The Factions of Athelia: kotor Added

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

bann154
bann is the mann

The Factions of Athelia: kotor Added

Post by bann154 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:29 pm

This is something i have been toying with for a while its all pretty much hijacked from Warmachine but with a bit of a spin on it. Each army is made to be warband size no more than 20 guys in each army and i would like to encourage other people to make warbands from across the lands as well if you find it interesting. I have two more armies being worked on and one in the idea stage so i will be working on this much more in the future and eventually i will upload the map of my factions.

Just some background about what are known as golems. Golems are masterfully crafted machines run by a steam powered furnace and controlled by a mage. Golems are imbued with magic from a mage upon their creation giving them a very basic sentience. They are deadly without a mage but when a mage controls one they become devastating weapons of war able to tear down mighty fortresses and carve swathes through infantry. However it is said that the golems used by the southern isles are controlled by bound souls of a mage rather than by a living being...

The Holy Church Of Adelia
The Holy Church Of Adelia was once apart of the kingdom of Rhul however a peg was driven between them when the ruling counsel of Rhul started devoting more funding to the scientists than the church causing the then Church of Rhul to start an uprising. This resulted in street riots and many battles throughout Rhul but eventually led to the churches defeat. However the armies of Rhul could never fully root out the church due to their main monastery being located so far to the east and the sudden invasion of Kotor caused Rhul's military to be diverted to back towards the west. This resulted in the church occupying various villages around the great monastery they then declared Independence and became know as The Holy Church Of Adelia led by High Priest Conrad Sagar and The Holy Church Of Adelia has been plotting their revenge against Rhul ever since...
Overwatch.

The Repenter golem is built to tackle both opposing golems and heavy infantry. It is armed with a mace and a flaming flail. The Repenter is also able to force the flames from its furnace out of its body to burn enemies around it.

The Reckoner on the other hand is able to take on infantry with its flaming lash and flamethrower.

Zealots are the main shock infantry of The Holy Church Of Adelia each one is armed with a flail and shield and usually an addled brain.

The Battle Choir takes to the field singing hymns and lashing out with their flaming staffs.

Battle Priests take to the field preaching sermons as they fight inspiring other members of the church along the way.

The leader of this warband is Priestess Daria Wither a devote follower of the church she inspires others with her magical abilities and utter devotion to god.

I want to say that the hat designs and book designs as well as the incense burner were stolen from Duerer.
Last edited by bann154 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Re: The Factions of Athelia

Post by Duerer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:27 pm

Nice Menoth warband.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:56 am

Wow these are amazing! Great job!
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:55 am

:<3: :666:
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:48 pm

The Union of Kotor
Kotor sits to the north of Rhul and have long been their rival since the first golem was built in Rhul. Kotor has fought many wars against Rhul but the both of them have set their differences aside to fight a common enemy. Kotor recently started an invasion into Rhul this has sparked a deadly conflict in Athelia involving almost all of the various factions.
Overwatch.

Kotor riflemen have always made up the bulk of Kotors army each one is conscripted and taught from a young age how to use a rifle.

Assault troopers are those who do not have the discipline to make it into the rifle corps and so trained to assault the enemy with blunderbusses and axes.

Artillery teams are a newer invention each one consists of a cannon or a mortar that is operated by a crew of two.

battle mechanics are well know for their ability to restore a wounded golem in the heat of battle.

Alexander Petrov is a well known mage that prefers to use brute force to accomplish tasks

Kotor makes use of the heaviest golems that have ever walked Athelia they are well armed and even better armoured. The Juggernaut is a massive beast that uses a ripping saw to tear apart fortifications and to allow him to get that close he is equipped with a rather large shield.

The Demolisher is an all around golem good against both infantry and other golems. It is armed with an axe a fist and a twin autocannon.
Honestly the two golem pictures turned out horrible and i will probably retake them and re upload them tomorrow. Hat credit goes to Duerer
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Re: The Factions of Athelia: kotor Added

Post by Captain-Camper » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:29 pm

These are so amazing I like these guys more than the last faction
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:30 am

The golems remind me of mech suits, which is awesome. I'm going to see if I can steak the design and work something out of it(later)
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:26 am

golems are awesome

Darthnox129
Officer

Post by Darthnox129 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:23 pm

Yeah, I love your recreation of warjacks, although due to no fault of your own, them being in Lego somehow makes them seem less steampunk, probably due to the plastic sheen.

Also, great idea to use the mini tires as ushanka hats for the Khador inspired force :tiger:
Studs for the stud god, bricks for the brick throne.

Yeah, I play Tau in 40k. What? Of course I have friends, why would you think I didn't?

Darthnox129
Officer

Post by Darthnox129 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:00 pm

El envio doble. Hehe

I'd love to know how you constructed the warjacks, I might try my hand at making some Cygnarans. Can we get a walkthrough?
Studs for the stud god, bricks for the brick throne.

Yeah, I play Tau in 40k. What? Of course I have friends, why would you think I didn't?