Canis Bellum Super Heavy Scout Walker (Now Smoother!)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Canis Bellum Super Heavy Scout Walker (Now Smoother!)

Postby bann154 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:08 pm

I wanted to build something big so i broke out my parts and ended up making this. As you can all tell its based off a mars pattern warhound titan i used various images of lego warhounds from across the internet as a basis. I think i will need to spruce up the upper body plates and maybe make a back mounted weapons system.

It stands 12" tall its weapons include 2 size 6 Plasma Cannons and 2 size 5 Flame Cannons. Im thinking of naming it Mors Cursor.
Last edited by bann154 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
bann154
bann is the mann

Re: Canis Bellum Super Heavy Scout Walker

Postby militaryfreak » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Oooh nice! im a little surprised it stands straight, are those bionicle joints stroung enough? Id love to see a studless version
militaryfreak
Hero

Postby dilanski » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:04 pm

bann154 wrote:its weapons include 2 size 69 Plasma Cannons

Size 69!

Man, you could kill your opponent of boredom while they wait for you to tot up your damage roll.

Very nifty imposing model. I'm a fan of the plasma channels, instantly conjured up a likeness to the source material.

Still, I have to ask. Is it stable on those pelvic ball joints? The top could be lighter than I am guessing, but if it is as heavy as it looks, I am surprised you got it standing upright.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Postby bann154 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:47 pm

militaryfreak wrote:Oooh nice! im a little surprised it stands straight, are those bionicle joints stroung enough? Id love to see a studless version

I would love to have made it studless however i lack enough tiles to do so maybe i will make a bricklink order for that...
dilanski wrote:
bann154 wrote:its weapons include 2 size 69 Plasma Cannons

Size 69!
Man, you could kill your opponent of boredom while they wait for you to tot up your damage roll.

Damn word f i l t e r s...

dilanski wrote:Still, I have to ask. Is it stable on those pelvic ball joints? The top could be lighter than I am guessing, but if it is as heavy as it looks, I am surprised you got it standing upright.

As for the question of the ball joints. I used the friction increaser thingys. They work very well however it helps that the upper body is not solid or fully built its mostly just plates and a few of the 6 stud long wall sections.
bann154
bann is the mann

Postby Gorthaff » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:22 am

Holey moley! Have we transcended the digital drednaught dickwawing contest and began an all new one?
Also, that build is  :666:
I couldn't come up with anything smart, original or funny, so <=THIS=> is what you get.
ENJOY IT!!!
Gorthaff
Minifig

Postby dilanski » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:29 am

bann154 wrote:Damn word f i l t e r s...

just plates and a few of the 69 stud long wall sections.

First ever single character filter the forum has had if I am not mistaken. Meaning the usual workaround is out of the question.
dilanski

Postby Zahru II » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:52 am

size 69

Jokes aside it's very impressive, maybe some smoothening/extra detail with tiles could benefit it.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Omega Prime » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:46 pm

Gorthaff wrote:Holey moley! Have we transcended the digital drednaught dickwawing contest and began an all new one?

This would be pretty cool. I mean, the LDD Forum has been kind of dead as of late.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby dilanski » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:32 am

Omega Prime wrote:
Gorthaff wrote:Holey moley! Have we transcended the digital drednaught dickwawing contest and began an all new one?

This would be pretty cool. I mean, the LDD Forum has been kind of dead as of late.

LDD has been dead because pretty much everyone who is so inclined to build LDD ships has done so. And beyond that, not many people make LDD ground units. The Dreadnought contest ended because we reached the point where LDD becomes unstable and can't render properly, and no other LCAD program is as quick/intuitive to use as LDD. Most of the people who were contenders in that race also are no longer in education with tons of free time.

If we are starting a mech arms race, then the competition is stiff. We've had 40K Titan inspired mechs before, but the real contenders are Natalya and Deurer with their Gundam derivatives. For which instructions should still be floating about for anyone with the time and money to bricklink the parts. IIRC Natalya quoted $500 at the time for the parts.

IMO the most fun arms race was the Armoured Car and Dreadnut arms races. Lots of fun designs, easy to get into, and many of those models still see action today.
dilanski

Postby Colette » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:20 pm

dilanski wrote:
Omega Prime wrote:

LDD has been dead because pretty much everyone who is so inclined to build LDD ships has done so. And beyond that, not many people make LDD ground units. The Dreadnought contest ended because we reached the point where LDD becomes unstable and can't render properly, and no other LCAD program is as quick/intuitive to use as LDD. Most of the people who were contenders in that race also are no longer in education with tons of free time.

If we are starting a mech arms race, then the competition is stiff. We've had 40K Titan inspired mechs before, but the real contenders are Natalya and Deurer with their Gundam derivatives. For which instructions should still be floating about for anyone with the time and money to bricklink the parts. IIRC Natalya quoted $500 at the time for the parts.

IMO the most fun arms race was the Armoured Car and Dreadnut arms races. Lots of fun designs, easy to get into, and many of those models still see action today.

I would like to mention that I have been the reigning champion of the space dick arms race for a year and 7.5 months now.

That was totally not intended as a challenge or anything.

Also, good work on the mech Bann. Atherta is one of my favorite low-key factions.
ImageImageImage
Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby bann154 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:24 pm

This happened a while ago but I've been to lazy to take pictures. I ordered tiles to make my walker smoother per suggestion here it is. I decided to keep some stud trim kinda like rivets i imagine.
I ran out of plates by the time i got to the hip section unfortunately.
bann154
bann is the mann

Re: Canis Bellum Super Heavy Scout Walker (Now Smoother!)

Postby BriksKrieg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:28 pm

nice
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.

sahasrahla wrote:we can always count on Tzan to offer engaging and intellectually stimulating observations on the topic at hand
BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Re: Canis Bellum Super Heavy Scout Walker (Now Smoother!)

Postby sahasrahla » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:32 pm

definitely a big improvement, in part because it's not as solid black as before
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Return to The Armoury