Bringing Back the Glory [FFA BrikWarRPG playtest] - COMPLETE

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Texhnophille
Minifig

Bringing Back the Glory [FFA BrikWarRPG playtest] - COMPLETE

Post by Texhnophille » Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm

Somewhere on the outskirts of the Galaxy...

A group of 10 minifigs were chosen for a greater purpose. Teleported away from their homelands, or wherever they might've been...

...and into the mysterious arena.

They have no idea of what is to come...
Star Commando: Who said that?
...asked Graver, a former Star Commando who fled Assyrian Empire after some sensitive peach situation.

Graver: You hear that shit too?
Little did he know, neither the ninja, nor that cursed-looking Q2 strogg wannabe understood the Basik Galactik language.

Hal: Well that's a new low. So just a second ago I saw a peach motherfucker begging for his life, and now I see this barren shithole. Explanations?
Said Hal Sullivan, a badass cyborg-captain of the Greymachine PMC. Roy-3, his android companion starts a diagnostics run-through, trying to figure out where they are.

The dude in blue armor strode forward, apparently annoyed by the fact he was away from that BrikThulhian gore nest he'd been about to decimate.
Bralor: Going somewhere? Maybe we shouldn't separa-

*SMACK*

Well that's one way to get acquainted, right? Bralor, the guy in Mandalorian armor, was still thinking that this situation is something you could resolve by working together...
Bralor: Well shit, do enlighten me, please.
Yeah, I guess it's time to wrap up this intro...

You idiots were chosen to entertain your new master, who is me by the way. I built this arena for you to run around and cause wanton slaughter.

Don't remember choosing these two... things.
Dragon Guy: *hisses and roars*
Gargoyle Guy: *brick noises*

This arena is chock full of weapons and vehicles. Take your pick and embrace the carnage! The one with most frags will become my Great Champion!

Don't even try to escape. I'm your God from here on out. I decide whether you live or die, I decide whether you respawn or continue feeding worms.

Oh, don't you worry, it'll be fun. At least it should be. Killing others will make you harder, better, faster, stronger. I know you all love killing stuff, so don't be shy. Consider this place a Valhalla if you wish.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Welcome to my first Forum Battle: Bringing Back the Glory!

As some of you may know, I enjoy tinkering with BrikWars rules. So this time is no different. What you are about to see and, hopefully, participate in is the classic Q3/Unreal-style Deathmatch transitioned into BrikWars. You have an array of different weapons and the ability to respawn on the next turn whenever you get fragged.

The rules:
Spoiler
Show
All minifigs come with the ability to carry and fire Size 2" weapons without the need to stand still.
Most of the weapons come with unique special rules, some of them are quite devastating. These special rules, along with weapon stats will be revealed the second a character picks it up.
Minifigs may carry up to two weapons each with no Movement penalties.
Players can control one minifig each, though, should there be too few participants, they may control two minifigs or more.
A lot of this is similar (borderline ripping-off) to BrickSyd's BrikWarRPG system, meaning you kill stuff > you gain XP > you level up your stats. In this instance, all participants start as Level-1 basic minifigs with the following stats:
Armor: 1d6
Mobility: 5"
Skill: 1d6

Initially, to get a level-up, you need to frag a single enemy. For each subsequent level, the amount of required frags increases by one, meaning to reach level 3 you'll need 2 frags, level 4 requires 3 and so on. Leveling up occurs in between turns via PM where the player states what stat he wants to increase.
Speaking of stats, there are Mobility, Skill, Armor, SuperNatural Dice, and Perks.

Here's how they are leveled:
Skill:
Level 0 - Skill = 1d4 (Incompetent)
Level 1 - Skill = 1d6 (Trained)
Level 2 - Skill = 1d8 (Expert)
Level 3 - Skill = 1d10 (Heroic
Level 4 - Skill = 1d12 (Supernatural)

Movement:
Level 0 - Move = 5''
Level 1 - Move = 6''
Level 2 - Move = 7''
Level 3 - Move = 8''
Level 4 - Move = 9''

Armor:
Level 0 - Armor = 1d6
Level 1 - Armor = 1d8
Level 2 - Armor = 1d10
Level 3 - Armor = 1d12
Level 4 - Armor = 2d6

Supernatural Dice:
Use faces to build the dices of your choice (up to a maximum of four dices).
(1d6 = 6 faces, 1d8 = 8 faces, and so on)
Level 0 - No supernatural power
Level 1 - 10 faces (ex: 1d6+1d4)
Level 2 - 20 faces (ex: 2d10)
Level 3 - 30 faces (ex: 3d8+1d6)
Level 4 - 40 faces (ex: 2d12+1d10+1d6)

Perks are based directly on your gear or stats. There are Mobility perks, Defence perks, Ranged perks, CC perks, SuperNatural perks, and Hybrid perks. A perk in each category affects your character's effectiveness in that field. For example, Parkour! perk (former Spider Gynmastix) is tied to Mobility since it affects your movement speed in difficult terrain. Other perks work in similar fashion. Hybrid perks are available after the player purchases two perks from different categories. A perk with Mobility refund for firing at an enemy up close is tied to Mobility and Ranged weaponry, for example. Whenever a player purchases one perk tied to A and one perk tied to B, he may get a combined perk related to both A and B in some way. For example, purchasing while having one ranged perk and one CC perk has a chance to unlock a perk that has both ranged and CC use. The Hybrid perks don't apply to SuperNatural perks.

Perks are unlocked thorugh selecting a category and then rolling your Skill. After that I PM (or post it in here, I'm not sure yet) you about what perks are available for you to choose. You are never forced to pick a perk you don't like and may instead upgrade your other stats. I indend to keep most of the perks in the dark in order to not ruin the surprise for the players, but I can drop you a Google Doc if you are that interested.
The game is going to last 8 turns, the winner is whoever gets the most kills. I am hoping to post turns every 48 hours during which you should PM your orders directly to me. Good luck, have fun! jesus I really hope I won't fuck this up

Graver - StalinsFavoriteKhat
The Red Ninja - _________
The Cursed Knight - _________
Hal Sullivan - Omega Prime
Roy-3 Kill-Team model (aka R3KT) - ___________
Bralor the Mandalorian - _____________
The Blueguy - ninja_bait
Gargoyle Guy - _____________
Dragon Guy - roommate
Sawyer the Redneck - ____________
Secret Faction #1 - NPC'd (arrives at the end of Turn 3)
Secret Faction #2 - NPC'd (arrives at the end of Turn 3)
Last edited by Texhnophille on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Re: Bringing Back the Glory [FFA BrikWarRPG playtest] - SIGN

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Mon May 21, 2018 2:00 am

thats a lot of slots, idk if youll be able to fill all those slots but good luck tbh cos this is cool
Image Image

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Mon May 21, 2018 2:19 am

AnnoyedZebra wrote:thats a lot of slots, idk if youll be able to fill all those slots but good luck tbh cos this is cool
If there ends up being too few players, I'll either let them pick two or more minifigs, or just delete/NPC remaining characters. Thanks btw! Gonna try my best.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Tue May 22, 2018 7:53 pm

This looks lit. I would like to be Graver.

Wish I had time to do this stuff, but hey, im happy that others can!!!
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Tue May 22, 2018 9:46 pm

I'll take Hal.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Wed May 23, 2018 12:59 am

You're on guys! Gonna need at least two more players, and then we can begin. If there's gonna be four players total, I will speed up the XP progression.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Sun May 27, 2018 10:49 am

I'll sign up for a random feller
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Sun May 27, 2018 1:15 pm

a random feller it is then

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Mon May 28, 2018 11:12 am

So I've decided to NPC the secret factions and added my roommate as an additional player. Don't wanna drag this out, so there it is.

Send your orders! You may all ask questions like what items are in range for your characters to pick up and stuff like that. I'll be doing separate overwatch shots for each player.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Thu May 31, 2018 2:30 am

Still need orders from StalinsFavoriteKhat!

Texhnophille
Minifig

Re: Bringing Back the Glory [FFA BrikWarRPG playtest] - TURN

Post by Texhnophille » Thu May 31, 2018 4:01 pm

TURN 1

Turn order [determined by a d20 roll]:
Graver (NPC'd due to the lack of orders) - 8
Hal Sullivan (Omega Prime) - 9
The Blueguy (ninja_bait) - 18
Dragon Guy (roommate) - 19

I'M BORED!

...snap
NOW, WITH HALF OF THE PARTICIPANTS DEAD MAYBE SOME OF YOU WILL HURRY UP AND AMUSE ME!!!

Dragon Guy (roommate)

Dragon Guy is the first to make haste, running towards some sort of rifle...

He then picks it up, obtaining the Static Rifle!
Spoiler
Show
Static Rifle
Size 1.5” Gun
UR: 3
Range: 10”
Damage: 1d6+1
Special Rule:
Static Charge - your unused MOMs convert into Bonus Damage or Range.
He is eager to put the newly found weapon to good use...
...oh my, that's embarrassing.

Instead of hitting the intended target, the weapon flies out of his tiny paws thanks to unmanageable recoil.

The Blueguy (ninja_bait)

The Blueguy hops over some starfighter wreckage.

He then heads towards a suspicious silver cylinder...

...that ends up being the Beamsaber!
Spoiler
Show
Beamsaber
Heavy Weapon
Range: CC
Damage: 1 Skill Die +2
Special Rule:
Deflector - this weapon can Parry ranged attacks from single-shot guns. Overskill may deflect the Damage to any enemy within your line of sight.
Hal Sullivan (Omega Prime)

Sullivan rushes towards a big-ass gun lying nearby.

Hal: Well~ Long time no see, girl.
He quickly realises that this is the very same Minigun he was using way back during that mission when fighting cyber-necromancers or whatever.
Spoiler
Show
Minigun
Size 2” Auto-Gun
UR: 4
Range: 8”
Damage: 2d6
Special Rule:
Endless Fire - if you fired a Minigun on your previous turn, you may continue firing, adding +1d6 to Damage, but limiting your Movement to Half Speed due to recoil.
Hal then turns around super-fast and opens up a volley. Unfortunately, the only thing peppered with bullets is the air.

Graver (NPC'd due to the lack of orders)

The former Star Commando picks up a nearby Modular Rifle.
Spoiler
Show
Modular Rifle
Size 1.5” Auto-Gun
Range: 8”
Damage: 1d6+1
Special Rule:
Underslung - this weapon has an underslung attachment that can be loaded with either a d8 Blast ammo (treating the mod as a size 1” BlastGun) or a d10 Frag grenade (treating the mod as a size 1” Launcher). After making the attack, the weapon mod must be reloaded with a Major Action. You don’t need to have any physical ammo to use it.
He is quite happy to put that underslung shotgun to test.

Alas, another CritFailure. Even with low use rating and near-pointblank range, Graver still manages to screw it up and is knocked back a couple of inches.

He crashes into a bike nearby, falling Disrupted. He looks quite optimistic for a guy with diagnosed dice kancer.

Overwatch:

There is a cool looking axe within range for Hal and The Blueguy to pick up.

While trying to get up, Graver notices something big and double-barreled near him. Even with Half-Speed, he should be able to pick it up next turn.

There is also something that kinda looks like an Assyrian laser rifle that Dragon Guy and The Blueguy can both pick up next turn.

Send orders for Turn 2! The order deadline is 2 days, 3 days tops.

Current Player Stats:
Spoiler
Show
Graver (StalinsFavoriteKhat)
Weapons:
Modular Rifle
Frags: 0
Deaths: 0

Weapons:
Minigun

The Blueguy (ninja_bait)
Weapons:
Beamsaber

Dragon Guy (roommate)
Weapons:
-
Last edited by Texhnophille on Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:34 pm

That was pretty quick guys, thank you!

TURN 2

Graver (StalinsFavoriteKhat) - 3
Hal Sullivan (Omega Prime) - 20
The Blueguy (ninja_bait) - 14
Dragon Guy (roommate) - 18

Before his minigun stops spinning, Hal fires again, raining bullets from all six red-hot barrels.

His Skill roll is barely sufficient...

...enough to smear Graver all over the nearby terrain. Hal gains 1 XP and Levels Up, drawing First Blood!
The motorcycle, however, holds out.

Dragon Guy (roommate)

It is clear that his crooked lizard paws are not trained to hold a gun. Still, this fact doesn't stop him from picking up Static Rifle yet again.

The scaly dude then sprints towards the giant red mech nearby, probably in hopes of blending into all that redness like a true predator.

His sprinting endeavor goes a bit too far...

[so I decided that the map borders should act as invisible walls with 1d6 POP; I just rolled Dragon Guy's MOM vs the wall's POP; the guy bounced back for 1", falling Disrupted]

The Blueguy (ninja_bait)

Seeing the perfect opportunity (and probably experiencing BrikThulhu flashbacks), The Blueguy charges towards Disrupted Dragon Guy.

His charge is a massive success, slicing Dragon's scaly neck all the way through. The Blueguy gains 1 XP and Levels Up! Rip and tear!!

Graver: What the...?
Yes, my little Assyrian friend. Death is never the end - not here at least. Now, get up and kick some ass!

He strides towards the double-barrelled gun...

Hey look, it's the Super Shotgun!
Spoiler
Show
Super Shotgun
Size 2” BlastGun
Range: 6”
Damage: 2d8-(distance)
Special Rule:
Decimate - after having rolled your Damage, you may maximize one of your Damage dice number (Overkill applied as usual) at the cost of reloading next turn. Does not apply to critically failed rolls.
Graver gives Hal a grave look...
Graver: You've got bad luck coming your way!
He uses his remaining Move inches to get as close as possible and then...

His skill roll is barely enough to hit Hal. The damage though...

Even with one d8 maximized, the buckshot easily bounces off Sullivan's armor. Had Graver shot him at point-blank range, that damage would've killed the target.

Hal: Bad luck, huh?

Overwatch:

The Blueguy (ninja_bait) sees an abundance of weapons near himself that includes: The Static Rifle, some bastard launcher, a size 2" gun, a two-handed weapon, a staff, and a set of BT armor directly above him.

Graver sees that the giant mining machine to his left contains some small gun (in the cockpit) and a set of armor with yet another big-ass gun. If he feels like sprinting to the left side of the map, he may also try and pick up a long-ranged weapon. Up to the north is a couple of CC weapons.

Current Player Stats:
Spoiler
Show
Weapons:
Super Shotgun
Deaths: 1

LEVEL UP: PM or write here about which stats you want to upgrade
+Skill: 1d6
+Armor: 1d6
+Mobility: 5"
XP to next level: 2
Weapons:
Minigun
Frags: 1

The Blueguy (ninja_bait)
LEVEL UP: PM or write here about which stats you want to upgrade
+Skill: 1d6
+Armor: 1d6
+Mobility: 5"
Weapons:
Beamsaber

Dragon Guy (roommate)
Weapons:
-
Send orders for Turn 3!
Last edited by Texhnophille on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:31 am

TURN 3

Graver (StalinsFavoriteKhat) - 10
Hal Sullivan (Omega Prime) - 16
The Blueguy (ninja_bait) - 18
Dragon Guy (roommate) - 20

Dragon Guy (roommate)

Graver: The fuck?
Dragon Guy: *autistic screech*

Hal: You want some too?

Dragon dude quite sensibly decides to run towards the nearest weapon.

He picks up the Modular Rifle and takes his aim.

OH HE'S ANGERY

Double kill, yuss!! A masterfully executed burst wipes both Graver and Sullivan off the face of the arena!

Graver: ...you kidding me?..

Even in death, Hal looks only mildly frustrated.

The Blueguy (ninja_bait)

Blueguy's attention is caught by a blue shiny thing above.

He jumps and climbs up easily.

Getting attracted to a set of Blue Transparent Armor is only natural when your own name has "blue" in it.

The Blueguy puts on the BT Armor, increasing his Armor die size by one until he is killed.

Hal: You're all dead meat.

His intention was to kill Graver once again, but, since he's already dead, Hal figures that any opponent should suffice.

He strides along and picks up the Ninrach!
Spoiler
Show
Ninrach
Two-Handed Weapon
UR: 4
Range: CC
Damage: 2 Skill Dice
Special Rule:
Even the Odds - whenever you are outnumbered in CC, your Armor Die size increases by one for each additional enemy. While Parrying, your Skill rolls are considered Blessed and apply two layers of Deflection instead of one.
He then proceeds to pick up the Static Rifle, picking his target...

I'm seriously beginning to think that this piece of shit is malfunctioning or something.

Seeing that his ranged weapon is gone, Hal unsheathes his blade.

Without making a single step, Graver reaches out to some sort of rifle.

Meet the Sniper Rifle, ladies and gents!
Spoiler
Show
Sniper Rifle
Size: 1.5” Gun
Range: 10”
Damage: 1d6+2
Special Rule:
Bipod - when Stationary, all shots against enemies are auto hits. Same goes for all shots against you. Out of range damage penalties still apply.
He's got a bone to pick with Sullivan, but the nemesis is about 35" away.

The scaly boi is a bit closer, though.

BLAM!

Although pretty decent, the Damage roll eventually dropped to 1 because of the penalty. All it did is give the Dragon a little frighten.

Overwatch:
There are some CC weapons for Graver to pick up, an additional ranged weapon just within his arms reach, and something really-really special on top of that tower nearby.

Send orders for Tu--

CRASH!!!
What in the--?!

Mutrans: You ain't got shit on me, you trash!
Hook: Huh? Wuzzat? Wuzzat?! You wanna free your head from shoulders, you pick the right guy to fight!

What the actual fuck?!
Mutrans:...
Hook:...

You're not supposed to be here, it's a private property, you fucks!
My chosen! I'll give extra frags to anyone who will manage to kick their Technic-axled asses off my arena!

[Mutrans and Hook are two separate factions. If anyone still wishes to join, you may pick them. They both have 2d10 Armor, 1d10 Skill and 10" Move. Hook has 3 HP and is well-armed. Mutran has 5 HP, a couple of SuperNatural Dice and an ability to fly up to 8". Their objective is to kill each other with extreme drunken prejudice. XP-wise, they both worth 3 XP and 5 XP accordingly.]

Current Player Stats:
Spoiler
Show
XP to next level: 1
Weapons:
Sniper Rifle
Deaths: 2

Armor: 1d8
Weapons:
Ninrach

The Blueguy (ninja_bait)
Skill: 1d8
Armor: 1d6 (1d8 from BT)
Weapons:
Beamsaber

Dragon Guy (roommate)
Armor: 1d10
XP to next level: 3
Weapons:
Modular Rifle
Frags: 2
Send orders for Turn 4!

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Omega Prime, want a truce? We can work together to frag the barnacle monsters.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:35 pm

ninja_bait wrote:Omega Prime, want a truce? We can work together to frag the barnacle monsters.
That is a possibility btw, just bear in mind that the XP is gonna be divided (rounded up) if you decide to join forces.