Praetoria Rising

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: Praetoria Rising

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Archduke wrote: I also have previously established loyalty to m-throne and allies.I'm not your enemy, I would rather be your ally, I just have prior engagements to another ideology/power block.

No offence, but if you're booked up with other alliances why are you forming one with Praetoria???
:commonsense:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Have a look at my current forum battle!
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Darkstorm » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:08 pm

True enough. You shall join the "neutrals" that don't fight but are kinda just there.  :wink:
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby RedRover » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 pm

They have a point, prateoria is in with Tratt and Assyria who are anti IM, peach, and the Red Crusaders (M-Throne alliance with Poland and IM).
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:46 am

Wow, this thread suddenly became confusing as fuck.
:wtc:

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby dilanski » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:40 am

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Wow, this thread suddenly became confusing as fuck.
:wtc:

Welcome to Brikwars shared canon. You're here forever.

Anyway, to borrow terminology from that game, Praetoria operates under a NRDS policy (not red, don't shoot). This means that unless a group has been explicitly declared an enemy, then we generally won't attack you. It should be noted that the ass of caveats on this policy is immense, to the point where failure to indicate when turning could be seen as valid reason for immolating your cities in plasmic hellfire from orbit.

We do however enjoy closer relationships with some empire's out in the Brikverse, and chillier relations with others. Anyone we fought alongside in the AN-TA War, or is Anti-Immortal is generally considered a closer partner. While those in the TA, even though not currently enemies of the state, are seen as undesirable to work alongside. Pro-Immortal forces are outright enemies ever since Praetoria switched its position on the Immortal Empire from "mildly pro-Immortal while our technology is lagging behind" to "Oh, we actually have a star fleet that can defend us now, yeah, fuck the Immortals" that was seen at the end of the Liberation of planet New York (Scythian involvement in the liberation might also have been a factor).

Anyway, this brings us onto the problem of peaches, and the possibility of an Alliance with Space Austria. While peaches are granted the freedoms afforded to all by the Universal Declaration of Minifig Rights, the right to life is not one of those. As such, using peach refugees for target practice has become a common exercise. Allying with a faction that is egalitarian on peaches is possible, so long as that faction is OK with ongoing atrocities committed against Peach refugees.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Postby dilanski » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:02 am

The Research Artefact Recovery Commission, more commonly known as RARCom, is a Praetorian Vassal residing in a small number of systems on the edge of the Omegalon galaxy. RARCom's mission since its inception has been to track down and recover technology that may be of use, by any means necessary. RARCom also conducts its own research, and has a secondary function of acting as an educational institution. While RARCom has a fleet of research and standoff vessels that are used to achieve RARCom's goals, they lack a conventional army, instead relying on Retrieval teams to function as heavily armed scalpels.

The equipment used by retrieval teams varies from mission to mission, especially as many operations don't involve planned contact with hostiles. In situations where acquisition targets may be heavily secured, the Mod.7 "Secure" Gear will likely be used.

Here a small retrieval team is investigating a crash site of an ancient spacefaring vessel. Analysis from orbit shows the ships hull has an unusual magnetometric signature, possibly indicating passage through a spatial anomaly.

The Mod.7 "Secure" Gear is built for breeching and entering. Its overbuilt protective armour keeps the wearer safe from any automated defences or hostile contact, while the cutting torch built into the gear allows the user to cut through reinforced bulkheads like butter. The design being based upon mining equipment used to harvest the purest of OT crystals found on the planet Krysto.

Professor Kenneth Lichfield is one of RARCom's longest serving operatives. Among a group known as the Lost Ones, these were agents that took part in RARCom's earliest high risk/reward operations. Many of these ended in failure, with the agents killed or captured. Professor Lichfield was assigned to secure documentation on the production of Miracle Cure, this mission led to his capture, torture and disfigurement over a 3 day timespan before he escaped. The experience was scarring in the most literal sense, with him losing limbs and organs in the process. Now he is sustained by various cybernetics.

Not alone is this experience, the Lost Ones have made effective field operatives as they have been allowed to learn and grow from their failures.
Last edited by dilanski on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
dilanski

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:52 am

Sweet backstory, Alkeria is also peach friendly, but would never ally with you since you're anti immortal (Alkerith and Aldebraan are both immortal, thing is, I'm not sure when you say anti-immortal if you mean against the immortal empire or immortals in general), plus it's always good to have an enemy.
Once again, amazing army!

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Darkstorm » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:14 am

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Sweet backstory, Alkeria is also peach friendly, but would never ally with you since you're anti immortal (Alkerith and Aldebraan are both immortal, thing is, I'm not sure when you say anti-immortal if you mean against the immortal empire or immortals in general), plus it's always good to have an enemy.
Once again, amazing army!

I agree, the DRK doesn't have anything more against peaches than yellows or any other Brikwars race there is. I also wish to have a clarification on whether you hate immortals in general or just the last empire that had them. Nice army, too. I don't tend to have extensive collections of one color handy. I guess the in-game reasoning is that coloring is futile, and really doesn't matter if you are the only one that doesn't have a consistent color scheme. Whatever.
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby dilanski » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Anti-Immortal and Pro-Immortal refers to the Anti-Immortal Alliance and the Immortal Alliance respectively. While the Immortal War has died down to a simmer, those two groups have kind of stuck around, even if no one is outright fighting with any regularity. (Wiki pages are likely out of date, and I'd put actual member counts for both groups a lot lower)

I also believe it is one of the harder rules of the Brikverse that only the Immortals are truly Immortal. You have functional Immortality from things like Miracle Cure, a few beings considered too badass to die, or creatures that are effectively unkillable. But the possibility of them dying remains on the table, while the Immortals are always 100% guaranteed to reform.
dilanski

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks for clearing that one up...
It's just as well that Alkerith and his brother both have weaknesses, any of the four weapons (Each weapon emits a unique radiation which is not deadly to most, but is extremely toxic to any of the other siblings). Aldebraan managed to synthesise the radiation, so it's possible that eventually a faction could find a way to do that (But it would take  A LOT of research, and they would need to capture one of the weapons).

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Omega Prime » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:00 pm

dilanski wrote: from that game, Praetoria operates under a NRDS policy (not red, don't shoot). This means that unless a group has been explicitly declared an enemy, then we generally won't attack you. t

I'm going to guess that game is Eve online, isn't it?
Captain-Camper wrote:Brikwars: efficiency is our specialty

Omega Prime
Minifig

Postby Colette » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:19 pm

RARCom lives! It's like Saturnalia in June!

I like Professor Lichfield, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.
Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Omega Prime » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Thanks for clearing that one up...
It's just as well that Alkerith and his brother both have weaknesses, any of the four weapons (Each weapon emits a unique radiation which is not deadly to most, but is extremely toxic to any of the other siblings). Aldebraan managed to synthesise the radiation, so it's possible that eventually a faction could find a way to do that (But it would take  A LOT of research, and they would need to capture one of the weapons).

Alright, time to go Steal one!
Captain-Camper wrote:Brikwars: efficiency is our specialty

Omega Prime
Minifig

Postby dilanski » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:51 am

Omega Prime wrote:I'm going to guess that game is Eve online, isn't it?

It is embarrassing how much I love that game, and all the player created terminology and organisation that goes along with it. A good chunk of my LDD stuff is EVE inspired, and a lot of the technology as well. I half considered swapping over to PEG's to power my stuff once I saw Max Singularity give a talk about them.

Colette wrote:RARCom lives! It's like Saturnalia in June!

I like Professor Lichfield, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

Fun fact: Professor Kenneth Lichfield was originally going to be named after my policing and major crime lecturer, Kenneth Raper (I've names RARCom characters after teachers/lecturers in the past). I'll let you guess my reasons for changing it. Lichfield is a place on the train route I take (took?) down to campus, and I always thought it sounded like something an uncreative DM would come up for D&D, but it works here. Anyway, Mr Raper always terrified me, he used to do Anti-terror before he became a lecturer, a few things he said kept me up at night, most were proven right over the past few weeks.

Anyway, yeah RARCom has stuff now. Need to expand obviously, but they'll likely remain small anyway. can't find much of a use for vehicles in the faction, and most other go to units don't fit. I'm off to a Lego store today (in Manchester of all places), so will look if anything would be a good addition.
dilanski

Postby Archduke » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:35 am

I think we just need to stay friends. ( cool builds, complicated galactik politics)
Archduke
Minifig

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury