I have a proposition...

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Arkbrik, Hoboman

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

I have a proposition...

Post by Blitzen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:55 pm

Yes. Not for any of you, nor anyone else in particular. I just was drawing and accidentally did a kneeling thing so I though, <I>people kneel when they propose,</I> and I didn't really want to draw a victory stance. This was a pencil drawing I drew that I put into Photoshop to do a pen outline of. Worry not: I will finish colouring. The face is just an add-on.

What do you think?

Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Leonardo812
Nice Dubs

Post by Leonardo812 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:01 pm

Well, the basic figure looks quite nice. I like it quite a bit.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:27 am

that is realy good!!

edit:i just realised I am a pilot now

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:25 pm

Awesome job, the sizes of the limbs and such are all accurate.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:37 pm

yeah, your proportions all seem in order and your perspective is great. there's that goofy, drawn-with-a-mouse smile, but that's pretty much it. nice job!

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:47 pm

When I proposed, I think I had that same smile.

G2
Nice

Post by G2 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:37 am

That is very impressive kneeling pose. I may have to draw myself a "proposing" minifig. - Job well done, I like it a lot.
Rayhawk wrote:When I proposed, I think I had that same smile.
I am sure you did have that exact same smile. But my question to you Mr Rayhawk is; Was your diamond as big?

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:14 am

G2 wrote:
Rayhawk wrote:When I proposed, I think I had that same smile.
I am sure you did have that exact same smile. But my question to you Mr Rayhawk is; Was your diamond as big?
Nope, because the diamond industry runs on blood, sustained by the deaths and exploitation of African nations. When it comes to supporting torture and suffering for no real reason, I prefer to keep it in Lego form rather than real life.

Blitzen

Post by Blitzen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Okay, guys. I did that drawing on the 5th, so I have it coloured on the 18th; that is to say, now. I procrastinated for a while on the legs. Here she be:

Comments? Questions? Need for prayer? I just opened a pack of Jolly Ranchers so I can answer anything.

Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Leonardo812
Nice Dubs

Post by Leonardo812 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:30 pm

Very nice. It looks great, Blitzen.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:35 pm

Rayhawk wrote:When it comes to supporting torture and suffering for no real reason, I prefer to keep it in Lego form rather than real life.
Me to.

Lovely picture and wonderful drawing.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Rayhawk wrote: Nope, because the diamond industry runs on blood, sustained by the deaths and exploitation of African nations. When it comes to supporting torture and suffering for no real reason, I prefer to keep it in Lego form rather than real life.
so... you're lame? everyone knows REAL men punch bears in the face every morning while making beer-coffee out of the blood of a tyrannosaurus rex, and drinking it out of a cup made of women.

and goddammit blitzen. stop being an amazing colorer. seriously, this is very good color work (and i think mike may be out of a job).

Blitzen

Post by Blitzen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:13 pm

I highly doubt it. Though my colouring is mighty fine, he is a superhero in arty stuff. I couldn't do half this without looking at his drawings first. >.<

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:14 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Rayhawk wrote:Nope, because the diamond industry runs on blood, sustained by the deaths and exploitation of African nations. When it comes to supporting torture and suffering for no real reason, I prefer to keep it in Lego form rather than real life.
so... you're lame? everyone knows REAL men punch bears in the face every morning while making beer-coffee out of the blood of a tyrannosaurus rex, and drinking it out of a cup made of women.
All right, I'll clarify: it's because my girlfriend is against the diamond industry for those reasons. In my case, I'm happy to agree with her, because it means I get a bunch of money that I can now spend on Lego instead of a hyped-up piece of glitter.