Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Gallant Wanderers Book 2: Legend of the Black Star

Post by Insert_blank » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:27 am

Gallant Wanderers through the Brikverse
Legend of the Black Star

Chapter 1: Attack on Strife

The sun shone down through the deep green foliage of summer. The house was a very old one and with it came the vast history of its master. The walls in some placed were patched over in dark bley and in other sections the original bley was stained a sickening yellow. The transclear windows looked out over an expansive courtyard with various training equipment sprawled about haphazardly. As if it had been just in use.
The master of this house, Darkstorm, was finishing breakfast with his disciples, Hiremas Alkerith and DJ Sqiudley when the call came, booming from the entrance of his manor. The shout boomed I their ears despite the volume of the call being at a normal level. This showed a profound TransEnergy (TE) level from the user of this move.
“Darkstorm! I have come to collect on your sins!”
The three men ran outside to confront he voice, grabbing their weapons from off the table. Outside, a momentary flash of sunlight blinded the dark one's eyes as he stood at the newly re-enforced dark bley doorway. Standing before him was a young, beautiful girl wearing deep crimson robes in the traditional style.
Momentarily confused the lord of the manor called out, “Little girl, what are you doing out here? There is a powerful martial artist stalking these lands. If you seek shelter quickly enter. The Cult of Darkness will protect you!”
“Oh?” the girl said, “Is there someone dangerous out here? I hadn't noticed. She smiled sweetly.
The battle-hardened hearts of the three warriors softened immediately towards the young, innocent girl. DJ Squidley rushed forward and ushered her inside. As he bowed low to her he noticed a strange accessory at her side, a shimmering pearl black handle. If he hadn't seen the sweet softness of the girl in front of him he would almost mistake the handle for--
A red, jagged blade of pure energy pierced the heart of Hiremas. He dropped instantly.
“Ha ha ha! You fools have fallen so easily to my charms and blade! Know you face the Crimson Goddess of the Divine Sword, Persephone!”
Darkstorm pulled his disciple inside and fastened the bolts on the door. DJ Squidly looked into his master's eyes in shock.
“Who is she?” he asked in a breathless whisper.
“You do not know of the Crimson Goddess of the Divine Sword Persephone?” his master sputtered in a single breath. “She is the most ruthless martial artist of the current few years She has rocked the Brikverse with her brutality and casual violence towards the various martial sects of the galaxy. I have heard she is on a quest for vengeance against her master and is honing her skills for their inevitable battle.”
“But then why battle with us? We are a small, unknown sect among the Brikverse. We are neither renowned for our TE levels nor our technical skill in the martial arts.”
“I have never told you, my disciple, but I originally learned TE manipulation from a great and prominent master of the past generation. I was once a student of the Force style of martial arts headed by Master Scratch, a student of the Northern Trickster ShadowScythe himself.”
His student's eye bulged from his head at the revelation of such an honored pedigree.
“But master why did you never tell me?”
As Darkstorm prepared to answer the two suddenly heard scampering and scrapping sounds to their left. The two nodded solemnly and prepared to meet their enemy, focusing their meager TE into their dan tian. Signaling with their eyes, master and apprentice prepared to launch their sects ultimate combination, the Dark Storm, an attack using the primary foundations of light and heavy attacks combined into a maelstrom of destructive energies.
DJ Squidley looked to his master one final time in anticipation of their attack only to stare in wide-eyed horror as his master was decapitated right in from of him. Dark, thick blood shot from his neck and his headless body sunk to the ground. A shrill laughter echoed about the manor as the Crimson Goddess once again deactivated her sword.
“And now,” she smiled wickedly, licking her lips, “for the dessert.”
DJ Squidley focused all of his energies into his fists for one final attack when suddenly a flash of silver obscured his view. A long, flowing white cape wrapped around him as he hear a gallant voice call out, “Vile temptress! I have searched the entire Brikverse for you and yet you were here all along bullying your younger martial brothers. How will you be able to face your master after this disgrace? As a sworn brother of your master it is my duty to bring you before him for chastisement.”
“You can try, if you believe yourself strong enough. Until now no one has been able to stand against the Crimson Goddess and live to tell the tale! My foolish master didn't realize my true potential! He couldn't understand the power that flows through my very core!”
“Enough talk, we will exchange a few stances and you will quickly find who is the superior martial artist!”
The cloak fell from his eyes and DJ Squidley viewed a magnificent hero standing before him garbed in silver and white. The brave, older man stood tall and proud. His fierce blue eyes reflected the silver sheen of his long sword. As he rushed forward to do battle with the Crimson Goddess his black locks flew back from his forehead. Steel met with pure energy as the two began to fence. At first Persephone attacked fiercely, using her extreme anger to fuel the power of her blows.
Her martial style, which she called Crimson Blade Technique focused on the user emotions during the battle. The more the wielder could conjure up their own negative emotions the greater the power of the strikes. This form of fighting was similar in some sense to the orthodox Potential style which ruled that heroes had no preconceived limits and would continue to grow when fighting against stronger enemies. The style, originally created by Central Ruler Mike Rayhawk was considered to be the pinnacle of Brikverse martial arts and had long been held as one of the five great orthodox styles from which most other martial arts sects had sprung from. And while the two sets of moves could be said to be similar Potential style usually built on positive emotions such as heroism, chivalry, and standing against great odds while this unorthodox style focused more on hatred, anger and feelings of inferiority towards other martial artists.
And so it was that after a few moves the Crimson Goddess's divine sword began to weaken as she began to feel more and more in control of the fight.
“Is this the great Silverdream, disciple of the Eastern Builder? I had heard you were a great martial artist who broke off to form his own school and yet you can barely handle your junior? How can you talk of bringing shame when you are even unable to defeat me?”
Silverdream smiled. “As master of Lucidity style I can see all. Your Crimson Blade style is refined and powerful but in a long fight it loses it's power. The reason you have been successful is until now more powerful opponents backed you into a corner, which is when your true power shines. However my sect relies more on knowing the opponent and using their weaknesses to defeat them. You could say that my style exists as a black star to your own. You will be unable to defeat me. I will gain victory in 5 moves.”
Crimson Goddess Persephone saw that what Silverdream said was true. This opponent was truly one she could not defeat at her current level of refinement. After his bold declaration of victory she considered making a counter attack but feared as the master of the Lucidity sect he would have already planned several countermoves against her. In this situation she could only retreat.
Leaping back, the Crimson Goddess threw her hidden projectiles towards Silvedream who in focusing on blocking her attacks momentarily lost his focus on her, allowing her to make a getaway. Sheathing his sword, he pulled DJ Squidley to his feet. The Young man stared in wonder at the famous member of the Brikverse standing in front of him.
“Are you all right?” Silverdream asked.
“Yes sir. But what about the Crimson Goddess?”
“I have been chasing her for a long time. Perhaps I had better continue after her. You, however had best tend to your master. As thy say, “The only thing hat cannot cede to death is fealty to one's master.”
“If I may be so bold, my master would rather I get vengeance for his life than prepare a proper burial for him! Allow me to accompany you although junior's martial arts are low.”
The young boy before him swelled his chest in pride at his bold statement and Silverdream noticed a certain look in the young man's eyes he hadn't seen in a long time.
“Very well, let us make haste!”
Utilizing their qinggong the two warriors dashed and darted about the land looking for clues of the Crimson Goddess. After hours of fruitless searching they found themselves near a riverbed long since run dry. The sun began to set, shooting tendrils of fire into the branches of the trees, creating a shimmering golden light. The two men, lost in their task almost failed to notice a small hut made of natural elements.
“Master, perhaps she is hiding in here?”
Silverdream motioned for the boy to stand back and he drew his sword. Normally in the world of the Brkverse it was common courtesy to announce one's arrival before attacking his opponent however in this situation the subduing of a criminal, despite her status as a martial artist, allowed Silverdream to attempt to approach his foe by using stealth.
As he entered into the shack, Silverdream immediately put down his sword. Standing before him was a pale, emaciated young boy.
“What do you want?!” the boy said rudely. “I don't have any food if that's what you're after.”
“I apologize for intruding. I am searching for a criminal and thought she may be taking shelter in your home. Have you seen anyone about these parts?”
“Around here? Nope. This is a pretty desolate place. You're the first person I've seen around here for a long while since my mama died.”
“Your mother? Died? So you've been here ever since?”
“Just about. I like to wander about sometimes and I do need to forage for food but I've been here in this hut for the past year, yes.”
“And what about your father? Where is he?”
“My father? All I know is he was a famous martial artist. He's dead now though. the FBI said his name was Kommander Ken.”
Like a flash of lightning Silverdream's face suddenly changed. His expression, previously of mistrust turned into one of sympathy and then immediately into one of feigned indifference.
“Komander Ken, you said? I see. So that would make you...”
“Name's Ben.”
“Well, Ben. It is dangerous to be around these parts. A criminal is on the loose and there is nothing to stop her from coming to your home and abusing you. You should come with my companion and I for now where it is safe.”
“It's just as well, I don't have anywhere I'd really prefer to be. Nothing tying my here. And say, mister do you have any food?”
The three returned to the manor of Darkstorm and buried master and apprentice. The next morning they set out once again to look for the Crimson Goddess.
“I'm afraid by now it will be impossible to catch her trail. Perhaps it would be best if I sent you two to a friend of mine. What would you say to being taken under the tutelage of Master Scratch of the Force sect? He ca teach you powerful martial arts and TE control techniques. Then when you grow up you will be able to take revenge for your master's death.”
DJ Squidley agreed at once and Ben seemed to agree. N the back of his mind, however the young boy thought, Why would I care about some weak old master who died? It has nothing to do with me. But I may as well learn powerful martial arts from a real master. And so they traveled to the Force Sect school deep in the mountains of Space Venice.
Maybe Scratch will have the courage that I lack to teach the boy of the true fate of his father... Silverdream thought to himself as they stood at the tall, arching doorways of the House of Force.
End Chapter
Just Monika

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Re: Gallant Wanderers Book 2: Legend of the Black Star

Post by sahasrahla » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:33 am

are these guys from an anime? I've never heard of them

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:36 am

No this is a serious wuxia serial novel
Just Monika

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Well, that was pretty cool. Is there any chance that this was based on irl forum discussions? :omnom: I await the next chapter.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Archduke
a line of angrily mashed out gibberish

Post by Archduke » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:26 pm

I like it!
Natalya wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Why would anyone get banned for this?
Image Image

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Its like you took an anime and replaced all the character's with forum members
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Captain-Camper wrote:Its like you took an anime and replaced all the character's with forum members
And with walls of text.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Post by DJ Squidley » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Omega Prime wrote:Well, that was pretty cool. Is there any chance that this was based on irl forum discussions? :omnom: I await the next chapter.
A goddess calling me dessert? Nice try, but I don't think so. Other elements are possible, however. Kinda feel bad for only stumbling across this just now, it's a fantastic story and I can't wait for chapter 2.