The RSFC Damocles class SHIP

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

The RSFC Damocles class SHIP

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:18 am

<TRANSMISSION COMMENCING...>
<NETWORKS: ALL CHANNELS, NON CLASSIFIED>
<NETWORK SECURE>
<NETWORK SECURE>
<NETWORK PUBLIC>
<NETWORK SECURE>
Miles  Ripley: "Ladies and gentlemen. I know present to you, perhaps the height of  Alkerian engineering. She may not look like much, but inside that bulky shell is a fast, fighting machine. She will be the sword that hangs over the throne of the Praetorians, the DAMOCLES!!"
Paid audience: :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:  :tiger:

Miles Ripley: "Warm off of the production line, this is the very first model, and perhaps the last. We've been running tests, but have not yet performed a full maiden voyage. This baby is one of the first large-ish Alkerian ship in more than two decades! This is my own private model. She looks a little blocky, but as they say, the bigger the better :twss: "

Image[url=h

Miles Ripley: "And this is another little thing we've been making a lot recently here at RSFC, the Proskopon probe! Equipped with a basic AI and a warp drive, these probes are being launched across the Magikallenic cloud, in hope of finding new worlds."

Image[url=h

Miles Ripley: "Oh yeah, and we make nigh on indestructible prisons. Not sure why, but we do. Another time perhaps we'll look into these in more detail. For now though, let's look at the SHIP..."

Miles Ripley: "Here's a quick look at this beauty from the side. Not the sleekest craft we've designed, but probably the most practical."

Miles Ripley: "Everyone loves a bit of greebling, right? Well there's plenty on the Damocles."

Miles Ripley: "This version of the Damocles comes equipped with an EV-40 turret mounted onto the dorsal hull. For those of you who didn't know, the EV-40 comes with a twin missile rack, and a medium blaster cannon in the centre. It's small compared to most capital ships' turrets, but it packs one hell of a punch.

Miles Ripley: "For docking with more unusual stations, or for ease of access, These sections of the hull flip open, allowing access to the cargo area and bridge. Seriously, we've accounted for EVERYTHING."

Miles Ripley: "While I get over to the boarding ramp, I'll let the cameraman show you some of the other features of this ship."

Miles Ripley: "That's a peep at the interior of the ship. We'll be looking at it in detail in a second..."

Miles Ripley: "The "roof" of the ship comes off in two easy segments. I don't know why it does, in fact that doesn't make sense at all. "

Miles Ripley: "Why the fuck does it do that? I mean, why? I helped design this shit. Why was that a thing? Oh yeah, I know why..."

Miles  Ripley: "Now then. If you'll follow me into the ship, we'll have a look at the interior. Oh yeah, and usually my helmet's built into my suit, I took it out for the photo at the beginning, and never bothered to put it back in."

Miles Ripley: "This is the bridge. Looks pretty good, amirite? Those chairs are Ripley patented products, they're the comfiest things in the multiverse.  Seriously. They've used one of my chairs as an interrogation device, it's that comfy."

Miles Ripley: Chair on the left deals with navigation and so on, chair on the right deals with gravity, life support and so on. The table in the middle has a projector, and it's used as a kind of "Oh shit there's a huge problem what are we going to do about it? Well, why don't we do this completely stupid thing which turns out to work perfectly. Holy balls, that is shocking. Shocking murmur, shocking murmur-"

<WE ARE ENCOUNTERING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES...>

Miles Ripley: "OK, are we back? Are we recording? OK. This ladies and gentlemen, is the cockpit, fitted with a medium blaster cannon. Small, but powerful.

Image7

Miles Ripley: "And of course, every ship needs one. It's a sensor proof cargo area, which can support life forms. Plagiarism? Go fuck yourself."

Miles Ripley: "Here is one of the most important parts of the ship, the medical bay. It's looks can be deceiving, this med-bay is fully kitted to deal with every possible medical emergency. And it's pretty comfy too..."

Miles Ripley: "And if you'll follow me over here..."

Miles Ripley: "This thing has a god damn bar, serving various drink, including my favourite Peach Explosion a go go's... (If anyone gets this reference...)"

Miles Ripley: "And here we have the living quarters, these beds are made to typical Ripley standards, and despite the name I assure you these things wouldn't rip if a supernova happened on them."

Miles Ripley: "And of course we have a Ripley Patented settee/couch/sofa, which if you aren't careful could send you into a coma, due to it's pure unrivalled comfort. It's that good."

Miles Ripley: "I don't really want to get out of this chair right now, so I'll just say that's where the turret gunner sits. It isn't much, but it's padded."

Miles Ripley: "This, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes this ship so special. The Engine room. Now most ships don't even have one, and if they do it's tiny, not this gargantuan nightmare. Rooms like these are clunky and inefficient you say. Modern technology means we don't need this anymore. WRONG. While it looks large compared to most modern Engine rooms, this beauty is a miracle of miniaturisation. This bad boy comes equipped with it's OWN ANTIMATTER GENERATOR, meaning you can run it almost indefinitely, as long as you have material to put in it. The drive can make a two jumps a SECOND, meaning that as long as the navi computer can keep up (Which it pretty much can), this bad boy can keep jumping around. Last time we did this with a ship we nearly destroyed it, but the Damocles can handle the strain with no issues.

Miles Ripley: "And this, is perhaps the most important object in the ship. The MSAC (Magnetically Sealed Antimatter Container), which powers the warp drive. It can also be used in emergencies to power the thrusters, and even as a weapon of mass destruction, but that's for next episode."

Miles Ripley: "Now this is a fun bit of gear. Since this ship is mainly going to be used for exploration and transport, along with the odd battle, it needs to have a science lab. So, we installed this little chemical analysis thingy, which works a treat."

Image]

Miles Ripley: "You just pop whatever you want in, flick the lever, press a few buttons, buy a paper off of Jim on the corner, and the results pop up on the screen..."

Miles Ripley: And of course, some cargo. How interesting.."

Miles Ripley: "Here's a quick peep at the cockpit. Apologies for the Negaversian components used here and there to pad things out, this is the test model after all."

Miles Ripley: This is what the ship would look like with a couple of crew members in it. The man in the middle is called "Panicking Thai-Porker", some people have the weirdest names I swear..."

Miles Ripley:"In case you were wondering, this is what the frame looked like before we put all this crap over it. We can't show you much else I'm afraid since this is on public frequencies."

Miles Ripley: "Oh yeah, and this is one of the manoeuvring thrusters on the side of the ship. They can be rotated as needed."

Miles Ripley: "And last but not least, the main observation port located on the starboard side of the dorsal hull. It allows for a clear view into the cosmos. Ladies and Gentlmen, thank you for watching this informative documentary on the Damocles."

<NETWORK TERMINATED>
<NETWORK TERMINATED>
<NETWORK TERMINATED>

Miles Ripley: "Thank god that shit's over. Wait, that camera's still going, turn it off!"

<NETWORK TERMINATED>
<TRANSMISSION TERMINATED>

Well, there you go. It's a little blocky as Miles said, but I wanted to make it look like an ordinary ship you would find in use. I'm probably going to keep it for a while, and like all of my builds it's going to be constantly WIP. Thanks for reading this, let me know what you think!
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Re: The RSFC Damocles class SHIP

Postby sahasrahla » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:39 am

fuck yes

it's blocked and ugly but in a good way. some excellent details
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Postby ninja_bait » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:47 am

That's a nice heavy vessel, reminds me of a civil war ironside.  It still looks a little empty both on the inside furniture-wise and outside dakka-wise, but the frame looks solid.
ninja_bait
Hero

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:09 pm

ninja_bait wrote:That's a nice heavy vessel, reminds me of a civil war ironside.  It still looks a little empty both on the inside furniture-wise and outside dakka-wise, but the frame looks solid.

Thanks! I left the interior fairly empty to make room for cargo, but I did consider adding some corridors and generally sectioning parts off to make it feel more like it has rooms. Oh, and I forgot to show you the fold out missile racks...  :iconcur:
I actually made a ship before this, which looked great, was filled with dakka and had THOUSANDS of moving parts, such as a "neck" that lowered for landing and went up for flight (Kind of like Concorde), two airlocks and a boarding ramp. Sadly, it looked quite similar to the Serenity, and the frame was quite weak. It broke my heart to just pick it up and watch it disintegrate. Anyway, I made this one a little more generic, but it is sturdy as HELL. Seriously, nothing's come apart so far, it's highly swooshable. By the way, it may interest you to know that the turret came from the old ship I'd made, it looked pretty good so I just modified it slightly and stuck it in...
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby militaryfreak » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:28 pm

a little blocky, but the greebling is BEAUTIFUL! the mix of light gray and light bluish gray gives it a nice dingy texture common with military hardware and spacecraft. The interior feels a little empty, ships tend to be pretty cramped.
militaryfreak
Hero

Postby ninja_bait » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:THOUSANDS of moving parts

An accurate description of a SHIP falling apart.

I hope you're planning to keep updating this one; looking forward to many adventures and refits!
ninja_bait
Hero

Postby Zupponn » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Nice and greebly.  Good work!
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby Omega Prime » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:02 pm

When you are so high-level you can make the navy use your endorsed products...  :shock:
Nice Job, Alkerith! I wish I had this many pieces to make one, but quite unfortunately, I don't.  :cry:  Anyway, Really good work!
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby motorhead fan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Hey, I just realised, the guy is called Ripley and the ship does seem to have many aesthetic similarities with a certain 1979 film, are you perchance intending to do alien themed stuff too?
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

Postby StalinsFavoriteKhat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:28 pm

motorhead fan wrote:Hey, I just realised, the guy is called Ripley and the ship does seem to have many aesthetic similarities with a certain 1979 film, are you perchance intending to do alien themed stuff too?

:tiger:

This is cool!
If the Soviets can't build10,000 ofthat in a day, it's waaaay to complicated.
Rpguy- I didnt miss, I just happened to blow up something other than the intended target.
Guy- That was a civilian!!!!
Rpguy- Key word there: Was. I don't know what you'd call it know. . .
Other guy- Brikwars.
Spoiler: show
Some stuff you should look at
Come chat and stuff --> http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16603

My glorious faction and now others -->http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16599[/size]

And then some other factions -->http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16638

Backstoryes,Chats,Stories,and other stuff -->http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16712

Brief semi-accurate history and Shiv politiks main thread -->http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16623

Text wall city of STFU history -->http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=16688
StalinsFavoriteKhat
Cannon Fodder

Return to The Armoury