Nacht der Undertoten

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

vulcant13
Hero

Nacht der Undertoten

Post by vulcant13 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:51 pm

If you have played CoD5 (CoDWAW but w/e) you may know about the Piltogg zombie survival mode that you unlock when you beat campaign. Anyway the objective is to hold off as long as you can against infinite hordes of zombies or undead.

Now in the actual mode in the game, the max amount of players is 4. Players are human so what im getting at is that we all know human/=minfig so the number of minifigs you can have is a max of 12. I'll explain everything in a format i hope will be crystal clear.

Objective:
With your defender minifigs you must try to hold out the longest number of rounds against limitless hordes of undead.

Setup:
Number of survivors: 1-12 (12 being max)
Number of Undead: 10 ( a good number to have so that they respawn and there's not too many zombies to zerg rush the defenders)

Classic Setup: You build a 5-6 brick high building that has at least 6 windows that are 4 studs by 4 bricks (a negative space of 4 4x1's stacked). They cannot go outside and no vehicles. You and your friend need to decide on a fair respawn point. This point is where zombies respawn instantly once killed and move their next turn. The number that respond cannot rollover (take round 1's kill requirement of 15, if you kill all ten zombies only 5 respawn so 15 zombies would've appeared).

Custom Setup: Classic isn't much fun if you have to do it by the letter. Custom is the fudged equivalent of Classic. You can have any type of building you want. You can be outside or wherever, you can leave buildings, split your forces up in two places and have them join to better survive. Vehicles are allowed but PRVs are encouraged. Airplanes are a no-no because if they had an airplane they'd just fly away and avoid gruesome undead combat altogether. That's no fun :P (same respawn rules are active as in the classic mode)

Note: you will probably want piece of paper and a writing utensil.

Stats:
Undead creatures have certain changes in their stats that vary from the normal minifig stats and they change as rounds go by.

Round 1-3 Undead: S:1d6-1 M:3" A: 2
Round 4-8 Undead: S:1d6 M:5" A:3
Round 9-15 Undead: S:1d6+1 M:6" A:4
Round 16+ Undead: S:16+2 M:7" A: 5

Human stats should remain unchanged but modifying them is up to you.

Rules:
A Round changes when a certain number of undead have been killed. This is where paper and pencil come in handy ( making a tally). The number required for each round is below

Round 1-3: 15
Round 4-8: 20
Round 9-15: 25
Round 16+: 30

When a zombie is killed it instantly respawns at the Respawn point you chose before the game began.

C&C? post them and if you think some stuff should be added or changed do the same.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:26 pm

nice i like it.
how bigger distance between the building and the spawn point?
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

vulcant13
Hero

Post by vulcant13 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:29 pm

The distance is what you agree on with your friend (doesn't matter what army you and said friend are). The spawn point could move 1" in the undead player's direction of choice every other round so more zombies faster. Is that good?

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:32 pm

I've got some ideas for a space station one

same rules but its on a space station and if a charter leaves the building with out a space suit they die.
EDIT: i thouugh of a new one if the minifigures helmet falls off in space thay die (aka triping over a corpes and the helmet falling off)
Last edited by tahthing on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

vulcant13
Hero

Post by vulcant13 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:35 pm

That'd be cool. Sorta like the Warhammer 40k space hulk concept minus the nids.

Jaye Tea
Officer

Post by Jaye Tea » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:24 pm

sounds cool
Glory be to the Bomb, and to the Holy Fallout. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. World without end. May the Blessings of the Bomb Almighty, and the Fellowship of the Holy Fallout, descend upon us all. This day and forever more. Amen!

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:43 pm

I am actually going to do something like this for one of my PRA scenarios but with mutants instead of undead/zombies.

I say you would need more zombies or whatever you are using that you have "survivors". You can control the amount on the board, but explosives may end up running out eventually so less kills will be made by each attack. Also because the undead are becoming stronger they will be harder to kill. This means that more will end up being alive. I've played the zombie mod on CoD:UO and usually people don't die because they've been alive for too long, it's because they are being overrun.

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:55 am

If you have the bricks an entire town would be awesome, you could find other survivors or weapons and ammo.
*sigh* if only i had the time and bricks (and floor space)
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:22 am

erm, night of the underdead?
that seems weird.

and, nice idea..
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:33 am

vulcant13 wrote:That'd be cool. Sorta like the Warhammer 40k space hulk concept minus the nids.
I kick ass at Space Hulk! They have one down at my local game store. we count our losess:
`Nids:50
Marines:2
lol, Tactial Dreadnought armour for the win!
Also assault cannons,power fists,Heavy flamers,power sword....but yeah...lol
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

vulcant13
Hero

Post by vulcant13 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:12 pm

goddamn i need to find my usb cable for camera :<

Im pretty sure its just night of the undead. Not all things translate directly into English such and the spanish expression: me duele. doler means to hurt but it's full translation is: it is painful to me. But it is understood as i'm hurting. Maybe this applies to German. I don't know b/c i don't take it so i have no idea what their rules are.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:16 pm

that is incredbly funny, because i swear to god, i JUST finished playing CoD 5. also, what are you supposed to do about the pieces of wood that cover the windows? and the survivers should start with a low power pistol and have to earn new weapons by killing zombies. saaaaayyyy about 5 kills to get a impact pistol, 10 kills to get a low power rifle, 15 kills to get a shotgun (it works good on zombies) 20 kills to get a impact rifle, and 25 kills to get a death gun.this works out because the harder the zombies get, the more destructive guns you get
Holy shit, I'm still here?

vulcant13
Hero

Post by vulcant13 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:30 pm

yea but thats more to keep track of. I think itd be better for the game to be relatively simple so it stays fun. You can play it however you like though.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:50 pm

vulcant13 wrote:yea but thats more to keep track of. I think itd be better for the game to be relatively simple so it stays fun. You can play it however you like though.
hmmmmmmmmmmm...... i now see what you mean after reading over my post. it seemed like a good idea at the time, because you had to buy weapons in the game. about the wood over the windows, the zombies have to pull them off to get inside the windows, and the survivers have to put them back up, like in the game.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:54 pm

meh, i like complicated rules. but thats just me. besides, i have the entire 2001 rules in a big binder. b the way, its nacht der UNtoten, not UNDERtoten