's crackly and you get all the techno garbage in the background.
Plus, it's fun to type all that out..

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:
Darkstorm wrote:Technicians: as long as I'm on the dark side, I'll take it! :mrgreen:
If you wanted to be on the seriously dark side I'd go for Aldebraan. While the "technicians" are dark, Aldebraan himself is the physical embodiment of darkness. Up to you though, and feel free to change things around. :warhead:
Aldebraan it is then 8)
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Hey I remember ODST, you have a point there...
The idea is that the military which was not developed when the communications were set up have to use unreliable frequencies in order for completely secure communication. That means it cuts out, and it's crackly and you get all the techno garbage in the background.
Plus, it's fun to type all that out..
Yeah I think it is pretty cool.

I will take the Imperial army

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Re: The Battle for the Old Alkerian capital: SIGNUPS!!

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Nice choice!!!
:tiger:

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:36 am

I've added a few more photographs. More on the way!

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:03 am

Signups are a little slow, (Not too bad though, but hey) so I thought I'd try to speed things up a little...
I'm going to control the Alkerians, makes sense so yeah.
If the secret faction doesn't get taken up within the next few days I'll NPC that.
That just leaves the technicians..
If they don't get taken up within a few days, players can feel free to control more than one faction!
Also, throughout the battle there will be some random cameos, that will speed things up a little and add some "spice" to the mix.
Good luck!

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:02 am

Seeing as I am back, I will take the technicians, if they are still available.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:07 am

INDEED THEY ARE!!!
I may as well take the Secret faction as NPC's, it makes sense that way... :warhead:

ALL POSITIONS ARE NOW FILLED!!! SEND IN ORDERS!!!

I'll probably start the turns off by a first come first served basis, and then go from there.

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:INDEED THEY ARE!!!
I may as well take the Secret faction as NPC's, it makes sense that way... :warhead:

ALL POSITIONS ARE NOW FILLED!!! SEND IN ORDERS!!!

I'll probably start the turns off by a first come first served basis, and then go from there.
Well in that case I am happy I sent my orders in way early.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Re: The Battle for the Old Alkerian capital: SIGNUPS CLOSED!

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:07 am

Almost all of you have sent in orders, I'm just waiting for Briklick.
I'll probably start the battle this afternoon..
Good luck peeps!