Katharsis Raider Gang

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Captain Hollister
Champion
Champion

Katharsis Raider Gang

Post by Captain Hollister » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:09 pm

This (relatively) small army represents the attacking force for a match based on a Lego movie that I first saw about 15 years ago called 'Catharsis, Texas', set in the bombed-out ruins of an American city (link for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB-Lc51qyxI&t=). All of the vehicles have an equivalent in the movie, to varying degrees of similarity. There's a bit of an overabundance of BrickArms weapons, but I had so many available for unmade dioramas that I figured I'd put them to use somewhere.

Overwatch (and only oversized image, I swear).

Guy Tralfaz, the leader of the gang.

The LeatherBoyz, a group of bikers and ex-cops who maintain and drive the gang's vehicles.

The China Dolls, half-crazed berserkers that must be locked away between raids.

The Kalash Krew, a band of Russian soldiers led by Major Kazan, stranded after the atomic blasts halted any chances of getting home.

A random assortment of thugs, drifters and ne'er-do-wells attracted to the strength of Tralfaz's crew.

A bulldozer with a viewing platform bolted on, serving as Tralfaz's staff car.

A two-person buggy designed for supporting hit-and-run raids.

An ex-police motorcycle with an autoturret sidecar.

Support bikes.

A hot rod with reinforced side panels and slat armour designed to break through small obstacles. At it's heart is the hot rod from set 6561.

A half-painted pushback tractor with forward firing ShotGuns.

An M290 MLRS, seized from an abandoned military checkpoint. The cockpit missile control system needs rewiring, so ordnance must be fired with the rear controls.

A former news helicopter. Although the TV stations aren't running anymore, the footage taken of raids against survivors provides evening entertainment for the gang.

An old cargo truck re-purposed as a troop transport for the stab-happy China Dolls.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Re: Katharsis Raider Gang

Post by BriksKrieg » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:24 pm

This is a really kewl faction. Im also getting a little Mad Max vibe personally. Do they have a backstory? Id really like to read it if there is one!
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Captain Hollister
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain Hollister » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 pm

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:This is a really kewl faction. Im also getting a little Mad Max vibe personally. Do they have a backstory? Id really like to read it if there is one!
Thanks for that. :) There isn't much backstory beyond the captions and the stop motion movie they're based on, which is similar to Mad Max II. All that's really said is that they're a group of bandits in post-apocalyptic Texas who started trading with a survivor town called Catharsis, only to betray and attack them. They're probably only going to be a one-off for the match I'm playing at the moment.

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Badass. Curious to know why you apologise for the Brickarms? I mean, who gives a shit?

Also, how old are these bricks?
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

Captain Hollister
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain Hollister » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:47 pm

AZKAMAT wrote:Badass. Curious to know why you apologise for the Brickarms? I mean, who gives a shit?

Also, how old are these bricks?
I guess just a silly thought of "if it's not official TLG it might be seen as EEE-VIL". I haven't really been around the forums long enough to know if there was a general feeling, but as you said, who gives a shit?

As to the bricks, they range from brand-spanking new to around 25 years old, with the varying levels of quality that'd entail.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:51 pm

I personsly real like Brickarms and Brickmania. The main problem is it's so damn expensive.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Captain Hollister
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain Hollister » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:17 pm

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:I personsly real like Brickarms and Brickmania. The main problem is it's so damn expensive.
Same here. It feels that with sci-fi settings it's easier to have a variety of nice looking, brick-built firearms, but with modern day settings the range is much more limited with stock Lego options.

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:43 pm

If we're just talking about minifig designs, I think if someone hassles you over not wanting to use TLG brick builds then you should redirect them to this and ask if that's more what they're talking about -> http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13942

If you guys like 3rd party guns, GI Brick has a flat 11% off (roughly) all Brickarms stuff. Also, Brickforge does this thing called "weekly steals" where you can land some sick gear for dirt cheap. All of the headgear for my Clone Legionnaires from Brickingrad came from that for less than 30 cents each.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:25 pm

This is nothing short of amazing. Please do more.

Captain Hollister
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain Hollister » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Zupponn wrote:This is nothing short of amazing. Please do more.
Thanks a lot for that. It's been a few years since I've done any sort of creative building, so I wasn't sure how the models were going to come out. Then again, having templates to work from in the movie linked above helped. The building process and seeing all the factions uploaded to The Armoury have definitely gotten me fired up to do something more personalised.

militaryfreak
Officer

Post by militaryfreak » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:35 am

very Mad Max-y. I really love it. almost makes me wish it was real so i could join lol
"The crashing arrival of a large stone does much to humble an arrogant foe"

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 pm

I just watched that video. It wasn't 10/10, but I see were you got your inspiration from. Overall a 6.5/10 video, but I did enjoy it.

Captain Hollister
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain Hollister » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:44 pm

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:I just watched that video. It wasn't 10/10, but I see were you got your inspiration from. Overall a 69.5/10 video, but I did enjoy it.
Yeah, pretty sure the whole thing was done with the Steven Spielberg MovieMaker set, which was a clunky 'Baby's First Movie Suite' program with an early '00s webcam. The movie was still amazing to 9-year old me, though.

DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Post by DJ Squidley » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:35 am

Damn, these look FANTASTIC! After listening to some John Carpenter music and reminiscing upon the Mad Max movies, now I want to build my own road war (gotta keep it 80s and 90s in look of course), wage a whole campaign and get all sorts of people onboard!

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:21 am

Captain Hollister wrote:This (relatively) small army represents the attacking force for a match based on a Lego movie that I first saw about 15 years ago called 'Catharsis, Texas', set in the bombed-out ruins of an American city (link for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB-Lc51qyxI&t=). All of the vehicles have an equivalent in the movie, to varying degrees of similarity. There's a bit of an overabundance of BrickArms weapons, but I had so many available for unmade dioramas that I figured I'd put them to use somewhere.
:sparta:

There's something absolutely charming about that video ( :666: and Doomguy scream) and this army. No over-thought background or typically boring military units. It oozes Brikwarsyness and I love it. More please!