Av4l4nChE's Creations

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Re: Av4l4nChE's Creations

Postby Av4l4nChE » Sat May 05, 2018 1:42 pm

Ok, back on summer break. Here's what I cooked up the first day back. I like to call it, "Vengeful Gotham" or something cool like that. Fun fact: this is the first Batman-inspired creation I've done, and was pretty difficult to replicate in terms of minifigs since the only Batman minifig I have is the Glam Metal Batman collectible figure.

Overwatch shot.

Mr. Freeze turns a random security guard into an ice cube under the hazy glow of a Gotham City streetlamp amidst the piles of rotting trash.

The legendary Caped Crusader looks out on the urban hellscape.

A glimpse of the interior of the building.

A pair of thieves break into the museum to steal the prized statue, broken glass crunching under their feet. A security camera watches it all (not pictured).

Robin is kicking butt on the top floor as he disrupts an arms deal. He's already got three thugs in the bag, and number four isn't much longer for this world, SMG or no.

A side view of the back so you all can see the dope gargoyle head I made. I had to make a gargoyle head, because Gotham City. Also, the security camera is barely visible on the left.

Hope you all like it! Not the greatest pictures, I'll admit. It's difficult to capture it properly, but trust me, it's pretty decent (for the first Batman themed creation of mine ever.)
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Postby TheVengefulOne » Sat May 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Neat, it reminds me of that time in the 90s when Jean-Paul Valley took over as Batman and wore an armored suit (God I sound like a nerd).
sahasrahla wrote:capitalism is just the worst

My Factions and Cameo Forces: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/
TheVengefulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Av4l4nChE » Sat May 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Sounds dope! I really drew from the LEGO Batman video game (the original) for inspiration for this. However, what you described sounds worthy of imitation for sure.
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Postby Av4l4nChE » Sat May 19, 2018 10:35 am

I love this creation because of the ruins. I love ruins, but I've never attempted them on such a large scale before (usually just a bit of piled rock or splintered wood here and there).

Overwatch: A disabled Republic Fighter Tank idles among ancient ruins as the clone mechanic tries desperately to patch it up. His brothers fend off a vicious attack of Assassin Droids and a bounty hunter. General Aayla Secura faces off against the bounty hunter in the center of it all.

A close-up of the two leaders fighting. The picture looked fine when I took it but now it decided to reveal that it was a blurry piece of crap. Sorry about that.

A pic of the scene without Star Wars elements. I love ruins.

All for now!
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sat May 19, 2018 4:16 pm

the ruins are lovely, the star wars stuff almsot spoils it
Image Image
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby Av4l4nChE » Sat May 19, 2018 6:37 pm

AnnoyedZebra wrote:the ruins are lovely, the star wars stuff almsot spoils it

As much as I love Star Wars, I have to agree with you. I mostly put them in to make it more busy, because scenes with lots of stuff going on is my main thing.
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sun May 20, 2018 4:02 pm

I like star wars but I far prefer the aesthetics of the original set of films, sure its all ridiculous garbage but somehow it feels like ridiculous garbage that makes sense? idk. prequels stuff just screams ridiculous garbage and not much else... I do like those little walkers that the guys sit on though, thsoe are cute
Image Image
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Previous

Return to Bricks